Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unbeatable comp 1.2 because of neglegeant balancing

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Unbeatable comp 1.2 because of neglegeant balancing

Omnistarr
04.10.2012 , 09:23 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by LoloStarwind View Post
5 marauders
3 sorc healers

gg

you will never beat this team with any other setup then mirror if they are even closely competent at there class

you will see this team #1 id put my mortgage on it
Whomever taught you to spell should be more ashamed of your illiteracy than you are.

Also, this group composition is awful. What you're stating simply isn't true.
Master Starr Skyfire
Jedi Sage
<Republic's Elite>
The Bastion

Blasphemerr
04.10.2012 , 09:28 AM | #32
I now really want to see 8 assassins roll over some warzones.
Something pretentious.

TomC
04.10.2012 , 09:38 AM | #33
The comp doesn't really matter in Huttball. When rated play starts you'll see that zone defense and passing will dominate. Huttball is essentially rugby without scrums it is similar to American Rules football without downs and illegal laterals. In both games successful passing will utterly dominate a ball running team. You can score with three passes and no running every time. Essential zone defense on the ball spawn is all that is going to decide winners and losers once teams get serious.

Scoobings
04.10.2012 , 10:02 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by TomC View Post
The comp doesn't really matter in Huttball. When rated play starts you'll see that zone defense and passing will dominate. Huttball is essentially rugby without scrums it is similar to American Rules football without downs and illegal laterals. In both games successful passing will utterly dominate a ball running team. You can score with three passes and no running every time. Essential zone defense on the ball spawn is all that is going to decide winners and losers once teams get serious.
This. Vanguards and Assassins are going to be pretty wicked zone defenders and I think each team is going to be at a significant disadvantage without at the very least one vanguard and/or assassin. Also, I think that Juggernauts are too good in huttball to not have right now. At least 1.

You have to figure that your comp with 5 mauraders will have no aoe taunts or guard and that will end up being a problem. Especially if they don't get control of mid. The speed bosts though would be pretty devestating for a running game, that's for sure.
- Kaeljen, 50 Powertech - Mal'Shek, 50 Juggernaut
- Adien, 50 Assassin - Jest, 50 Sniper
- Kijaar, 15 Sentinel

Semitote
04.10.2012 , 10:21 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by MrRayen View Post
Really?

This changes alone would make a class completely useless.

Imagine only that your change is implemented for undying rage. So after a sent use it you can write EASY KILL above his head because after 4 seconds he would be unhealable for 6 seconds?! If a sent use that skill after 4 seconds he will have very low hp (can't be healed) so you can just kill him in those 6 seconds and /laugh to his healers.

I am just hoping people in BW don't think like you.
So your entire class is built around these two abilities? Seems like a legit reason to redesign the class.
Semee - Legacy 39 - Valor 83 - Social VIII - Juggernaut
The Fatman Nerf Dialogue World #1 8M Empire
"Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense."

Ferrouswheel
04.10.2012 , 10:38 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by TomC View Post
Although I agree with the majority of the thread in that the OP is wrong. I would like to say that passing will not be completely dominating as it isn't in American Football, as an unstopped running team will beat the passing team if they have better defense, which they should if they focus on running. Also, the jumping and pull abilities make the game different then American Football, as you need additional people where you were if you got pulled into the pit, and you can run more easily with jumping abilities.

It would be hilarious to see a game of football with jumpers and pulls.

Xerain
04.10.2012 , 10:41 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Nukor View Post
This comp sounds absolutely devestating if all 8 players are coordinated.

The infinite speed boost and undeniable damage output is useful on every single map, but in Huttball particularly this comp cannot be beaten without having a similar amount of marauders.

I used to queue up with 2 marauders a lot and between their 2 speed boosts Huttball was a joke to us. Anyone think merc healers have poor mobility? Run with some marauders and you'll have to slow yourself down at points because you're just running way too fast to effectively stay in LOS of your heal targets unless they're keeping up with you.

This will definately be the deciding factor in future "nerfs" that will be demanded when rated rankings start to hit 2k and above.

I believe that a debuff needs to be placed on sprinters after the sprint buff wears off. Something like "for 2 minutes after the speed buff, you cannot gain the benefit of another speed buff"

Someone mentioned that it'll be useful in Civil War/Novare coast but it's also going to be insane for voidstar as well. Being able to jump the gap at the 2nd set of doors is something only these classes can do and when you have a team full of players doing it, they will destroy Voidstar as well.

The only composition that I think might be a bit better, is switching out one sorc for a tank assassin just for the ability to guard when needed. Even then... the damage output of 5 marauders focus-targeting with alt-T or clicking on the focus target's target with the new UI would make the guard pretty useless for the most part.
Multiple Marauders already get shafted if one pops predation, we can't build fury during it .

trakata
04.10.2012 , 10:43 AM | #38
Lolz, I'd love to face a 5 marauder/3 sorc team and dominate them. Especially with FOTM scrubs who never actually learned to play their classes correctly. Sorcs are amazingly predictable and squishy beyond belief; without guard a couple of DPS will focus them down. Tanks hold off the marauders (ah, the wonders of CC) and it's gg.

The only WZ where classes really matter is Huttball, and even then (as previous posters have noted) good passing and positioning is what reliably wins games. Gimmicks like Resilience/Force Speed and Leaps are counterable by good teams, whereas skilled zone playing simply is not.

Edit: To previous poster, a runner with skilled protection can survive, but is not as reliable as well-placed passers. The best teams I have seen win fast because they are always in the right position (Looking forward to 8-man premades!)
Vrook Lamar: Kaltos - Jedi Shadow, Ryld - Mercenary
Quote: Originally Posted by Froteus View Post
The only thing that needs fixing is for bads to stop being bad.

Astarica
04.10.2012 , 11:05 AM | #39
The best spot for receivers tend to be very good places for Assasdsins and Marauders to fight as well and since those are pretty much the best 1v1 classes in the game, you pretty much have at most 50% chance of succeeding (if you're an Assassin or a Marauder), and much less if you're anyone else.

Grapple pretty much stops most sneaky pass attempts. It's usually not enough to stop a Jugg, but there's nothing sneaky about them.

TomC
04.10.2012 , 11:17 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Ferrouswheel View Post
Although I agree with the majority of the thread in that the OP is wrong. I would like to say that passing will not be completely dominating as it isn't in American Football, as an unstopped running team will beat the passing team if they have better defense, which they should if they focus on running. Also, the jumping and pull abilities make the game different then American Football, as you need additional people where you were if you got pulled into the pit, and you can run more easily with jumping abilities.

It would be hilarious to see a game of football with jumpers and pulls.
The thing is there are no downs and you can always pass unless stunned. So no matter how much you gum up a player they can always pass farther than a runner facing the same snares stuns etc. Receiver positioning outside of mid will decide games faster than any running ever can.