Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

warzone premades and bioware

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
warzone premades and bioware

astrocanis
04.10.2012 , 05:39 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by ttwistt View Post
standing around the mission terminal in fleet waiting for the bz to pop while everyone is completely silent is a community worth saving!
You're part of the community. You're allowed to speak.

I haven't experienced that and I play on 6 different servers (don't ask).

When cross-server hits, WZ will become even more of a PITA. Every BNet baby with an attitude will scream crap over chat. And I'll probably stop healing altogether when that happens.

Aragorrius
04.10.2012 , 05:51 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Limbobway View Post
are there servers that are that bad? wow.

well i don't like admitting this, but yes there are Servers that bad.

At the peak when I joined end of January we would have around 200 people on the fleet at peak times.... now.. even on sundays it doesn't go over 100... usually not even over 60...

I've seen as little as 6 people on the fleet on a Sunday morning around 10:00 Amsterdam time.

I left a guild cause it was dead... and I started one with active players.. but most of us say we would have left if we hadn't started this guild with active players...

I love the game.. but the population issue is serious. I hope 1.2 will turn the tide.. but if it doesn't... BW will have to do something. I've seen this in WOW.. it's not a real issue.. as long as they acknowledge it and give the option to server migrate.

SwordofSodan
04.10.2012 , 06:01 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by theangryllama View Post
They did listen to their customers. Because building a pvp community is what made the pvp worth doing... honestly if it was just cross server from the get go with nothing but little tards who didn't have to worry about a reputation on their server the flaws in the pvp system would have overwhelmed the game and it would have flopped. Anonymity on top of anonymity breeds asswipes (see WoW pvp/dungeon finder).

As it is they are only introducing cross server for ranked WZ's because they have to for a ranking system to be worthwhile and I for one will be glad the non ranked ones will still be internal to keep that sense of community alive.

Also as I said in a thread about server transfers earlier..

Legacy.

Big selling point of this game. Creates major technical hurdles however for cross server and server transfers. Once thats implemented in the next week or 2 with 1.2 they can start working on overcoming those hurdles and get it all working correctly
Take your sense of community and stuff it up your ***!

Elmuerto
04.10.2012 , 06:43 AM | #14
Bioware,

Why, why, why would you not....

Pretty much relates to alot of things, Bioware's big Medal on their chest was the 8 Character storylines. Considering, and I quote them, SWTOR is viewed as a 10 year investment how did they not realise the storylines can be completed super quick.

That leaves only PvP, and man did they open alot of servers I think the fist time I logged on I had to queue but population went down real quick on alot of servers over the month.

I think they made a large mis-calculation on aspects of what keeps an MMO healthy these days, but they seem to be addressing them.

kenbenobi
04.10.2012 , 07:01 AM | #15
It is allways "fun" to start warzone with 5 people agains premade and play it till the end with 6 or 7 persons. No wonder warzones are dead.
"Ganta Solo chone Wuki." (Bring me Solo and the Wookiee!)