Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Latency Issues - Become Unplayable

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Latency Issues - Become Unplayable
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ramsden
04.10.2012 , 12:44 AM | #1
I've read about issues people are having with latency but none has matched mine. Over the past week I log in and sometimes for about 20 minutes I might hold 20 -80 ms with the odd occasional spike to 600 for a few seconds and then back down. But at some point it's as if it loses connection completely and increases by 1000ms a second, I've seen it reach 150k. It's the same on all servers for me and makes no difference what time of the day it is.

It's not Virgin Media as WoW works fine, BF3 works fine, Starcraft 2 works fine. Hell even MoP beta runs as good as it can do with the obvious 2 second lag there's going to be in it. I was talking to a technician using the My Virgin Media's on-line chat and spent 3 hours working with one guy trying to see what the issue was and they were not able to fix it or find why it was like that.

Come 1.2 if these issues aren't resolved I'm going to have to cancel my sub, I don't want to pay for a game that I can't play, especially issues in which bio an isp's are going to stand there blaming each other as oppose to coming to a resolution and fix like Blizzard did with Virgin Media after so long.

I really don't wanna go back to WoW but hell at least it works.

Saelos
04.10.2012 , 04:46 AM | #2
Im having the same problem myself.

Cerimon
04.10.2012 , 04:57 AM | #3 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings Ramsden,

I realize it may be difficult to capture a traceroute if your lag is spiking for a short time but please try following the steps I have provided in the following post:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=398250

You can post your results here or in that thread.

Thank You for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support