Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Long wait times + huge lag

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Saelos
04.10.2012 , 12:04 AM | #1
I am playing on a brand new ASUS gaming machine and it has run SWTOR fine on my internet connection until now. I recently had to reinstall star wars and now I have huge lag, long wait times and WZ's (which is why I play) are unplayable because of the lag and players are often invisible. I noticed once the CD had loaded the game and the internet was downloading the updates it only did the English and Main assetts - is their something else missing? Either way its fix or unsubscribe unfortunately.

Please help.

Saelos
04.10.2012 , 04:48 AM | #2
I have updated my drivers and reloaded the game. My latency is about 200ms but WZs are unplayable because the enemy players are often invisible taking a long time to 'appear' and I cant target them.

Is anyone going to actually help with this problem as this is the third post I have seen in regards to this tonight.

Cerimon
04.10.2012 , 04:53 AM | #3 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Saelos,

Firstly let me ask that you connect your machine directly with a cable rather than via Wi-Fi if possible.

We do have a connectivity troubleshooting page here:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=1476
It may be helpful to some users to go through that and perform any of the relevant steps.

To try to identify connectivity problems can I ask you to post your traceroute results here.
To do this please go through the following steps while experiencing lag:

1. When logged into SWTOR, press Alt+Tab together

2. Gather the IP information:
Spoiler

3. In order to get the information from your connection, in the same command window, please type in:
Spoiler

4. Please modify your tracert.txt file so that your IP address (entry number 1 in the list of IP addresses) is not visible and attach the tracert.txt to your reply for analysis

Please note we are unable to support users with 3G internet connections or over-clocked systems.

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Saelos
04.10.2012 , 05:08 AM | #4
These instructions are not very clear.

When I type in: netstat -n -p tcp -b | more

I don't get anything. When I type it in without the -b | more I do get some ports but the numbers do not match what you show. But its so confusing I don't really know what I am supposed to be doing?

Saelos
04.10.2012 , 05:11 AM | #5
It keeps saying it requires elevation

kantnerfme
04.10.2012 , 05:19 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Greetings Saelos,

Firstly let me ask that you connect your machine directly with a cable rather than via Wi-Fi if possible.

We do have a connectivity troubleshooting page here:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=1476
It may be helpful to some users to go through that and perform any of the relevant steps.

To try to identify connectivity problems can I ask you to post your traceroute results here.
To do this please go through the following steps while experiencing lag:

1. When logged into SWTOR, press Alt+Tab together

2. Gather the IP information:
Spoiler

3. In order to get the information from your connection, in the same command window, please type in:
Spoiler

4. Please modify your tracert.txt file so that your IP address (entry number 1 in the list of IP addresses) is not visible and attach the tracert.txt to your reply for analysis

Please note we are unable to support users with 3G internet connections or over-clocked systems.
too complicated imho

i've opened the cmd tool
pressed the netstat -n -p tcp -b

then i used the foreign ip as in the example YY.YYY.YYY.YY
still there is no tracer.txt in my harddrive.

i'm not having large issues with those spikes come and go sometimes but right now the server i'm in it's empty, so i'm not sure if that will be a main problem once the servers will be merged.

Saelos
04.10.2012 , 05:38 AM | #7
The command doesn't work!!!!!!!!! So frustrating. This game worked before with the same computer AND connection. I am using broadband. I don't get why it's now a problem!

Cerimon
04.10.2012 , 06:22 AM | #8 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Saelos and kantnerfme,

Saelos: Press the Windows Key + R.
Type cmd and then hold Ctrl+Shift and press enter.
This will run the cmd command in administrator mode and should allow you to continue with the instructions.

kantnerfme: can you please post the exact tracert command you are using.

Thank You for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Mestolph
04.10.2012 , 07:17 AM | #9
Not trying to rock the boat… but why did you reinstall? Or is it a new machine / os?
Did you rebuild your machine / new OS? Or did you buy a new machine with stuff preinstalled?

Reason I ask. Iv seen this sort of thing happen before with other games… and 95% of the time it’s a anti-virus checker that is trying to inspect the game’s files as they are accessed by the game client. ..
You can check this by adding the TOR Directory to the anti-virus exclusion directory. ( Or.. and I don’t recommend doing this for any length of time, disable the AntiVirus and run the game to see if it sorts it out )
Hope that helps…

Trimag
04.10.2012 , 09:05 AM | #10
Still getting the 9000 error. This started Saturday. Running an E4200 Cisco router with a GB line. No issues with connections since game launch withteh exception of Illum back in February. I have my son who plays it via Wifi, and gets a 300mb connection wiht no issues. My desktop is connected via ethernet. Both of us have had the same issues starting Saturday. Tried all the usual troubleshooting methods, but no joy. We are able to play about 20 minutes, then 9000 error kicks in. We close down game, re launch, and 15-20 minutes later, same issue. Have not had this issue since Beta.

We even tried direct cabling for my son's laptop, and still the same problem. Several members of my guild have reported they have had similiar issues, and they use various ISPs, and are lcoated all across the U.S. This started for some of them Thursday, and the rest Saturday. Even tried switching servers to see if that would help. And no joy as well.

This really needs to be addressed. Whatever happened that is causing this issue must have happened when the last patch was pushed out. The guild is of the opinion if this can not be rectified by the time 1.2 comes out, we will all close our subs until we find that the issue has been resolved.

Seeing as how a significant number of folks have taken the time to post in the forums concerning this issue, it is more widespread, than you might believe. Generally only 10-15% of the gaming community ever posts on forums, while the rest just lurk. If youa re one of the lurkers reading this, please post. Unless BW has a good handle on the number of folks having this issue, it won't be logged as a major issue.