Just wondering

ross_deutsch

The story generally moves in the same direction no matter what alignment you are. There are subtle differences depending on your choices. for example if your light side choice was to help a certain person you would have to defeat said enemy . But if you chose your dark side option you would kill that person instead. The story would change slightly but in general move along no matter what. The biggest difference would be your final light-side dark side option at the end of your journey when your around 47-50. The ending can vary a ton more at this point.

It really depends on the class itself. The most common thing is that the "ending" is determined by a single choice near the end of your class story. Keep in mind when I say "ending" I mean variants on the final class events that will likely be referenced in any future class expansions. For the most part the different endings are the same with some minor differences.

Below is what I can recall for specific classes(put in a spoiler block to be safe but I have tried to keep any spoilers to a minimum):

JK- Two ending variants, determined either by alignment or by class LS/DS choices on the final planet(not sure which)

SW- No real ending variants

JC- Two ending variants, determined either by the final class LS/DS choice or by alignment(not sure which)

SI- One could make the argument that there are 9 variants, although that is giving it too much credit. Basically there are two aspects of the ending that each have three possible outcomes. The first is determined by your alignment(LS, DS, or Grey) and the second is determined by a choice you are given, although one of the three outcomes from the choice is locked solely to LS SIs.

RT- Two ending variants, determined by a choice in the final class story wrap up

BH- Two ending variants, determined by a choice in the final class story wrap up

SM- Three(i think) ending variants, determined by a choice in the final class story wrap up

IA- This is the most complicated ending situation. Depedning on how you count them, I think there can be up to six versions of the ending. None of them are alignment locked, but there is one variant which requires you to make a LS decision in Chapter 2.

Since you probably don't want to read that spoiler box (I know I didn't) I'll give you the vague answer.

Imperial Agent: the ending of your story is definitely different if you go LS vs. DS, though of course with no ramifications to your character/titles/etc. Of course when they add new story, a LS agent and a DS agent could legitimately go very different paths.

I've heard something similar for the Bounty Hunter.

Trooper: Not a damn difference, as I recall.

Since you probably don't want to read that spoiler box (I know I didn't) I'll give you the vague answer.

Imperial Agent: the ending of your story is definitely different if you go LS vs. DS, though of course with no ramifications to your character/titles/etc. Of course when they add new story, a LS agent and a DS agent could legitimately go very different paths.

I've heard something similar for the Bounty Hunter.

Trooper: Not a damn difference, as I recall.

IA endings are not determined by your LS/DS. There is one ending variant which requires a specific LS choice to have been made earlier in the storyline, but you can still get it even if you are Dark V when you go to the ending sequence if you make the corresponding choice.

Edited by Ranadiel_Marius

So far, the IA is the best story I've played. It's got more twists and turns than a drunk snake! James Bond? Check. Jason Bourne? Check. Jack Bauer? Check. Jim Phelps? Check. All those characters contribute to the Imperial Agent in one way or another. And before the "movie" M:I fans come in, I am referring to Jim Phelps in the old TV series. The one that would never have done what the Jim Phelps in the movie did.

Side fact: Peter Graves was Cruise's first choice to play Phelps in the movie, but he declined. He refused to play Jim Phelps as a villain.

They are all similar but some have slight differences in the endings. Though it isn't based on whether you are darkside or lightside necessarily, well except one of the classes, you are given a name based on alignment, but most of them, the endings are determined by the specific choices you make on the last few storyline quests.

SW don't really have a variant, just a matter of whether we let Darth Baras live or not.

Edited by CJ_SAX_MAN