Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cannot get past character login after creating one and logging back in.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Cannot get past character login after creating one and logging back in.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

04.07.2012 , 06:54 PM | #1

I have an issue where I can create a character, and play the game for as long as I can. But when I log out and log back in, the game locks up after I select a character and login. I'm stuck looking at the "story text" and I am told that the game is not responding.

Even though I know it isn't a video driver issue I went a head and reinstalled it.

I've reinstalled the game.

I've made sure I have had no applications running in the background.

I've run the application as an Administrator.

I open a ticket and I'm told that I need to provide EXACT information about where my characters are and what their names are when it doesn't matter since it affects any character I make on ANY server. They even close my ticket so I have to create a new one. Which is poor customer service.

Is this a patch issue??

The machine I use is above the hardware minimum.

Can anyone out there offer any advice on what the problem is and how to resolve it? It's clear I will not get any help from the powers that be since they go out of their way to not help their customer.

04.09.2012 , 09:30 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  

Sorry for the delayed reply. Have you installed the latest Windows Updates, especially the optional ones "Microsoft Visual C++" and "Microsoft .NET Framework"? To run properly the game needs these software components.

Besides, I would ask for your DXDiag Report. To get it, follow these instructions:
  1. Press the [Windows] Key + [R] at the same time. (The [Windows] key is the key with the Windows icon on it)
  2. Type in ‘DxDiag’ and press ‘OK’.
  3. This will open the DirectX Diagnostic Tool box.
  4. At the bottom of the box is a ‘Save All information’ button. Press it.
  5. This will open a ‘Save As’ box. Please ensure the text file is named ‘DxDiag’.
  6. Save this to your desktop.
  7. Open the saved file, hit Ctrl+A (select all), and then Ctrl+C (copy).
  8. Paste that information at the bottom of your post. Please use code or spoiler tags. If you don’t use these then your DXDiag will fill up the page making it hard to navigate your thread.
Thank you.
Gatzoh | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

04.09.2012 , 04:19 PM | #3
Visual C++ and .NET are up to date. They were updated on the 2nd and 13th of last month, March. As per your request I have pasted the information you asked for.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can send your way.

Added [spoiler][/spoiler] tags - CS forum team

04.09.2012 , 05:11 PM | #4 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hello KillerElitez,

we would like to ask you for the specifications of your notebook. According to the dxdiag there is the onboard Intel HD graphics active but we think you should either have an ATI or Nvidia 3D graphic chipset.

We would recommend that you refer to your users manual to inform yourself how you can activate the 3d chip for a better game performance. This may also solve the issue with the loading screen. Somehow it looks like the graphic is switching back to the onboard chip because of power saving reasons.

If you have any questions, or require any further assistance with this or any other issue, please don’t hesitate to contact us again.

Thank you.

Conveeyor | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support