Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Just solo world boss Tatooine.

Lord_Karsk
04.09.2012 , 06:34 AM | #1
Got 3 purple drops. Tried the same thing now on Coruscant but he wiped my lvl 50 in seconds. So i dont know if we should be able to solo the one on tatooine.Dont think it's a good thing players can do this and farm him to sell loot.Maybe this need to be changed bioware ?

Kiswa
04.09.2012 , 06:38 AM | #2
Are you responding to another thread or something?

Sykomyke
04.09.2012 , 06:59 AM | #3
Thread about level 50's doing sub-par content that it intended for groups? I don't even...

In every MMO, you have level content. If you choose to go back and do non-level content; that's your choice.

Next thing you know, you'll be asking for BioWare to remove the ability to make gear for their alts.
"I find your lack of faith disturbing."
Sith Empire

Master-Nala
04.09.2012 , 07:00 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Karsk View Post
Dont think it's a good thing players can do this and farm him to sell loot.Maybe this need to be changed bioware ?
I think it's an excellent thing and I'm exceedingly pleased that Bioware didn't import the standard MMO rule of grey mobs not dropping items. This still gives you a reason to try the world bosses even if you've done them before. Having items to twink or sell is wonderful.

oldshatterhand
04.09.2012 , 07:23 AM | #5
The drops are BOP so you can't sell them and they are completely useless at level 50.

Tadshackles
04.09.2012 , 07:26 AM | #6
I got a barrel, a gun and pants that were all purple and BOE last night so...
"The problem with internet quotes is that many are not genuine"
~Abraham Lincoln

Yeke
04.09.2012 , 07:47 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Nala View Post
I think it's an excellent thing and I'm exceedingly pleased that Bioware didn't import the standard MMO rule of grey mobs not dropping items. This still gives you a reason to try the world bosses even if you've done them before. Having items to twink or sell is wonderful.
Not quite as excellent for people of the appropriate level range that can't do the world bosses because they are on farm by level 50's.

Not that I mind either way as it doesn't really concern me but its the reason most MMO's make grey mobs drop nothing.

SNOperaghost
04.09.2012 , 09:11 AM | #8
I was able to solo the tatooine world boss on Lord Adraas. Not sure if I was the first, problably not. The coruscant one has an auto 1 kill to prevent that. WHich is fine, I guess.

I didn't solo kill the world boss because I wanted to the loot to sell. Mostly I was curious to see if I could do it. It is something, I recommend for the fun of it. But I would never ask them to make the world boss drops boe just to allow me to sell what I get off of them. There are other mobs for that, if you hunt them down and find em. (I know of 3 personally, and am not sharing my farms with the world at large yet. Maybe in a year or so.)

Master-Nala
04.09.2012 , 09:47 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Yeke View Post
Not quite as excellent for people of the appropriate level range that can't do the world bosses because they are on farm by level 50's.

Not that I mind either way as it doesn't really concern me but its the reason most MMO's make grey mobs drop nothing.
That's the stated reason, but it doesn't work out that way. What actually happens is that lowbies just don't get to do the World Bosses at all because there are not enough people at the level range who want to do them. High level folks don't want to do them because they get no rewards at all and their participation removes the drops.

On Sunday, I was playing in Alderaan, when so high levels who wanted to do the Siegebreaker for whatever reason sent a call out for folks. About 8+ people in the appropriate range showed up, the boss went down and some folks got pieces they could actually use.

I know perfectly well why other MMOs created this rule, but the laws of unintended consequences, meant that instead of lowbies getting pushed out by high levels, NO ONE was able to do the content.

Geawiel
04.09.2012 , 10:03 AM | #10
I'm glad that greys drop items also. DAoC was like that and it made it so that you could go back and pick up trophies from mobs I missed on the way through.

I think most games should be like that though. As others have said, you usually can't drum up enough interest to take it down when its level appropriate. It also brings in 50's that want to do them either for the stuff, or just out of boredom (which I do at times on any mmo I'm on.) It's definatly not required but, I usually send out a zone all and say I'm going to take it down if anyone wants to join. I usually do the same if I feel like farming a zone group content or low level dungeon. Just as long as I state before hand that I want the crafting materials or whatever else I may be after.

Where I can see this being relevant in TOR is if crafting patterns are dropped by the world bosses in 1.2. I thought I read that they do but, I don't feel like going through the posts to see if they do.
Rest is good for the blood....and your rest shall be eternal!