Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Synthweaving Craftable (Imperial and Republic) Orange Armor Sets Master List

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Synthweaving Craftable (Imperial and Republic) Orange Armor Sets Master List

Lyshar
04.08.2012 , 07:40 AM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by Emdix View Post
So what about rare sets like Jedi Battlelord's, its goin to be worthless without augment slot, whats the idea, juts dont get it.
Reverse engineering may give a chance to learn the schematic. At least it's said to be possible for some oranges in 1.2 (not before it). So with some luck you can, but it's not guaranteed.

abercromb
04.09.2012 , 06:37 AM | #122
Hi all. In my hunt to get all the orange Imperial synthweaving schematics I have not got to the point that I only need a small amount before having all the ones the list. So if you have any of the following please contact me in game, happy to pay 10'000 for each one. Characters name is Mordeep, server is Frostclaw.

Still needed

Light
47 - Traditional Brocart Headgear(?)
47 - Traditional Brocart Vestments
35 - Annointed Demicot Headgear(?)
23 - Traditional Nylite Vestments (?)
15 - Inquisitor's Vestments

Medium
43 - Marauder Elite Leggings (?)
31 - Ablative Plasteel Headgear

Heavy
43 - Warlord Elite Greaves
27 - Warrior's Pulsing Headgear
23 - Reinforced Battle Chestguard

Thanks to everyone who has made this thread possible. You have saved me a lot of time.

abercromb
04.09.2012 , 06:59 AM | #123
Hoping you guys can also help out with a rare set that I have heard is out there. In advance I don't have a huge amount of details on what it is called.But someone on my server (Frostclaw) has been advertising for items from this set and appears to have 2 of the 3 parts already.

The set is a random drop on Hoth. Level 36 light Orange armour. Not even sure if it is even a schematic but would be interested to find out more about it in case I can engineer schematics later on if it is not.

narkedoff
04.10.2012 , 01:52 PM | #124
bump.....

Maestrodomus
04.10.2012 , 02:05 PM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by abercromb View Post
Hoping you guys can also help out with a rare set that I have heard is out there. In advance I don't have a huge amount of details on what it is called.But someone on my server (Frostclaw) has been advertising for items from this set and appears to have 2 of the 3 parts already.

The set is a random drop on Hoth. Level 36 light Orange armour. Not even sure if it is even a schematic but would be interested to find out more about it in case I can engineer schematics later on if it is not.
The level 36 Light World Orange Drop is Supreme Inquisitor. It's the most desirable light set because it's the only one with a classic look that has pants with chest robe over it. I have a full set for my sin. The next set up is the Grand Inquisitor which also has some interest.

It's not available via schematic. I have to full sets of it waiting in my bay for when they allow RE'ing of world drops.
Dark Fury [Canderous Ordo]

Frog_brains
04.10.2012 , 02:39 PM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by Lyshar View Post
Reverse engineering may give a chance to learn the schematic. At least it's said to be possible for some oranges in 1.2 (not before it). So with some luck you can, but it's not guaranteed.
only orange items you can RE at the moment are weapons, to learn the schem and then Craft for an augment slot.

On a side note are there orange weapons to complement the look of the armours?

RyougaAyanami
04.10.2012 , 04:19 PM | #127
I recently finished my collection of Imperial-side orange Armormech schematics.

Gallery here.

Jadarra, if you're planning to update this thread with Armormech oranges (or start a new thread for it), please feel free to use any of the images. : )

SoyChulo
04.10.2012 , 04:21 PM | #128
Anyone seen any of the new schematics that will come with the patch?

Muaddid
04.10.2012 , 06:43 PM | #129
tagged ! great job !

Jadarra
04.11.2012 , 07:45 AM | #130
Updated with latest screenshots from RyougaAyanami, thanks so much! Also provided link to the awesome gallery.

It seems no one has done this yet for Armormech, so I might end up doing it this weekend, if I can find the time and bribe an Armormech for assistance .

As for the discussion of RE'ing orange gear for schematics, I have not seen anything specifically stating that is possible.

I have seen in the patch notes where NEW TIER 2 drops can be RE'd, here....
Quote:
Players may now reverse engineer many endgame items to research schematics for items and mods. Tier 2 (new) endgame items can be reverse engineered, and players have a chance to learn how to craft these items up on reverse engineering them. Set Armorings do not provide schematics for crafters.
It does not specify orange gear, and it states Tier 2 (new) endgame items are the items in question.

There is also this tidbit from the Q&A a week or so ago.
Quote:
CamoCladn: If I reverse engineer orange items, will I be able to obtain the schematics for them in Game Update 1.2? It would be great if I can get schematics to attempt to get augment slots as this would grant the ability to look just like I want.

Patrick Malott (Systems Designer): While in reverse engineering mode, items that can provide research variations will display a ‘Chance to Research a Schematic: x%’ tooltip. Otherwise, the tooltip will read “No Research Available.” Reverse Engineering to get Armormech Schematics pertains to the new endgame tier of Operation items and PvP Battlemaster/War Hero items.
I did find this in the Q&A as well
Quote:
Arnathis: Can we please get an in-depth explanation of how gearing is going to work in Game Update 1.2? I understand that you can reverse engineer the gear and possibly learn the schematic but is that for everyone or just the people with the appropriate Crew Skills? Will this apply to the tier sets as well?

Georg Zoeller (Lead Combat Designer): This is a very broad question, but I’ll try to answer as comprehensively as possible, as the system is rather complex.

First off, in an ‘under the hood’ change to the game, end game items have more stat variety, allowing for significantly improved item customization for players that like to fine tune their stats.

The most important change for gear in Game Update 1.2 is that all previously modifiable purple gear has all their mods exposed, including the so called ‘base mod’ (Armoring, hilt, barrel). These can be freely moved into any empty (orange) appearance shell, giving you a lot more choices in your character’s appearance.

New end game gear (e.g. “Campaign Gear”) introduced with the Game Update has the added benefit that it keeps information about its set bonus on the armoring – but comes with the limitation that the extracted armoring can only be moved into an item of the same slot type (chest to chest, boot to boot, etc.). The reason for this ‘Bind to Slot’ behavior on armoring is that we do not want players to farm the initial boss of an Operation as the easiest way to obtain a full set of end game mods.

This means you can now take any custom (orange) appearance and imbue it with all the benefits of your end game set. As an added progression option, you can also acquire a critical crafted orange item with additional augment slots for even better stats.

Reverse Engineering has also received considerable improvements with Game Update 1.2.

For one, when attempting to reverse engineer an item (for which you indeed need the appropriate profession) you will now be able to see in the item tooltip what your chance to successfully reverse engineer a new schematic is (or if such a chance exists at all).

Many of the new end game items (and end game items going forward) can be reverse engineered to learn schematics based on the original item:

Reverse engineering an item with mods leads to empty orange equivalents of the end game items. This can be done after the mods are extracted and used in a different item!
The item you learn to create is commonly Bind on Equip, as we want to encourage a more lively market on the Galactic Trade Network.
Many different mods can now be reverse engineered which will grant you a schematic to craft that mod. (This is not possible on armoring that carry a set bonus.)
Reverse engineering non-modded items usually leads to a schematic for an equivalent item.
Reverse engineering an end game item also provides materials needed to craft these items. Operations materials are also Bind on Equip now, creating a more diverse market.
A crafting critical on these schematics will usually lead to an augment slot. For item mods, it results in an extra item.

Effectively, this means you can sell nearly full end game items (including augment slots on a critical success) one component at a time. However, doing so requires a significant upfront investment, it’s certainly not easy. This also means every profession now benefits from Reverse Engineering and can trade items.

Armormech produces certain Augments, Augmented Tech Armor
Armstech produces certain Augments, Augmented Weapons
Artifice produces Color Crystals, Enhancements, Augmented Shields and Relics
Biochem produces Augmented Implants
Cybertech produces Mods and Augmented Earpieces
Synthweaving produces certain Augments, Augmented Force Armor

Augment schematics (green) are found via Slicing missions and blue and purple variants of these augments can be researched via reverse engineering by the appropriate crafters. It is not possible to reverse engineer legacy augments obtained from slicing before the game update arrives, however. These are technically different items.

Because we do not want players to gamble with reverse engineering custom appearances (orange items) which are often unique quest rewards, the schematics for these items are obtained via mission discoveries for various gathering skills and are set to Bind on Equip to encourage active trading.

Finally, a word on augment slots: with Game Update 1.2, crafters are the only source of augment slots in the game, significantly elevating their ability to contribute highly desirable items into the more open trade economy while enabling players to engage in end game using an appearance of their choice.

We have also heard at the Guild Summit and through community feedback on the Forums that many players have built up a significant stack of custom appearances for future use in their cargo holds and would really like to upgrade these with an augment slot to make them fully competitive as end game gear. We absolutely support this and will be introducing the ability to do so in a future Game Update.
My favorite part is the third paragraph from the bottom....
Quote:
Because we do not want players to gamble with reverse engineering custom appearances (orange items) which are often unique quest rewards, the schematics for these items are obtained via mission discoveries for various gathering skills and are set to Bind on Equip to encourage active trading.
If someone else has other information regarding the ability to Reverse Engineer Orange Items for schematics, please post the source here.
Karys
Sanctum of the Exalted - Crimson Nova Recruiting Officer

www.crimsonnova.net