Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Operative or Assassin?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Operative or Assassin?

VonFinklestein
04.08.2012 , 04:30 PM | #11
Two individuals claim to be men.

Both prove they are not above bickering like high school girls.

---

Operative is getting a heals boost, and I know assassins are one of the best PvP classes if you Hybrid them.

Operatives can also cloak their entire group. It's neat.

Haters gunna' hate

crazyblackguy
04.08.2012 , 07:26 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by VonFinklestein View Post
Two individuals claim to be men.

Both prove they are not above bickering like high school girls.

---

Operative is getting a heals boost, and I know assassins are one of the best PvP classes if you Hybrid them.

Operatives can also cloak their entire group. It's neat.
so if you have a choose between choosing something that is" garbage" without leveling that said class and a class that has alot going for it why is it even a debate?

not to mention this guy makes countless threads and keeps getting the same feedback in each

killercat
04.09.2012 , 10:55 AM | #13
I am an operative, I fear no assassin. Assassins fear me.
Kitty......................... / )\._.,--....,'``.
Space Slug............... /; _.. \ _\ (`._ ,.
Operative................. `----(,_..'--(,_..'`-.;.'

Rafkin
04.09.2012 , 11:09 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by CrunkShizzle View Post
so besides the fact that concealment is garbage outside of there burst,which i already knew.theres more "problems" then that?
The biggest drawback for me was ops don't get a gap closer. So all those knock backs bosses do take you out of the fight longer than the assassin.

And for pvp assassins get many good skills whereas the op doesn't get any really.

chumppi
04.09.2012 , 12:12 PM | #15
Assassin.
- Never argue with an idiot
they'll drag you down to their level
and beat you with experience

CrunkShizzle
04.09.2012 , 12:14 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafkin View Post
The biggest drawback for me was ops don't get a gap closer. So all those knock backs bosses do take you out of the fight longer than the assassin.

And for pvp assassins get many good skills whereas the op doesn't get any really.
ya the gap closer was one of the things i didnt like seeing about operatives.but i dont know

ive looked at operatives,scoundrels and assassins and i kinda like the sound of scoundrels the best.so i might end up just rollin a scoundrel scrapper instead

Achromatis
04.09.2012 , 12:33 PM | #17
The problem with Operatives/Scoundrels is that people keep comparing them to Rogues, and expect them to be Rogues, when theyre not.

Theyre kind of somewhat like a Rogue, except theyre not brokenly overpowered killing machines who go around 1-shotting every other class in PvP whilst having 1000 ways to escape/survive.

If youre looking for a stealther with lots of abusive WZ tricks, play an Assassin. Their "Dash" alone is generally what wins or loses games right now.

Edit: Though personally I love my Operative, Im not blind to the utility were lacking in the game as a whole. Definitely need a gap closer, even if its another 1min CD.
Not Meant to Be a Factual Statement

The plural of anecdote is not data

MrBimo
04.09.2012 , 01:55 PM | #18
Operatives are great, if you want to get someone down in pvp in 4 seconds go for operative, if you want to constantly get inv to raids and such play operative, but then again you goto know and love the class to be skilled at it
To be a Hero, you must be willing to Die for what You Believe in.
Operative, 55: Lóne Shadow, 55: Línk
Marauder, 55: Neutrolius Commando, 41: Gríffon

LordbishopX
04.09.2012 , 02:19 PM | #19
In pVP OPS vs SIN both take skill SINs have less burst more utility OPS can burst kill quickly not as insane before the surge nerf but both are fun. The SIN can be a tank the ops can be Heals comes down to what play style do you enjoy? I play both and think they are both great and fun.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀}╠╬[<BishopX>]╬╣{▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Primal
04.09.2012 , 02:20 PM | #20
As having played both and dabbled both in PVP as well, I prefer my Concealment Operative. I love my Assassin, but it's just too powerful imho. The Operative has a more vulnerable feel to it that keeps me on my toes while playing.

Honestly, give both a try. It takes very little time to get each to 25 and see what they are about. I think you will like each one with different reasons for each.