Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Operative or Assassin?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Operative or Assassin?

djhoerauf's Avatar


djhoerauf
04.07.2012 , 07:13 PM | #1
so i have an almost 50 bh, was looking for my second class. I hear operative has a good story line.

can i get pros and cons for operative and assassin?

i think sabers would be cool but heals of operative seem very useful

I am mostly solo pve but enjoy some pvp to.

thank you for reading and constructive responses

stephenjohnp's Avatar


stephenjohnp
04.07.2012 , 07:26 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by djhoerauf View Post
so i have an almost 50 bh, was looking for my second class. I hear operative has a good story line.

can i get pros and cons for operative and assassin?

i think sabers would be cool but heals of operative seem very useful

I am mostly solo pve but enjoy some pvp to.

thank you for reading and constructive responses
If you plan to heal, Operative, anything else, Assassin.

That's what it basically comes down to. This is the unfortunate state of the Operative. Though, if you don't mind not doing well, Operatives can still be a fun class.

djhoerauf's Avatar


djhoerauf
04.07.2012 , 08:02 PM | #3
i want to sneak....

Is assassin tougher?

do they have a companion that heals?

stephenjohnp's Avatar


stephenjohnp
04.07.2012 , 08:28 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by djhoerauf View Post
i want to sneak....

Is assassin tougher?

do they have a companion that heals?
Assassin is less squishy yes. All character have a companion healer. I believe Assassin's get theirs in Hoth, so around level 40-45 and Operatives get theirs in Taris, so 33-38.

CrunkShizzle's Avatar


CrunkShizzle
04.07.2012 , 09:12 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by stephenjohnp View Post
If you plan to heal, Operative, anything else, Assassin.

That's what it basically comes down to. This is the unfortunate state of the Operative. Though, if you don't mind not doing well, Operatives can still be a fun class.
so if i dont care about healing or tanking,deception assassin would be better then operative?

i figured if you wanted rogue like play you went operative.but i dont know,from watchin some deception assassin videos they looked pretty much the same as operatives only you dont use a knife you use a lightsaber and your not using a gun and shooting them to get your resources up or whatever

squishylol's Avatar


squishylol
04.08.2012 , 12:06 AM | #6
go sin if you want to play like a rogue, op dps have a whole host of problems that i dont need to bring up here

mrgameboy's Avatar


mrgameboy
04.08.2012 , 06:41 AM | #7
I am an Operative as well as an Assassin and i can tell you that they are both great. The operative is a healer which i am very fond of, and the assassin is a damage. But that doesn't matter, they way i decide specs in star wars i say to myself,"You are only limited by your imagination"(my quote). That means that go with you heart, which do you think you would have more fun with, and don't just pick one because everyone else is. That is when people regret their decisions,when its not them making the choice. Go with what you will enjoy more........"You are only Limited by your imagination"

CrunkShizzle's Avatar


CrunkShizzle
04.08.2012 , 12:32 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by squishylol View Post
go sin if you want to play like a rogue, op dps have a whole host of problems that i dont need to bring up here
so besides the fact that concealment is garbage outside of there burst,which i already knew.theres more "problems" then that?

CrunkShizzle's Avatar


CrunkShizzle
04.08.2012 , 03:16 PM | #9
ok well serious question then

how are concealment operatives outside of there burst.like am i pretty much only gonna kill people when im bursting them or do they not have as bad sustained damage as ive heard

crazyblackguy's Avatar


crazyblackguy
04.08.2012 , 03:34 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by CrunkShizzle View Post
so besides the fact that concealment is garbage outside of there burst,which i already knew.theres more "problems" then that?
You just answred your own question lmao

No matter what you roll it comes down to how much effort you put into it. Oh and SKILL will overcome any nerf but there's no hope for you in your case