Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Foreman Crusher normal 16

jazzllanna
04.06.2012 , 09:07 AM | #1
Does he hit significantly harder in 16 man than 8 man? We were attempting this last night and our tank with all the cds and decent gear was getting slaughtered. I cannot find anything just with google- but is there something different in 16 man that I may not be aware of for this fight?
Wichita Gunslinger
The Harbinger
Spoiler

Taleek
04.06.2012 , 09:12 AM | #2
I personally do not know as my server hardly has enough people on it to think about running a 16 man lol. However, he does have a "frenzy" phase where he smacks the living hell out of whoever he has aggro on. I assume you are already aware of this, but it never hurts to make sure . However, bosses are supposed to hit harder in 16 mans from what I understand simply because you have more people.
*insert witty retort that will become someone's signature*- Kitty Prawn
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=347245
.- Never forget.
"DPS is science, healing is art, tanking is strategy."

jazzllanna
04.06.2012 , 09:21 AM | #3
Yeah we were aware of the frenzy ty though

I know it's possible to kill him as I can find kill videos but I cannot find anything saying what is harder than the 8 man. I killed him on 8 and don't remember there being any issues lol so I was not sure if 16 man had something weird to it.
Wichita Gunslinger
The Harbinger
Spoiler

Inzi
04.06.2012 , 10:20 AM | #4
16 man hits significantly harder than 8, yes. It's a pain in the rear to heal. Our healing assignments are usually:

2 on tank full time, 1 on raid almost full time, 1 on raid except during frenzy they switch to tank healing.

As the "swing" healer... I usually have to stay on the tank 70% of the time to give you an idea of how much healing our tank actually receives.

Make sure your tank isn't wasting cooldowns on non-frenzy otherwise frenzy will eat him alive. You healers just have to heal it :\

Edit: These are the healing assignments for 16 nightmare, sorry I misread I think. However, it should still work for normal
A home for busy adults seeking high level PvE in a respectful, mature atmosphere.
Ferne R'y | Sage

Slugamaniac
04.06.2012 , 10:30 AM | #5
Also, make sure your tanks are communicating when/what cooldown's they will be blowing during his frenzy. Assign shields to the tank as well and who will be throwing them during each frenzy. This fight is mostly on the tanks/healers as the dps just need to make sure they position themselves in the right spots and move out of the bad stuff quickly. Oddly enough, only Foreman HM and Soa HM (16 man) give our guild runs any trouble anymore (and perhaps Annihilator droid to a lesser degree).
The Last Centurions - The Madhi Legacy - The Harbinger
Slugfest Slugtrooper Slugconsular Slackfest Slugshadow Slugfeast
Slugagent Slugwarrior Slughunter Slugsorcerer Slugassassin Slackmeister

Lynkilen
04.07.2012 , 01:24 PM | #6
Another trick that might help slightly is to have a OT, throw guard on the MT just as he frenzies just make sure to remove it after or threat will be an issue again.