Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Revan's fate after the Foundry encounter

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
Revan's fate after the Foundry encounter

Deviss
03.03.2012 , 08:52 AM | #91
As for the jedi knight storyline, Revan would fit in it very well but it would cause many controversy. Why? People could get mad that BioWare is favouring JK class over other classes. I personally believe that if BioWare ever decided to release KotOR 3 instead of SW:TOR, JK storyline would actually be the KotOR 3's storyline (of course partly, probably many things would have changed). It is even possible that orignally BioWare was planning to create KotOR 3 but ultimately decided to create its first MMORPG. And they used KotOR 3 storyline for JK. I think that Drew Karpyshyn was the one working on JK class story.

Also, I don't get why people keep saying that Revan should return as a force ghost. To become a forst ghost you firstly need to die. And he is not dead, you never see him die. He just vanishes/disappears/teleports, interpret it as you want. BUT HE IS NOT DEAD. Just as he was about to die he shielded himself and was immune to all incoming attacks.
http://lorefreak.com
Only I have been both Fanboy and Hater and found clarity in the Force…
Interviews, debates, reviews, articles and more, all Star Wars related - embrace your inner nerd(i)ness!

RevMg
03.03.2012 , 09:25 AM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by Deviss View Post
As for the jedi knight storyline, Revan would fit in it very well but it would cause many controversy. Why? People could get mad that BioWare is favouring JK class over other classes. I personally believe that if BioWare ever decided to release KotOR 3 instead of SW:TOR, JK storyline would actually be the KotOR 3's storyline (of course partly, probably many things would have changed). It is even possible that orignally BioWare was planning to create KotOR 3 but ultimately decided to create its first MMORPG. And they used KotOR 3 storyline for JK. I think that Drew Karpyshyn was the one working on JK class story.

Also, I don't get why people keep saying that Revan should return as a force ghost. To become a forst ghost you firstly need to die. And he is not dead, you never see him die. He just vanishes/disappears/teleports, interpret it as you want. BUT HE IS NOT DEAD. Just as he was about to die he shielded himself and was immune to all incoming attacks.
KotOR3 was scrapped by LA probably after they made a deal with Bioware about TOR. At least according to the information i was able to reach. By KotOR3 i mean their(LA) internal KotOR3 preproduction team. (A prove of that KotOR3 was in pre-production are the concept arts avaiable to find on the net). There is no indication that Bio worked on any K3 story before that deal. It seems they agreeded upon MMO seeing WoW success, bc Bio refused to do K2 bc they wanted to work on their own ip. Obsidian on the other hand said they would like to do K3, but LA never answered them having MMO in the works. (Not to mention it wouldn't fit with the direction SW started heading at that time)

Also according to devs blog, Drew joined the writing of JK storyline near the end of the process. Also if you take a close look at Scourge dialogs you will see it was likely recorded before Revan novel was written, thus had to be written sooner than Revan novel was in writing. (And it probably wasn't that long seeing how rushed the novel feels).

Also the implication that KotOR3 would deal with the events 300 after the second game is quite unlikely. They pushed the timeline only to have a place to incorporate game of mmo scope. Then released medicore novel to fill the gap.

Also ppl prefer Revan as a Force Ghost, bc taking the lore into the account it would make more sense imo. The plot armour they created for Revan is really an example of bad writing. Their orginal intention was to let Revan die. They changed their mind only bc fanboys couldn't stand that some characters can die and should die.

urborror
03.03.2012 , 10:40 AM | #93
Revan "disappears," and so does Obi-wan--so he might as well be a force ghost.

Here's an idea: since Revan fell to the dark side again before you kill him, maybe his ghost actually tears in two, light/dark?

This would allow imperial players to consult with "dark side Revan" and light side players to talk to "light side Revan," while 1)sorta respecting your choices from KOTOR more, 2)making it seem like they planned it all along.

Obviously if Revan comes back like "whew! Sorta went dark side there, but those imperial players killing me cured it!", it'd be lame anyway.

Even the disappearing would make sense, since he's becoming a force ghost.

I don't know if it would work, but it's one idea.

Deviss
03.05.2012 , 05:18 AM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by RevMg View Post
KotOR3 was scrapped by LA probably after they made a deal with Bioware about TOR. At least according to the information i was able to reach. By KotOR3 i mean their(LA) internal KotOR3 preproduction team. (A prove of that KotOR3 was in pre-production are the concept arts avaiable to find on the net). There is no indication that Bio worked on any K3 story before that deal. It seems they agreeded upon MMO seeing WoW success, bc Bio refused to do K2 bc they wanted to work on their own ip. Obsidian on the other hand said they would like to do K3, but LA never answered them having MMO in the works. (Not to mention it wouldn't fit with the direction SW started heading at that time)

Also according to devs blog, Drew joined the writing of JK storyline near the end of the process. Also if you take a close look at Scourge dialogs you will see it was likely recorded before Revan novel was written, thus had to be written sooner than Revan novel was in writing. (And it probably wasn't that long seeing how rushed the novel feels).

Also the implication that KotOR3 would deal with the events 300 after the second game is quite unlikely. They pushed the timeline only to have a place to incorporate game of mmo scope. Then released medicore novel to fill the gap.
I guess that it makes sense. Thanks for clarifying.

Quote:
Also ppl prefer Revan as a Force Ghost, bc taking the lore into the account it would make more sense imo. The plot armour they created for Revan is really an example of bad writing. Their orginal intention was to let Revan die. They changed their mind only bc fanboys couldn't stand that some characters can die and should die.

Yeah, it is very likely that if it were not for fans, Revan would remain dead. I can understand that some people would like for Revan to just stay that way, but I am one of those fans that are just not happy with how the Foundry turned out in the end. And I believe there is a lot more of us, people that feel emotionally attached to their KotOR character - nothing to add here. I know that this game is not about Revan but he still is our beloved character. He deserves better ending. Better, more honorable death (Honor is a fool's prize! Glory is not for the dead! ^^).

Now as for the fic, I pretty much changed the whole thing (mostly chapters 5, 6 and 7). Head over to http://lorefreak.blogspot.com/p/reva...ry-part-1.html and tell me what you think despite whether you consider it crap or decent! ; )
Interviews, debates, reviews, articles and more, all Star Wars related - embrace your inner nerd(i)ness!

Deviss
03.05.2012 , 05:21 AM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by urborror View Post
Revan "disappears," and so does Obi-wan--so he might as well be a force ghost.
True but their disappearances were different. I find it very unlikely that we will see Revan in form of force ghost. Time will tell but I just have this feeling that we will see more of him IN PERSON for sure.

SwoopSwoop
03.12.2012 , 10:37 AM | #96
SPOILER*****

If Revan was indeed killed in the foundry, he reached a higher path kind of like obi-wan or Yoda as he energizes and disappears. If this is how the developers wanted to end his story it would definitely make for a tragedy-type ending. Only problem is many many people do not enjoy tragic ending to their beloved characters.

I personally hope to see more of Revan himself, or at least follow more stories of his teachings and history.
Swoop?

Vektarulz
03.27.2012 , 05:03 PM | #97
My main is theexile on sith side(i should realy put a '' -'' but meh and my jedi is Meetra-surik for some reason they wont make me change my name idk why I like to pretend My main sith who i did make look like a evil version of force ghost is some kind of clone or was ressurected to do evil its a fun way to play,however the revan fight in foundry was rather awkward for me :P I made these toons on day 1 so i dident even know the exile would bein this but that book did hint that revan could of lived forever
My level 50's
Ëxile,Jedi Sentinel
Cykah,Imperial Operative
Nightingale Mercenary

BuffMePlz
04.05.2012 , 10:49 AM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by Deviss View Post
http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/120575733-4.jpg

I have proof that he is alive!
Is that a sith armor set?

Captain_Zone
04.05.2012 , 12:23 PM | #99
And in the end, Revan regrows the rest of his beard and goes on to become a little known hard*** by the name of Kyle Katarn. >.>

<.<
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

AbsolutGrndZero
04.07.2012 , 05:01 AM | #100
Ok, so I have a question now.. just how canon is Revan's supposed death anyway?

Look at it this way...

Republc goes to Taral V and steals computer, then goes and RESCUES Revan from Malestrom.

Empire is attack a Republic Ship to steal it so they can sneak into the Foundry.

Now, the thing is... is it automatically canon that Revan was RESCUED? Because, Malgus says the Emperor let him go... now is Malgus not willing to admit he was rescued? Maybe, maybe not.

Point is though, with all of our decisions being a player choice, until an expansion comes out that solidifies one choice or the other, or some other way we know for sure... Revan being dead or alive after The Foundry is directly tied to whether or not it's canon.

Another example... Look at Hammer Station, Athiss, and Mandolorian Raiders... oh and Cadumimu too. Republic did it, EMpire did it... They both can't have done it because especially in Mandolorian Raiders you fight and kill the other faction's attempted boarding party.. soooo... which side is canon?

Even different flashpoints... In Black Talon was the Captain killed or let live? Was the General killed, or did you let him live? Which choices are canon? Neither of them, at least until for some reason they need to make a choice because for some reason they are not continuing our story but making an entirely new one.
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger
Racquel, Stancerry, Jennica, Porcelain