Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Server Pop and You. (Lets make it happen)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Server Pop and You. (Lets make it happen)

SpitFireKell
04.06.2012 , 05:25 PM | #1
Greetings fellow players and gamers,

As you all may know, the server populations have been down significantly from their previous numbers at the launch. BW has stated that mergers and transfers are coming soon, but most players would agree that BW's definition of soon and the playersí definition is probably not the same.

However, letís face it, we wanted a Star Wars MMO and BW and EA had the balls to attempt it, granted we may have done some things differently. Still, I think we should cut them a little slack, it's not like we're being ignored, itís just some understaffing issues (most likely).

So here is what I propose; let's take some control here. I am going to start with the PvP East servers and hopefully others will take the initiative and organize their own manual mergers.
There are 27 servers that fall into this category, including The Fatman. In order complete this merger there must be some compromises. Yes, it does suck, and yes you are going to have to reroll. But at least it's now and not after the next patch, truly, the sooner, the better. This will have a great impact on the overall quality of the game. So don't waste any more time and just reroll. Take your whole guild with you too. Maybe the free char transfer will be up soon and you will get your char back, or maybe you just reroll the same class and say, "eff it." W/e you choose, as long as you DO IT!

Hereís how itís going to work; I am going to list the servers that are low pop and request that players move to specified higher pop servers (this is so that the least number of people may have to reroll).

-Anchorhead, Belgoth's Beacon, Bondar Crystal, and Cho Mai players should move to Darth Malak.

-Davik's Estate, Death Wind Corridor, Firkrann Crystal, Gardens of Talla, and Hedarr Soongh players should move to Helm of Graush.

-Infinity Gate, Kinrath Spider, Naddist Rebels, and Port Nowhere players should move to Iron Citadel.

-Prophecy of the Five, Rwookrrorro, Sword of Ajunta Pall, and Terentatek players should move to Saber of Exar Kun.

And finally,
-The Twin Spears, Thendys Noori , Veela, Vulkar Highway players should all move to The Deadweight.

It is up to you now. I hope the other servers will follow suit. For those of you on servers that I requested to move, lets really take this game into the players hands and show the rest of the gaming community how we REALLY can make the difference. I thank you for your sacrifice to make this the game that WE WANT.

Good luck, and may the force be with you. (Sorry couldnít resist :-p)

***EDIT***

Look, it's already happening. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=359784

spne
04.06.2012 , 05:39 PM | #2
I'm from Kinrath Spider and i'm up for this.
But i'd like to see some more commitment from the rest of the community before i rerroll in Iron Council.
ďA reader lives a thousand lives before he dies.
The man who never reads lives only one.Ē
George R. R. Martin

Kthx
04.06.2012 , 05:39 PM | #3
You assume the majority of players read the forums. They do not. The majority of players are casual players who play a couple of hours a week around their regular life commitments. They wouldn't participate in the forums under the best of circumstances, and they certainly would not bother with this particular forum, given the level of hatred and lack of civility. And should they read the forums, I'm fairly certain the majority of players have no idea what you are talking about.

SpitFireKell
04.06.2012 , 05:42 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Kthx View Post
You assume the majority of players read the forums. They do not. The majority of players are casual players who play a couple of hours a week around their regular life commitments. They wouldn't participate in the forums under the best of circumstances, and they certainly would not bother with this particular forum, given the level of hatred and lack of civility. And should they read the forums, I'm fairly certain the majority of players have no idea what you are talking about.
Thank you sir, I forgot to mention this.

Not only are do I request that the players from the specified "to move" servers actually move, but plaese SPAM the crap out of which server you are to move to. This will help the poulation flow as not all players read the forums.

DarthMintCake
04.06.2012 , 05:43 PM | #5
Im on Pegasus Mining Facility and server pop seems alright to me.
Only The Dead See The End Of War - Plato

Your Hands Cant Hit What Your Eyes Cant See, Float Like A Butterfly Sting Like a Bee, Rumble Young Man Rumble - Mohammed Ali

StoneGaijin
04.06.2012 , 05:46 PM | #6
I can represent Infinity Gate numbers right now, and inform you that it's a decent POP server. peak hours have 100+ on Fleet (sith) and off hours are 50-70 fleet.

but I rerolled from Sword of Anjunta Pall (which I left a 50 BH on there and he's cold and lonely) and I'm NOT rerollin. I'll wait for server move if I need to move. I have 6 toons currently and 3 of them are 50.

I'd rather play GTN with myself then reroll on a new server at this time.
(The Real) StoneGaijin
SWG Vet (Alpha 2002 to Server move 2008) - Kettemoor
LOTRO Vet (Closed Beta 2006 to Jan. 2012) - Gladden
that's just plain Style, rolled up in awesome.... you're welcome.

Frostvein
04.06.2012 , 05:46 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by lollermittens View Post
The game is fine. There is nothing wrong with the game population. This game is absolutely perfect and it's your fault for not enjoying it. BW created the best game of a decade and you dare speak against it?! What's wrong with you? What are you still doing here? Go! Shoo! Unsub!

BW is God.
This. If you didn't roll on Fatman its YOUR fault.
Meanwhile, in Tera general chat -

"The sad thing is, arguing with fanbois on the forums was more entertaining than their 300 million dollar single player MMO from 2008"

Azumio
04.06.2012 , 05:46 PM | #8
Most of the people who would re-roll have already done so.

Fatman for East Coasters.
Harbringer for West Coasters.
Freedon Nadd for Euro's.
Dalborra for Asia/Pacific.

spne
04.06.2012 , 05:50 PM | #9
They just need to start merging servers and opening Free Xfers.
And then closing dead servers. They just started this game with too many servers, they should have more slots per server and not so many realms.
ďA reader lives a thousand lives before he dies.
The man who never reads lives only one.Ē
George R. R. Martin

StoneGaijin
04.06.2012 , 05:52 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by spne View Post
They just need to start merging servers and opening Free Xfers.
And then closing dead servers. They just started this game with too many servers, they should have more slots per server and not so many realms.

....aaaaaaad this.
(The Real) StoneGaijin
SWG Vet (Alpha 2002 to Server move 2008) - Kettemoor
LOTRO Vet (Closed Beta 2006 to Jan. 2012) - Gladden
that's just plain Style, rolled up in awesome.... you're welcome.