Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Remove laser beam of death from Hammer Shot!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Trooper > Commando
Remove laser beam of death from Hammer Shot!

Musezy
04.06.2012 , 02:14 PM | #1
PLEASE remove the
█████NEON█GREEN█LASER█BEAM█OF█DEATH█"KILL-ME-NOW"█BECAUSE█I'M█A█HEALER█SIGN█████
from Hammer Shot.

This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen in PvP (as a healer that has played almost every MMO game on the market). As if healers don't already have enough trouble keeping a low profile, HS simply makes you stick out like a sore thumb! Now in 1.2 we will HAVE to use our Hammer Shot a LOT more often and thus become immediate targets.

WHY on earth would the devs do something like this to a PvP healer in the first place? This is incredibly BAD design.

In PvE, who cares? Mobs don't zero in on you because you have a flashy laser beam heal... but in PvP ANYONE with half a brain is going to charge you the second they see that thing go zipping across their screen.

Fortunately, so far, we have been able to avoid using it in PvP for the most part. However, this will not be the case moving forward with 1.2. Tell BW to remove this crippling VISUAL effect from HAMMER SHOT in PvP today!
╔╗ ║ ╔╗╔╗
╟╢ ║ ╠╣╚╗
╝╚ ╚ ╚╝╚╝
SIGN THIS PETITION TO HAVE HAMMER SHOT'S LASER BEAM OF DEATH REMOVED FROM PVP.

Aritok
04.06.2012 , 02:27 PM | #2
This thread and your sig dont fit together. Basicly you accept the changes with 1.2 with this one.
I can only say, if these changes are going live, they do it without me. Changing the green laser beam does not help at all to these healing killing changes.
Lina - 50 Commando Healer
Marakeen - 50 Sage Healer
=== Archetype / The Red Eclipse ===

Musezy
04.06.2012 , 02:31 PM | #3
My signature has been updated, which I could not do until I made the post.

And, though I do agree with you that the healing changes are BAD... I think if they removed the visual effect from HS, that it may help alleviate some of the nerf pain. My biggest concern is the fact that we will have a harder time managing ammo after 1.2 so HS will become more important and relied on... which makes it more vital than ever that they fix the laser beam issue in PvP.
╔╗ ║ ╔╗╔╗
╟╢ ║ ╠╣╚╗
╝╚ ╚ ╚╝╚╝

Achromatis
04.06.2012 , 02:36 PM | #4
Personally, I really love the green laser beam in PvP.

...but thats because I dont play a healing Commando
Not Meant to Be a Factual Statement

The plural of anecdote is not data

Musezy
04.06.2012 , 02:43 PM | #5
Yeah, I bet you do. And what other healing class has this kind of visual target marker? Heck, when it comes to Combat Medics, the opposing Ops Leader doesn't even have to bother marking us at all. We do a great job of that all by ourselves.
╔╗ ║ ╔╗╔╗
╟╢ ║ ╠╣╚╗
╝╚ ╚ ╚╝╚╝

Comieb
04.06.2012 , 03:10 PM | #6
Agreed Green beam of shoot my face is real bad. This is not TF2 or Global Agenda, they are FPS games that the beam helps a little bit on.

SW:ToR tis bad.

And yes the 1.2 changes are a bit much but ill take my victories where i can get them.
Demons run, when a good man goes to war.

NeverRose
04.06.2012 , 03:39 PM | #7
/signed
It doesn't feel, it doesn't think, it doesn't laugh or cry. All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
l Sphinx l l ToFN l
l Eria l l Shadow l

Capt-Duff
04.06.2012 , 05:46 PM | #8
lose the green beam, should look more like the merc shot.

RichardNoggin
04.07.2012 , 12:37 AM | #9
Its like BW punishes healers. Not only do we get marked and trained right away our abilities give enemies a straight line right to where you are.

ImariKurumi
04.07.2012 , 07:18 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by RichardNoggin View Post
Its like BW punishes healers. Not only do we get marked and trained right away our abilities give enemies a straight line right to where you are.
Correction. BW punishes Republic Commando Healers. We're gonna be the most, best Free Frag class in PvP and Pve.