Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why do non forces classes show signs of Sith corruption ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Why do non forces classes show signs of Sith corruption ?

Pathlight-
04.05.2012 , 04:32 PM | #1
This doesn't make any sense. I'm not complaining as it's up to each individual player to achieve the look they want but it seems a weird design decision on the devs part to have non forces classes be physically corrupted by the DS.
Akavenn, infiltration shadow, Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Ark'en'DoG'z

Cylux
04.05.2012 , 04:42 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Pathlight- View Post
but it seems a weird design decision on the devs part
Not that weird, I'd bet a one-size-fits-all toggle for all characters is far easier to implement than character class checks + a toggle for those who don't want it to show up.

Jandi
04.05.2012 , 05:36 PM | #3
It would be more stupid if it didn't. Now, it's upto everyone to show or hide it, if the choice was taken away you would have people whining about it forever. You could say that everyone of the non-force users are force-sesitive like Atton and Mira in Kotor2 who also got corrupted regardless if you trained them as Jedi/Sith.
Those that demand respect deserve only pity.

juanni
04.05.2012 , 05:44 PM | #4
Since they have revealed the Legacy system, it kinda makes sense now because even your non-Force user can now use force powers they have inherited from their family.

grfu
04.05.2012 , 06:40 PM | #5
Because all living things have a connection to the Force, that's why. You may not be able to manipulate it, you may not be strong with it, but you still have a connection, and your corruption will still be reflected upon your face for all to see.

Unusualsuspect
04.05.2012 , 06:48 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by grfu View Post
Because all living things have a connection to the Force, that's why. You may not be able to manipulate it, you may not be strong with it, but you still have a connection, and your corruption will still be reflected upon your face for all to see.
A perfectly rational argument... were that reflected in any way, shape, or form in any form of canon regarding the Star Wars universe.

As such corruption only can be found, canonically, amongst practitioners of the Dark Side, your argument doesn't seem to hold water.

BradTheImpaler
04.05.2012 , 07:04 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Unusualsuspect View Post
A perfectly rational argument... were that reflected in any way, shape, or form in any form of canon regarding the Star Wars universe.

As such corruption only can be found, canonically, amongst practitioners of the Dark Side, your argument doesn't seem to hold water.
Actually that's not true. Remember Colonel Tobin, for one.
In the Imperial Army, it takes more courage to retreat than to advance.

Jandi
04.05.2012 , 08:23 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by BradTheImpaler View Post
Actually that's not true. Remember Colonel Tobin, for one.
A terrible example. He was in the presence of Nihilus. He affected those around him by draining them. It's never even mentioned if he was corrupted or did they just use the effect on him to portray the effect Nihilus had on him. I doubt the developers would make a completely new facemodel JUST for him that looked like dark side corruption but wasn't when they could just use the already available dark side corruption.
Those that demand respect deserve only pity.

Captain_Zone
04.05.2012 , 10:31 PM | #9
If you don't want your non-Force users to show DS corruption, just switch it off. Easy.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

JediXMan
04.06.2012 , 01:41 AM | #10
I kinda thought this was odd too. I turned off the "show corruption" thing for my Agent. It just looked weird; I left it on for Inquisitor and Warrior, though. That's fine. But on non-Force classes it looks weird.