Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

long loading screen

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

GunnerFred
04.05.2012 , 09:36 AM | #1
When I load into Imperial Fleet or onto my ship it takes at the max 20 seconds for the loading screen to finish, but any other area like dromand kaas, or tantooine, or nar shadda, take over a minute or longer to get passed the loading screen, is there any fix or a certain reason that happens?

Dasco
04.05.2012 , 12:20 PM | #2
I got the same thing. Some planets like Alderaan take around 3 minutes to load. I can literally vacuum the stairways during loading (my girlfriend thanks you Bioware).

This problem has been mentioned numerous times on this forum and so far all we got as a response was an optimization blogpost. Since then nothing but silence.

So don't get your hopes up for a response with a solution.

Kindajenin
04.05.2012 , 12:26 PM | #3 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by GunnerFred View Post
When I load into Imperial Fleet or onto my ship it takes at the max 20 seconds for the loading screen to finish, but any other area like dromand kaas, or tantooine, or nar shadda, take over a minute or longer to get passed the loading screen, is there any fix or a certain reason that happens?
Greetings GunnerFred,

Please close the client and go to this location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\

Please run the FixLauncher.exe file in the above location.

Once this is complete, please start the Launcher again (please ensure that launcher.exe and swtor.exe have Administrator privileges) and run the Launcher repair function.

After this is complete, please login again and try to connect

Please post here to confirm if this resolves the issue for you.
Kindajenin| BioWare Customer Service Forum Support