Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

overwhelming proof of intentional FACTION imbalaning on some DEVS part .. imho ...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
overwhelming proof of intentional FACTION imbalaning on some DEVS part .. imho ...

QiBao
03.17.2012 , 11:47 AM | #971
Quote: Originally Posted by Kuari View Post
Really, there are only three key issues that I see with Republic right now.. Mortar Strike, Project (more for visual reasons than what people actually believe it does) and Alderaan. Mortar Strike is the biggy as the difference is VERY distinct. Sure you can still move as soon as the bar is done and the third will still fire off, but the fact that it comes a bit late compared to DFA is unacceptable.
My main is a PT. I got my Trooper up to level 10 and used Mortar Strike and it's laughably delayed. Although the fact that I jump up to use DFA makes it insta-interrupt in PVP, I'd still rather the ability hit when it's supposed to.

The Project thing... I kinda like it. I get that an instant should be instant, but I've gotten off some serious damage back to back. As a Shadow, a boosted Project with the execute ability (forget the name) and the damage lands almost the same time. But it should be fixed so the classes are mirrors.

Lol at the conspiracy theories. Seriously, guys, relax. Half the stuff in this thread is made up. I get bugs all the time on all my toons, especially with channeled abilities. Happens to Imps as well.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Koppster
03.17.2012 , 04:03 PM | #972
The imps need all the help they can get. 3,000 years from now, they are going to to be on the receiving end of a stellar ***-kicking by a ragtag bunch of scrubs and will shortly after fade into legend.

Let them have their day in the sun, perpetual night will soon fall on them.

Sarcasm aside, the cross-faction inconsistencies need to be seriously addressed and none too soon. The fact the game launched after months of beta testing in the state that it did, with such glaring advantages given to one side, is nothing short of mind boggling.

iloveicarly
03.17.2012 , 04:15 PM | #973
Quote: Originally Posted by Part_Time_Hero View Post
(edited for one thing i got wrong that i misread ) so removing the one i got wrong
i stand by the rest
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MY LAST STRAW ... i had overlooked or excused or hoped a fix was coming for the list below
but i guess this is my hair that breaks the camels back !!!!

The turret problems favoring empire are ridiculous

screw this game yall have fun ... im walking away until summer ill look back in and see if they cared enough to balance the faction and hopefully management holds some DEVS ACCOUNTABLE FOR THIS BLANTANT ABUSE of POWER IN DESIGNING THE FACTION THEY WANTED TO PLAY to have all sorts of SUBTLE ADVANTAGES!!!!! the EVIDENCE IN ITS ENTIREITY is OVERWHELMING when looked at from a distance other than one at a time

JUST SAD ...

and REALLY LEAVES A BAAADDDDDD TASTE in my mouth for a company I have LOVED FOR YEARS AND YEARS

so add it to the list of things that severely imbalance the so called "mirror" classes

things like the following:

1.) trooper mortar volley travel time verses BH death drom above instant!!!

2.) consular animation delays verses their counterpart instant !!!

3.) convert the trooper pool of energy to BH energy BH has 4% more -
same for another classes energy i forget which one

4.) IA can do dirty kick on the run without stopping while Smuggler has to stop perform action then move

5.) Ever wonder WHY it always seems empire starts with lead on alderaan warzone?
two turrets already pointing at republic ship and do not have to turn to begin firing not to mention the BIGGEST KICKER OF ALL .. the dumb DEVS ALLOW THE EMPIRE TO TICK QUICKER THAN THE REPUBLIC ... FILM IT FRAPS IT YOURSELF ... try and figure out how empire one caps and republic two caps and forst 5 secs empire ahead ... REALLY .. I MEAN REALLY!!!! W T F

6.) force way has animation that makes republic jump up then come down before it goes off
empires is instant ... very rough across the bridge in voidstar and in huttball

7.) empires knockbacks are farther

8.) instant lightening no travel time ... rocks have longer animation til impact

9.) IA gets gets 30 secs less on its cc grenade cooldown than smuggler

10.) electrocute ignores resolve bar and even dodge it gets through everything ... force stun DOES NOT!!!

11.) smuggler sabo charge requires again you guessed it longer period of time .. IA instant!!!!

12.) IA backstab instant - Smuggler has animation to pull out shotgun to deal with !!!!

14.) im tired of listing them someone else take ove

I AM NOT LOOKING FOR CLASS BALANCE JUST FACTION BALANCE AND TRUE MIRRORED CLASSES AND NOW FOR THE DEVS THAT IMHO INTIONALLY DESIGNED THESE ADVANTAGES INTO THE GAME TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE AND SOMEONE FROM UPPER MANAGEMENT PREFERABLE THE CEO TO PUBLICLY APOLIGIZE FOR ALLOWING IT TO HAPPEN

any reasonable person that understands probability KNOWS beyond a shadow of a doubt there a far too many "oopies and overlooks " to be beniegn

THIS WAS INTENTIONAL WITH MALICE no other reason ALL THE ADVANTAGES GO TO EMPIRE !!!

have fun ill look in from time to time and see if they did anything about it
im going to take a break

if you are staying in this game and PvP you SHOULD DEMAND THE ABOVE BE FIXED and a REASON GIVEN as to way it was allowed in the first place and HOW SO MANY BETA TESTERS MISSED these GLARING ISSUES ... i guess they were just playing and not testing

/wave

ps im mad and didnt proof read and im not the faster i log out right now the better and put SWTOR BEHIND me for a long while and hope it gets fixed
I agree this is what makes a bad game,this game is not fun anyway

AGx-Spike
03.17.2012 , 05:08 PM | #974
My only argument against the OP is the complaints about the instants. I have no problem with it. Lightning SHOULD travel faster than a rock. Its F***ing LIGHTNING! If it did anything else it wouldn't make sense. Besides, what's wrong with a few faction differences? I wouldn't mind playing an MMO where each faction had completely different classes. Take Jugg's away from Empire and take Commando from Republic. I wouldn't care one bit.

Koppster
03.18.2012 , 09:55 AM | #975
Quote: Originally Posted by AGx-Spike View Post
Besides, what's wrong with a few faction differences?
Because the advantages in PvP, coupled with the ridiculous population imbalance on every server, is a kick in the nads for anyone that enters a warzone more than once per year.

ohmslaw
03.18.2012 , 11:19 AM | #976
I'm Peeing a little about ez mode faction whining that the Imps got it easy . Thanks for the Rofls
The MEDICATION is Strong in This One!

Zafeer
03.18.2012 , 11:32 AM | #977
This sums it up right here!

Empire greatest Empire in the galaxy.
All other Empires are run by little girls.
Empire number one exporter of potassium.
Other galaxies have inferior potassium.

Empire home of Tinshein swimming pool.
Itís length thirty meter and width six meter.
Filtration system a marvel to behold.
It remove 80 percent of human solid waste.

Empire, Empire you very nice place.
From Plains of Balmorra to Norther fence of Twilektown.
Empire friend of all except Republic.
They very nosey people with bone in their brain.

Empire industry best in the galaxy.
We invented toffee and trouser belt.
Empire's prostitutes cleanest in the region.
Except of course Jedi's

Empire , Empire you very nice place.
From Plains of Tarashek to Norther fence of Twilektown.
Come grasp the mighty phenis of our Emperor.
~ Jen'Jidai ~
~ Zafeer Sith Assassin ~
~ Legend Gaming ~

ccourter
04.05.2012 , 08:45 AM | #978
Quote: Originally Posted by Aethyrprime View Post
Actually I play Imp on one server and repub on the other. Those of you who only play one side are actually trying to get the other side nerfed for no reason. I have no respect for cry babies and those who post blatant lies about the other side in hopes of gaining an unfair advantage.

This thread is full of lies. The OP is 99% lies. The 1.. count it.. 1 bug he listed is known and going to be addressed.
I completely agree. I play both side also. I enjoy the story of each class. The biggest mistake is comparing your basic class to another players basic class in pvp matchs. If your a trooper, not every Bounty Hunter is your mirror class. Mercenary/Commando classes have passive abilities granted at lvl 10 that make them much different than a powertech. Your trooper might not resist pushback with full auto, but the commando does. Comparing all sith inquisitors to consular is just plain idiotic. They can be played in any way depending on how you choose your skills. A SI/JC can be a melee tank, stealthed rogue, ranged dps, ranged healer, or your standard melee dps. I doubt everyone is going into a warzone with no gear and all skills unasigned. Any comparison based off observing or recording a warzone has to many unknowns. If you have enough aclarity you can beat someone to the punch if you activate an ability at the same time. The only proof is in the code of the game. The arguments on this thread are weak. You might as well be arguing that the world is flat and that Atlas is holding us up as a punishment by the gods of Uranus. Just about as believable.

Krionic
04.05.2012 , 08:50 AM | #979
Quote: Originally Posted by ccourter View Post
I completely agree. I play both side also. I enjoy the story of each class. The biggest mistake is comparing your basic class to another players basic class in pvp matchs. If your a trooper, not every Bounty Hunter is your mirror class. Mercenary/Commando classes have passive abilities granted at lvl 10 that make them much different than a powertech. Your trooper might not resist pushback with full auto, but the commando does. Comparing all sith inquisitors to consular is just plain idiotic. They can be played in any way depending on how you choose your skills. A SI/JC can be a melee tank, stealthed rogue, ranged dps, ranged healer, or your standard melee dps. I doubt everyone is going into a warzone with no gear and all skills unasigned. Any comparison based off observing or recording a warzone has to many unknowns. If you have enough aclarity you can beat someone to the punch if you activate an ability at the same time. The only proof is in the code of the game. The arguments on this thread are weak. You might as well be arguing that the world is flat and that Atlas is holding us up as a punishment by the gods of Uranus. Just about as believable.
A three month old thread that hadn't had any activity for 2 weeks. You must have searched hard and long for this one.