Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

only a single application of this can run. no fix launcher!!!\

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
only a single application of this can run. no fix launcher!!!\
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

biirdman
04.05.2012 , 08:24 AM | #1
i really need some help, i have not been able to play for 2 months. every time i went to play it just said only a single application of this can run, so i went to the help forums and deleted the patch folder, but there was no fix folder!!! please help

Ratae
04.05.2012 , 08:26 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hallo biirdman,

Please follow these trouble-shooting steps to try to resolve the issue:
Please go to www.swtor.com/download and download the setup file again and run it. (Please run the file as Administrator and add an exception for SWTOR_setup.exe to your firewall and anti-virus software).

This will reinstall the Launcher, it will not download the game content again.

Please let us know if this helps.

Ratae | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

biirdman
04.05.2012 , 08:33 AM | #3
okay so i tried what you said to do, ran the setup as administrator and it did not work, it just said the exact same thing as always

Ratae
04.05.2012 , 10:52 AM | #4 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hello biirdman,

After downloading the setup file again, do you now have a fixlauncher.exe?

If so, please try the following:
  • Please make sure that your anti-virus software and firewall are not blocking launcher.exe.
  • Go to this location:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic
    Here, if you find a folder called 'Patch', delete it please.
  • Run FixLauncher.exe (also in the above location) as administrator.

Afterwards, please run the launcher again and let us know if you still have the same problem.

Thank you for your help.
Ratae | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

CJ_SAX_MAN
04.05.2012 , 10:56 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by biirdman View Post
i really need some help, i have not been able to play for 2 months. every time i went to play it just said only a single application of this can run, so i went to the help forums and deleted the patch folder, but there was no fix folder!!! please help
did you go to the task manager and end any processes (second tab) that said SWTOR.EXE or LAUNCHER.EXE? That should allow you to open it. Though usually restarting the computer solves that problem too, but if it doesn't that does.
Sarthist, Jedi Guardian Guild: Inferno Server: The Fatman
Please help me get Bioware to make my guide into a "sticky"
Guide for players on weak computers: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=383030

trueanimus
04.05.2012 , 12:29 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by CJ_SAX_MAN View Post
did you go to the task manager and end any processes (second tab) that said SWTOR.EXE or LAUNCHER.EXE? That should allow you to open it. Though usually restarting the computer solves that problem too, but if it doesn't that does.
1 goto process manager and close all process threads for swtor.exe.

2. goto the icon on your desktop, right click, properties, then compat tab. Select windows xp sp 3 (or 2 if you dont have 3) then check run as admin. Close, save changes.

If you are running an Nvidia card, you may want to close the Nvidia Control Panel app as this can cause the game to crash sometimes.

Make sure you have direct x 9.0c installed and the d3d9.dll in your main game folder as well.

If the game still doesnt launch, you may want to try a program (free one) that is called Game Booster 3. It closes all unnessecary processes and threads and my guess its one of these that is causing the game not to run. Plus it frees up memory etc to help the game load better.
Formerly Known as Trueevil of Tarquinas server SWG or Truelydead/trueid/truelock/truedewd/truecan/truelyinsane/truelynsane/trueblu/truebacca of undermine in WoW