Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What kind of gear does my droid use?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
What kind of gear does my droid use?

ChairForceOne
04.04.2012 , 12:18 PM | #1
I'm a marauder, and i really like having a good healer for solo'ing, but i cant seem to find my droid in my codex. what gear does he use?

Eternalnight
04.04.2012 , 12:22 PM | #2
Droid parts with AIM as their primary stat

These include
1 sensory unit
2 motors
2 parts
2 cores

Also few items that he can use that are same as those that human characters use
Earpiece
Implant
Off-hand Power generator

Again all with AIM as primary stat

The ship protocol droid can't equip anything to the main hand weapon slot

Elladan
04.04.2012 , 12:22 PM | #3
Droid parts: motors, cores, parts, and a sensory unit. Cybertechs can craft these at lower levels (and top levels), you can find them at the GTN, and occasionally they will be a quest reward option. Your ship droid is unable to use a weapon.
Hieronymous - Sith Assassin (Darkness).
Bas - IA Sniper "Just because she's a Jedi doesn't mean you can't catch something. You know that, right?"

dosadnik
04.04.2012 , 12:26 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by ChairForceOne View Post
I'm a marauder, and i really like having a good healer for solo'ing, but i cant seem to find my droid in my codex. what gear does he use?
If you're talking about the ship droid, don't even bother, he's useless. Otherwise what the others said.

Eternalnight
04.04.2012 , 12:30 PM | #5
Then again, doesn't sith warrior get their real healer companion on the next planet they go after getting their space ship?

dosadnik
04.04.2012 , 12:38 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Eternalnight View Post
Then again, doesn't sith warrior get their real healer companion on the next planet they go after getting their space ship?
Yup. I believe you get Malavai on Balmorra. So no real need to search for droid parts, because again he's pretty useless in combat and is only meant to be a crafting tool.

Owsley
04.04.2012 , 05:01 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Eternalnight View Post
The ship protocol droid can't equip anything to the main hand weapon slot
This irks me a bit. Why do they have a slot you can't equip? Why not hide the slot?

Shatterstar
04.04.2012 , 07:59 PM | #8
Well, when you first talk to him he says he is not a combat model, that should give it away. In combat, he'll actually run up and punch at mobs. Early on, if you gear him, he actually makes an excellent healer. The ship droid gets all his heals real early, so if you feel you *have* to run with a healer, he can help you. But really, except for champions and a couple class story boss mobs, you really don;t have to use a healer. Turn on all Vette's skills, and watch stuff die real fast.

Berrian
04.05.2012 , 04:59 AM | #9
If you are talking about T-7 then he can equip a blaster. Only the ship droid is forbidden a weapon.
"Where's my ship?"

Eternalnight
04.05.2012 , 05:26 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Berrian View Post
If you are talking about T-7
He is not
Quote: Originally Posted by ChairForceOne View Post
marauder