Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Marksman Sniper PvP Guide

docfirestein
04.02.2012 , 05:51 PM | #11
Very well done guide. It was an enjoyable walk through. Thanks for putting it together.

Lithy
04.03.2012 , 08:18 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by uQQme View Post
To be honest I only get 300k+ around 33% of the time and my all time record is 380k.
I almost always get my 300k medal in full length matches, i usually get it around 11 minutes in huttball. My highest is just under 450k. And I rarely use AOEs, orb strike when it will do the most but I dont toss grenades much less alot are low. its a drain on energy that you could be using to put down a single target immediately. Once I get my BM stuff I should be about to break 5k on good days. Also its very rare i get the 5k medal hit, but it's irrelevant. things die fast enough. Especially if you line your burst combo up proper. Putting a un-bubbled sorc from 100-0 in one rotation is <3

Except of course....
Quote: Originally Posted by FlyinFungi View Post
Yes, in a full duration match. This is of course not happening if my team is getting steamrolled.
because this always kill your numbers. I hates it

I skimmed the guide, very solid and I recommend it to anyone wanting to run this beautiful burst tree There are very few people I see with roll to cover and crouch bound seperatly. I applaud you for this. rolling to cover properly makes or breaks good snipers imo. You can dodge so much and repositioning between even levels on the environment is amazing
Lithíum Hartshotte, Sniper
Exit Area

Tallianna Hartshotte, Gunslinger
Officer of Shadowed

ShakesMcQueen
04.05.2012 , 03:39 AM | #13
In a full duration PvP match I will pretty much always hit 300k damage, regardless of which WZ it is. If I'm able to sit still alot and DPS on Voidstar, and/or if Civil War results in a long battle at mid, I have been able to break 400k damage on a handful of occasions.

I think I may try a pure MMS spec, to see if I can increase these numbers. I'm currently using the popular MM/Eng hybrid spec that allows for a potent opening burst and slightly better energy management.

More recently, as I've acquired a partial BM gear setup, I've been able to get the 5k medal maybe half a dozen times, but not consistenly. I assume speccing for the extra 30% damage on a few of our core talents near the top of the MM tree would make 5k pretty easy from my Ambush.

Anyway - great guide.
Veteran - Sniper - Corellian Run
I can do the KESSLER RUN in less than 12 dubsteps.