Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Targeting For healing

Smaaen
12.16.2011 , 05:53 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Shizzletits View Post
No addons in WoW (I assume that's what you're referencing) do what you say they do. At most they give an audio queue telling you to PAY ATTENTION, GET READY TO DO SOMETHING, YOU BETTER KNOW WHAT IT IS. All addons do for healing is make targetting more efficient, which is something this game will need if they want to keep a lot of people interested in the role. While it may not be hard to switch targets, it's damn inefficient to have to click a new target and then cast a heal.

But yeah, while I haven't done pvp yet, I did do it in the beta, and targeting was a pain as health bars did not update right away. Maybe it's just my old computer, but still, I would like the issue to be brought up.

..Deadly boss mods does not do anything? It tells you when x boss will do x ability, a few times it's a little bit off, but most of the time it was accurate.

No addon to make healing easier? Tons of addons you can just customize so all you do is click the person on grid (or similar) with a key binding through the addon, which starts healing right away. If that does not make healer easier (ridiculously so) then I don't know what makes it easier.

Ariliss
12.16.2011 , 06:02 AM | #22
I have never had a problem healing in beta or now. You don't need add-ons to make you a better healer. Add-ons takes alot of fun and challenge out of the game.

Croba
12.16.2011 , 07:35 AM | #23
Most healers dont want to just run behind hitting "heal" over and over, they should be able to participate more then that. Just adding a Target of Target (assist) will fix this issue.
Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes

DkSharktooth
12.16.2011 , 10:25 AM | #24
News flash, healthbars are not supposed to update instantly, especially with multiple or rapid constant damage coming in. They didn't in WOW and they never will here. If 1 person is getting ganged up on say in pvp by 4 people, their health bar cannot possibly register and update all the damage and healing done by displaying the bar going up then down on your screen accordingly.

Yes, I am also a healer.

Vonric
12.16.2011 , 10:33 AM | #25
The only thing i would really like to see would be dual targeting or ToT. Other then that i have been fine so far, raid frames work well for me.
"You can run all your life,But not go anywhere." - Mike Ness

Faynes
12.16.2011 , 10:55 AM | #26
For those worried about addons, a large part of the issue could be resolved by simply allowing mouse-over macros. Full addons would not be required.

I fully agree that this is a priority issue to resolve before the endgame scene becomes a major focus for the majority of players. Even if the macro system is simple and trimmed down, getting it in earlier will have a significant impact on the game.
...shotguns and surgery still don't quite mix.

Yutaa
12.16.2011 , 11:25 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Smaaen View Post
No addon to make healing easier? Tons of addons you can just customize so all you do is click the person on grid (or similar) with a key binding through the addon, which starts healing right away. If that does not make healer easier (ridiculously so) then I don't know what makes it easier.
With mouserover macro - observer situation, select heal target, move your mouse to target frame, use heal.

Without mouseover macro - observer situation, select heal target, move your mouse to target frame, _click on that frame_, use heal.

So that useless click is a skill?
And without that useless click healing is ridiculously easier?

Wow.

Smaaen
12.16.2011 , 12:15 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Yutaa View Post
With mouserover macro - observer situation, select heal target, move your mouse to target frame, use heal.

Without mouseover macro - observer situation, select heal target, move your mouse to target frame, _click on that frame_, use heal.

So that useless click is a skill?
And without that useless click healing is ridiculously easier?

Wow.
If having to observe and click/F-cycle through and then use your heal causes your group to die, well, "wow" back at you.

Didn't mean to sound like an arse, but there's (in my opinion) no problem with healing and dps'ing. At least not for me, can't stress this enough. I wouldn't mind target of target, but that's another thing.