Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Feedback request from James Ohlen - "Your Star Wars fantasy"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Feedback request from James Ohlen - "Your Star Wars fantasy"

View Poll Results: Which Star Wars fantasy excites you the most?
Full 3D space battles 1,405 46.54%
Vehicle combat (eg, AT-ATs) 323 10.70%
Pod/speeder racing 444 14.71%
Capital ship battles 847 28.06%
Voters: 3019. You may not vote on this poll

StephenReid
04.04.2012 , 12:24 PM | #1

Hello everyone! James Ohlen, Game Director for Star Wars: The Old Republic, is on the hunt for direct feedback once again. This week, he's asking for feedback on a general topic that I think you'll all have an opinion on!

James takes feedback directly via his Twitter account, but if you're not on Twitter, we're going to reproduce his question here and would love to get your feedback here too - as well as your votes on a poll.

As always, we ask you to limit your feedback to the question at hand and keep your feedback constructive as well as on-topic!

Here is James' question for this week:

Which Star Wars fantasy excites you the most? Full 3D space battles, vehicle combat (AT-ATs), pod/speeder racing or capital ship battles?

You can vote in the attached poll. Obviously each of these fantasies are big, enormous ideas, so we're sure you'll have plenty of feedback to give!

You can follow James on Twitter @JamesOhlen; you can follow our main account @SWTOR.

Amp_
04.04.2012 , 01:56 PM | #2
None of the above.

Merex
04.04.2012 , 01:57 PM | #3
A dungeon/heroic mission finder. So...none of those four.

Lord_Karsk
04.04.2012 , 01:57 PM | #4
Pod racing yes plis. Your great hope with this game is fast and awesome minigames.
Games one can bet on. Games you see in the cantina in episode II.

Plis BioWare dont do space combat. Will not work.
It will be non responsive and to slow as your space combat now shows.
And as long as space combat can not be first person view from the cockpit
like swg there is no point. Just sitting in the chair on the trooper ship show
one cannot even see out the window and the view is bad.

If you make space combat you can use capitol ships with turrets players can control
and players can board ships and fight guards and ship boss to take em over to gain
control over turrets and landing area. Must be a huge space map with base ship and
lots of ships between one can take over and control. In this there should also be fighter combat.Also a astroid field above a planet for pure fighter space combat could really work.
Dynamic fast and intense.

But to be very honest i dont think you guys can pull it off ...

MajLagSpike
04.04.2012 , 01:58 PM | #5
what do you mean "Capital ship battles"? just asking because you already have the 3d ship combat one.

TZHX
04.04.2012 , 01:58 PM | #6
Out of those options, I think the Space Battles are more interesting.

Derlo
04.04.2012 , 01:59 PM | #7
The X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter series of games were some of the most popular Star Wars games ever made - and with good reason! People still play them today, even though they are a decade old. Adding real 3D combat to SWTOR would be a huge boost for the game!

MajLagSpike
04.04.2012 , 02:00 PM | #8
Well just incase, Space Battles!!! But big ones like me vs. the death star! OOoooorrrr me and 3 friends vs. the deathstar?????!! 0.o

JPLaro
04.04.2012 , 02:00 PM | #9
I prefer space battles.

Badnamed
04.04.2012 , 02:01 PM | #10
I'm down for any of those... But since I can only vote one, I voted full 3D space battles.

But I also agree with Merex, a dungeon queue system would be far more interesting at this point... I haven't yet PVE'd that much coz I despise spamming LFG in chat...