Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

When can we expect to see a nerf of the Hybrid Sin/Shadow?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
When can we expect to see a nerf of the Hybrid Sin/Shadow?

VoidJustice's Avatar


VoidJustice
04.03.2012 , 12:43 PM | #1071
Quote: Originally Posted by Neamhan View Post
So what's the actual DPS of the three tanks so we can compare? You make a statement that no other tank can match an Assassin's damage, then provide no evidence to support that. Linking some cherry-picked screenshots showing total damage done of one class is not providing DPS of all three classes to compare. You haven't even shown the DPS of one class, nor have you even defined what 'too much' damage is. You also haven't given us your opinion on how much DPS a tank should do.

Until you provide any of that, it's just more whining.
Youtube
search Guardian Defence Pvp, by date
search Vanguard Pvp, by date
search Shadow Tank Pvp, by date

compare vid's and end game board damage.

proof provided... in spades...

RahlLegacy's Avatar


RahlLegacy
04.03.2012 , 01:02 PM | #1072
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthMaulUK View Post
Clearly you dont see things from the Empires point of view. I could argue that almost everyone plays a Trooper for that ol' grav spam favourite.

People play Sith Assassin because a) its a cool class b) requires the player to actually WORK for their kill, instead of pressing just one button to rack up 400k+ damage.

Jedi Knights/Consulars have enough tricks up their sleeves to take out an Assassin when used correctly. Try learning your class?

I've spent hours watching youtube videos, trying out several builds and finally(after 8 different attempts) found a build that deals alot of damage(if my crit kicks in), actually INVOLVES me to play and importantly, is alot of fun to play.
Consular is the parent class so whatever tricks they may have to kill an assassin, the inquisitor line has them as well. I'm not sure what you are getting at.

Neamhan's Avatar


Neamhan
04.03.2012 , 01:08 PM | #1073
Quote: Originally Posted by VoidJustice View Post
Youtube
search Guardian Defence Pvp, by date
search Vanguard Pvp, by date
search Shadow Tank Pvp, by date

compare vid's and end game board damage.

proof provided... in spades...
Feel free to provide the links, but end game board damage is not DPS.

SableShadow's Avatar


SableShadow
04.03.2012 , 01:23 PM | #1074
Quote: Originally Posted by Neamhan View Post
Once Operatives are finally where they need to be, then we can start to look at other classes.
So much OP hate came early on, is it any wonder there are a few out there with something of a hate streak for the rest of our "fine community"?

Neamhan's Avatar


Neamhan
04.03.2012 , 01:27 PM | #1075
Quote: Originally Posted by SableShadow View Post
So much OP hate came early on, is it any wonder there are a few out there with something of a hate streak for the rest of our "fine community"?
His schtick has gotten very old so every time I see him post his moronic Assassin hate posts to 'prove his point', I'll just respond with equally idiotic anti-Operative replies.

SableShadow's Avatar


SableShadow
04.03.2012 , 01:36 PM | #1076
Quote: Originally Posted by Neamhan View Post
I'll just respond with equally idiotic anti-Operative replies.
Yeah, that'll calm the discussion down to a reasonable debate.

LordbishopX's Avatar


LordbishopX
04.03.2012 , 01:42 PM | #1077
http://postimage.org/image/d47htsv1b/


Man not bad at all >.>
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀}╠╬[<BishopX>]╬╣{▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Grimspire's Avatar


Grimspire
04.03.2012 , 01:49 PM | #1078
Quote: Originally Posted by LordbishopX View Post
http://postimage.org/image/d47htsv1b/


Man not bad at all >.>
Good work.

Now respec to Tank, switch over to tank stance, and put guard someone then come back and show us how much damage you can do.

Notannos's Avatar


Notannos
04.03.2012 , 01:49 PM | #1079
Greetings everyone!

This thread has passed our maximum 1k post threshold. We are therefore closing this thread and have re-created it here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=390707

Please continue using the provided link to continue discussion on this topic.

Thank You!

Grimspire's Avatar


Grimspire
04.03.2012 , 01:51 PM | #1080
Quote: Originally Posted by Neamhan View Post
So what's the actual DPS of the three tanks so we can compare? You make a statement that no other tank can match an Assassin's damage, then provide no evidence to support that. Linking some cherry-picked screenshots showing total damage done of one class is not providing DPS of all three classes to compare. You haven't even shown the DPS of one class, nor have you even defined what 'too much' damage is. You also haven't given us your opinion on how much DPS a tank should do.

Until you provide any of that, it's just more whining.
I'm not sure why you or others are nitpicking the difference between Damage and DPS.

Are you aware that if you hover over each players' damage on the scoreboard that it will give you their DPS which is just damage per time spent in the warzone? Thus, the player that did the most damage will always have the highest DPS in the warzone.