Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

When can we expect to see a nerf of the Hybrid Sin/Shadow? + Proposed changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
When can we expect to see a nerf of the Hybrid Sin/Shadow? + Proposed changes

AMKSED's Avatar


AMKSED
03.24.2012 , 01:53 AM | #1
And when can we expect the other trees to be balanced to be better for group play.


There's a reason why 90% of the people playing Assassin/Shadow are now playing hybrid.

As mentioned before I think all Shadow/Assassin trees should have their own form of Harnessed Shadows.


Kinetic - Damage debuff to target attacked with Tele Throw : 5/10/15% /per stack. -20% Force/Melee Damage when in Combat Technique. Increase the heal in Combat Technique by 200 to help the actual tanks who were wanting to tank keep themselves up due to the loss of the heal from HS.

Infiltration - Increases Tele Throw damage by : 6/12/18% /per stack and reduced Force cost by 20/40/60%. +30% armor while in Shadow Technique. Switch the Kinetic Field (30% AoE Dmg Reducton) down to the tier 1 and replace Harnessed Shadows there for Infiltration. They no longer need the extra armor since Shadow technique automatically has the armor increase.

Balance - Each tick of Telekinetic Throw Heals the player by 2/3/4% max health . +20m range on Telekinetic Throw/Project while in Force Technique. Toss out Mind Ward and make that an innate ability for people in Force Technique and replace that tier with the Harnessed Shadows for Balance.

Notannos's Avatar


Notannos
04.03.2012 , 01:47 PM | #2
Hello all,

Since the previous incarnation of this thread passed the 1k mark, we've recreated the thread for you to continue your discussion in.

A couple of reminders for you to keep in mind:
  • Rude comments and Insults are not allowed. There are many different opinions and we expect our community members to be respectful of one another and their opinions.
  • Trolling is not allowed either. This includes posts that are meant for the sole purpose of causing disruptions in the threads, flames or overly negative reactions.
  • Ignore list - If you find that you absolutely cannot get along with someone, please place them on your ignore list.
  • Flag - If you think a post is breaking the forum rules, please flag it so the Community Team can investigate.

We thank you for your efforts in keeping the thread on topic, constructive and respectful.

Astarica's Avatar


Astarica
04.03.2012 , 01:54 PM | #3
Darkness might be overpowered but this is a good example of why people shouldn't come up with suggestions.

If you're serious about fixing the class, start by swapping Disjunction with something in Deception in the same tier and see what happens from there. It seems to me you're just someone who wanted to roll the other two specs but don't want to give up the OP of Darkness so you want other specs to be as overpowered.

Grimspire's Avatar


Grimspire
04.03.2012 , 01:55 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Astarica View Post
Darkness might be overpowered but this is a good example of why people shouldn't come up with suggestions.

If you're serious about fixing the class, start by swapping Disjunction with something in Deception in the same tier and see what happens from there. It seems to me you're just someone who wanted to roll the other two specs but don't want to give up the OP of Darkness so you want other specs to be as overpowered.
Agreed.

LordbishopX's Avatar


LordbishopX
04.03.2012 , 02:00 PM | #5
44k and 46k in protection isnt tanking??????????????????????? Then what the f is....
http://postimage.org/image/d47htsv1b/


Man not bad at all >.> if in dps u can get 44k protection and 700k damage I just salute that **** lol /bow to the juggy from darkness sin
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀}╠╬[<BishopX>]╬╣{▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Grimspire's Avatar


Grimspire
04.03.2012 , 02:14 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by LordbishopX View Post
44k and 46k in protection isnt tanking??????????????????????? Then what the f is....
http://postimage.org/image/d47htsv1b/


Man not bad at all >.>
No, it's not tanking. It's dpsing while spamming Taunt. You're much easier to kill in that spec than in tank spec. Plus you need about double the protection and 4 times the healing to equal a tank spec Assassin.

LordbishopX's Avatar


LordbishopX
04.03.2012 , 02:16 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Grimspire View Post
No, it's not tanking. It's dpsing while spamming Taunt. You're much easier to kill in that spec than in tank spec. Plus you need about double the protection and 4 times the healing to equal a tank spec Assassin.

I spam taunt all day and can't get those numbers from just taunt >.> guard yes taunt not so much my taunt is broken bw plz fix k thks. Plus generate 720k in damage while non stop banging taunt not bad at all eyesroll...
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀}╠╬[<BishopX>]╬╣{▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Ruckari's Avatar


Ruckari
04.03.2012 , 02:17 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by AMKSED View Post

Balance - Each tick of Telekinetic Throw Heals the player by 2/3/4% max health . +20m range on Telekinetic Throw/Project while in Force Technique. Toss out Mind Ward and make that an innate ability for people in Force Technique and replace that tier with the Harnessed Shadows for Balance.
Am i reading that right?....

Lets make this melee class have incredibly high heals....

LordbishopX's Avatar


LordbishopX
04.03.2012 , 02:20 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Ruckari View Post
Am i reading that right?....

Lets make this melee class have incredibly high heals....
Isnt that sent/mara lol watchmen/anni spec of course...
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀}╠╬[<BishopX>]╬╣{▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

AMKSED's Avatar


AMKSED
04.03.2012 , 02:27 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by LordbishopX View Post
44k and 46k in protection isnt tanking??????????????????????? Then what the f is....
http://postimage.org/image/d47htsv1b/


Man not bad at all >.> if in dps u can get 44k protection and 700k damage I just salute that **** lol /bow to the juggy from darkness sin
You can get that much protection by just throwing Taunts around.

Tanking = Having a Guard on another player the majority of the match which will lead to 100k+ protection.