Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Discuss the Revan book! **SPOILERS**

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Discuss the Revan book! **SPOILERS**

Space_Gimp
03.31.2012 , 08:06 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by mefit View Post
Luke was not a completely over powered God because Lucas didn't make him as such .............Lucas his creator
EU "NOT HIS CREATOR" made him into a "GOD" , so your line would work here but not on Revan being Drew made him into what he wanted to make him into and always maybe intended to make him as such............................so he made him into something he was ...... ok just though I would try tp break that bubble .
So far Drew's work is cannon and there for Revan is canon .

Revan's even most extreme fans are just the same as any extreme fan for any character in any Book/Comic/Game/Movie , Personally I think OldSchool SW fans hate Revan because of how KotoR was able to reach the videogame crowd in a way no other SW game did before .

Now we have Galen Merak who is very Powerful and owned Vadar x2 and Galen has a big fan base .............. Just the Oldschool cannot attack Galen in the way the attack Revan because Lucas had alot to do with Galen's creation .................. Oh well I tried
I agree with this post. Galen could have been a better character though. Didn't need another whiner. But that's besides the point. I love Revan for what he is and has done in terms of lore. I do not like that the fanboys think he is a God. He is not.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence." - Ghandi

BrandonSM
03.31.2012 , 01:58 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Space_Gimp View Post
I agree with this post. Galen could have been a better character though. Didn't need another whiner. But that's besides the point. I love Revan for what he is and has done in terms of lore. I do not like that the fanboys think he is a God. He is not.
I actually like the idea of a character like Galen. The way hewas actaully presented... not so much.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

RevanKnight
04.02.2012 , 08:56 PM | #13
I thought the book was great. I think Karpyshyn did justice to all the characters that appeared in it, even the exile (and I was a KOTOR/KOTOR II fanatic before SWTOR was released).

I personally think the reason people don't like the book because Revan and the Exile aren't the near-infinitely powerful ******** they CAN be in the games IF u use cheat codes. I also think people hate the book because they still cling to the opinion of the ******* who pirated the book before it was released and than put the most biased review possible on the internet.

mefit
04.02.2012 , 09:03 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by RevanKnight View Post
I thought the book was great. I think Karpyshyn did justice to all the characters that appeared in it, even the exile (and I was a KOTOR/KOTOR II fanatic before SWTOR was released).

I personally think the reason people don't like the book because Revan and the Exile aren't the near-infinitely powerful ******** they CAN be in the games IF u use cheat codes. I also think people hate the book because they still cling to the opinion of the ******* who pirated the book before it was released and than put the most biased review possible on the internet.
Well said.

I find Demi God characters to be less intresting.
Even most Greek Demi Gods have a end or die at a point, thats what I find intresting in them . Makes reading how they lived much more intresting .
Darth Mefit
Sith Marauder
Chiss
Shadowlands Server

Koronii
04.02.2012 , 09:20 PM | #15
I didn't like it. I found almost all of the characters to be boring, and I got the impression that the writer had never played K2 or even read the wookiepedia article. And I frankly would have preferred Revan to have died at the end of the book rather than set up the whole Maelstrom/Foundry mess.

DrFaroohk
04.03.2012 , 06:06 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Koronii View Post
I didn't like it. I found almost all of the characters to be boring, and I got the impression that the writer had never played K2 or even read the wookiepedia article. And I frankly would have preferred Revan to have died at the end of the book rather than set up the whole Maelstrom/Foundry mess.
Am I the only one who occasionally likes characters to pwn?

Honestly I get tired of the weakling somehow killing the overpowered big bad. Sometimes I just want my hero to come in and wipe his butt with the big bad. Not always, but sometimes. I get sick of watching them whine, watching them get their butts kicked, only to have some horrible writing make the big bad lower his guard for some unknown reason and then it's over.