Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rome-fu's Resolve Guide

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Rome-fu's Resolve Guide

ZaruenMakai
03.30.2012 , 04:46 PM | #391
Quote: Originally Posted by Krashnburn View Post
I find it funny that people accept this as a "core concept" and think in anyway it balances out the WAY to much CC/snare/root/slow/knock back/knock down/pull/push and any other movement impairing ability this game has in it that does nothing but keep players from playing and has caused this player to unsub

And NO, you can't have my stuff
it is not core .... the only time when resolve is even worth it really is huttball.. the other two can be won without any resolve usage what so ever.. so to quit a game over a somewhat broken resolve system is basically QQ and L2P

and guess what is even more core than resolve... passing the gosh darn balll....

a team that masters resolve versus a tea mthat masters psasing and its gonna be a pretty equal fight

JackBurden
03.31.2012 , 11:38 AM | #393
Quote:
Um okay it works perfectly fine for CC but I think everyone else is talking about the other loss of control abililites that happen after your play your resolve bar that people toss at you, stuns and knock backs.

So its common to be stunned for 16 secs break out of the third cc only to be instantly stunned for another 4 seconds then knocked backed (another 4 seconds of down time) oh and now your resolve is just about used up so your back to being cc again, but your prety much dead at this point so I guess it really doesnt matter. Ya works great.

I imagine you never have a problem with it because you dont have 2 to 3 people attacknig you at once.

edit: Let me restate that, you have 2 or 3 people attacking you and never had the chance to get even one attack off. Its not about whether you could of killed one of them its that fact that you cant even fight back at all.
Sorry, I don't quite understand what you're trying to say. The thing is, the more people are attacking me at the same time, the more CCs they use. The more CCs they use, the faster they make my resolve full. It actually takes them to throw 2-3 stuns at me to fill the bar, at which point I use my CC-break, pop up defensive CDs, use a WZ stimpack and do whatever I will for the next 15-20 secs. After that I might die, yes. Or they might die. And when we meet again, my CC-breaker is off CD again. I used this tactics a lot of times to score in Huttball, it never failed me.

And really, what's the deal with that being dead instantly? I play as one of the squishiest classes (scoundrel), and yet fully BM-geared I survive long enough to LoS successfully or to shake the attackers off when need be. Bioware put so much effort into making PvP "longer" in SWTOR that it's not even a problem anymore to survive unless focused by most of the enemies' team.
Never let your sense of morality keep you from doing what you think is right.
Isaac Asimov

Krashnburn
03.31.2012 , 10:15 PM | #394
Quote: Originally Posted by ZaruenMakai View Post
it is not core .... the only time when resolve is even worth it really is huttball.. the other two can be won without any resolve usage what so ever.. so to quit a game over a somewhat broken resolve system is basically QQ and L2P

and guess what is even more core than resolve... passing the gosh darn balll....

a team that masters resolve versus a tea mthat masters psasing and its gonna be a pretty equal fight
Yeah, I guess you're right. I should just pass the ball when I get stunned............no wait...

It is not just the resolve system....it's all the CC......why, why so much? Just cut it back some, as it is now when in combat you are movement impaired 100% of the time. And 100% impaired way to much of the time.....this is fun to you?

And really...QQ...L2P? isn't it time those are retired? they seem so jr high to me.

kunahmatata
04.02.2012 , 04:25 PM | #395
im done with this game because of cc. i have tried to give it a go ya know, i know how cc works, i know use your cc break when u have full resolve, etc. im a 65 rank valor jugg, so not the best, but i have done my share of wzs, and when i go thru 3 full resolve bars, yes 3, and not even moving half way up 1 side, thats bullcrap. that they can root and slow me that much, that when my resolve ticks down and i have stun imm, i still cant move? 3 freaking full resolve bars, and moving i didnt even make it to the start of their ramps, from ours going thru 3 full resolve cycles, freaking crap, sorry for the run on sentence, but u lost another customer due to this bull.

and to the whole pass thing, before u get on about that, same thing happens to that dude, im the only one on the team who can handle that much of a beating without dying.

Orangebeard
04.02.2012 , 08:14 PM | #396
Excellent info. I noticed the resolve bar just a few days ago and wondered what it was for. This is definately important to know and understand

LifeOfMessiah
04.03.2012 , 02:53 PM | #397
Quote: Originally Posted by heinywb View Post
Part of the problem is that the resolve system isnt working as intended atm. With a full resolve bar, im only immune to knockbacks....im still taking full duration stuns.

Once its fixed i think CC QQ will subside.
I'm with this guy. I don't know how many times I've had a white resolve bar only to STILL get CC'd. The Resolve Bar doesn't work
Jedi Covenant
Azaryah - Jedi Sentinel

Lymain
04.03.2012 , 06:03 PM | #398
Quote: Originally Posted by Orangebeard View Post
Excellent info. I noticed the resolve bar just a few days ago and wondered what it was for. This is definately important to know and understand
There needs to be a better explanation in game. I regularly get people in the 50 bracket who have no idea how it works at all, sometimes even Battlemasters who have only the vaguest idea what it does.

SerikFox
04.05.2012 , 11:43 AM | #399
I read the thing - and this was my understanding as well, but sometimes resolve doesn't work either way. I've been stunned while my resolve bar was going down. I've been stunned by 5 stuns and resolve will not go off. Other times it works perfectly - no problems, awesome system. But it does bug quite frequently. I've used the stun breaker at the right time with resolve and have been stunned again. Not snared, not rooted, but stunned. As an example, just this week I was hit by the knockdown ability of an operative, hit by a force push immediately after, 2sec leap stun from a warrior, got the warrior stun in my face, force choked, then hit by an inquisitors stun, followed by being frozen by a bh. I was able to survive that long because of a really good medic - but my resolve bar went all the way up, and all the way down. I used the CC breaker when it hit all the way up. Not a bit of good. The breaker worked great - but the resolve did not. Other examples of things that have happened to me include several warriors (I think there was 4, but there could have been a 5th. We started with 3 people) surrounding me and literally just standing there while force choking me to death. I got force choked 4 times in a row. Resolve did nothing. When resolve works it's great - but it bugs a lot.

Sundragon
04.05.2012 , 04:01 PM | #400
I don't think many people like the resolve system, or it takes too long to fill up and not enough immunity timer.
█||||()||||█Ξ███████████████████)