Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Get rid of "you already know that schematic"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Get rid of "you already know that schematic"

Madnutter
04.02.2012 , 03:11 AM | #1
200 attempts to crit to the right purple lvl 41 implant.....
4 of the wrong crits......
And then what does it always say on the rare occurence i get a crit "you already know that schematic".....
fine with getting the crit i want last, that's the nature of luck based crit system, but im not fine with getting the wrong crits multiple times before getting the others.

Yes, i am mad.

Ancaglon
04.02.2012 , 03:44 AM | #2
Fixed in 1.2 (allegedly, my character there is only in low 20s and hasn't got to the point where an item can RE to multiple versions).

Skitzophrenik
04.02.2012 , 11:04 AM | #3
Yeah im working on trying to get a tanking version of the +aim lvl 25 implant, got the Vehement one (+crit +alacrity) but trying for one with tanking stats....out of like 6-8 implant's RE'd today (after learning the Vehement one) i've gotten the stupid message "You already know that schematic". So you mean to tell me out of the like 10+ different versions that Torhead shows I can learn from RE'ing hte implant...i managed to somehow get the one I already know two times in a row? Yeah I really hope you are right and that they are fixing it in 1.2 cause annoying is putting it mildly...glad at least it isnt like a lvl 49 implant that takes 40 minutes just to craft one implant to wind up getting this message...

Natarii
04.02.2012 , 12:11 PM | #4
You should check out the Guide to Reverse Engineering; it gives very good details of the system and how to obtain the items you're looking for. Tanking items usually start with the 'redoubt' tier 1 version and go up from there (redoubt grants defense stat). As far as the 'you already know that' message, well, it's supposed to be going away with patch 1.2 - it sounds as if they're taking patterns you've already learned through reverse engineering off the table for further RE attempts on the same item. I'd wait until the patch goes live to continue with your RE endeavors.
Dark Lord of Altaholics Anonymous
Sword of Ajunta Pall - Sith Empire

GnatB
04.02.2012 , 02:05 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Skitzophrenik View Post
Yeah im working on trying to get a tanking version of the +aim lvl 25 implant, got the Vehement one (+crit +alacrity) but trying for one with tanking stats....
Sounds like you're RE'ing the wrong blue. As other poster pointed out, check out the RE guide. You want to RE the basic green version until you get the redoubt blue one, and then RE that one until you get the veracity purple one. If you got vehement, (+ crit + alacrity) then either that implant is bugged for RE'ing the redoubt, (which is possible, I believe I *have* heard of redoubt versions being RE'd into one of the other types with alacrity, which sort of makes sense as their IS no alacrity version of the redoubt).

corthala
04.02.2012 , 02:21 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Madnutter View Post
200 attempts to crit to the right purple lvl 41 implant.....
4 of the wrong crits......
And then what does it always say on the rare occurence i get a crit "you already know that schematic".....
fine with getting the crit i want last, that's the nature of luck based crit system, but im not fine with getting the wrong crits multiple times before getting the others.

Yes, i am mad.

Like some poster said you are probably doing it wrong, 200+ on a level 41 item is to much.

Overkill - power
Critical - crit/surge
Rebout - tanking

After that you will get another 3 possible purple for each starting blue. Read Reverse Eng. Guide is a credit saver.

Natarii
04.02.2012 , 03:08 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by corthala View Post

After that you will get another 3 possible purple for each starting blue. Read Reverse Eng. Guide is a credit saver.
...... 5 Possible purples from each tier 1 blue, with the exception of Redoubt, which only has 4. (14 possible end results from any given green)
Dark Lord of Altaholics Anonymous
Sword of Ajunta Pall - Sith Empire