Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Heroic 4s in this game is pointless


Butcheress's Avatar


Butcheress
03.30.2012 , 10:47 PM | #31
I totally agree with this. When I was questing i simply do each mission once but after finishing Alderaan i am already lvl 36.5, 4.5 levels over the planet.

I would say the ideal set up for mission is that after doing all the missions on a planet you can ALMOST get enough exp to fill that 4 level gap.

Again, i understand people have different play styles, but still, why put things there if they are meant to be skipped.

Quote: Originally Posted by Astarica View Post
The XP is great, so great that if you were actually doing all heroic 4s by killing your way in, you'd have to end up skipping entire planets at some point to not out level them assuming you've no interest in doing quests that yield no xp.

So again, what's the point to do content that, if you did it all, would force you to skip a planet later? I guess you can do ONLY heroic + story + major quest, but what do you gain out of it? It's not really any faster than doing normal quests, and the gear reward is negligible (heroic 4 oranges are usually worse than plain blues of same level).

Butcheress's Avatar


Butcheress
03.30.2012 , 10:50 PM | #32
Also, one of my major complains regarding Heroic missions is that some of them are put at the dead last part of the planet mission chain while most the players are already moving on the next planet.

The whole bonus series idea is kinda waste, especially the heroic missions in them.

Aeryl's Avatar


Aeryl
03.31.2012 , 09:01 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Butcheress View Post
Again, i understand people have different play styles, but still, why put things there if they are meant to be skipped.
Why do people assume that if they don't want to do the mission, that it's meant to be skipped? The guy above spelled it out pretty clearly: it's extra content. It doesn't hurt you if you skip it but it rewards you if you do it when it's level appropriate.

How dumb do people have to be to complain that soloing a Hoth H4 at 50 doesn't give good loot?

The only problem with completing them is that there are too many low population servers, but that has nothing to do with Heroic 4s in and of themselves.

BeachHead's Avatar


BeachHead
03.31.2012 , 10:16 AM | #34
Very interesting topic, I think.

For my guild there isn't any use to do the Heroic 4s. It was in the beginning when everything was brand new. But after that, there isn't any use and it's too much work to get a good group going, since a perfect group is needed. And at lvl 50 one does the flashpoints instead.

I agree with the idea of making more Heroic 2+ (but not too many!!) and then have one heroic 4 per planet that has an unique story or something, like a mini flashpoint.

Farmbuyer's Avatar


Farmbuyer
03.31.2012 , 10:41 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Kendakon View Post
That said,
ALL Heroic 2's should be soloable with your companion AT LEVEL (depending on class this currently isn't always true).
Meh. That's not very "heroic". That's just questing in a phased area, and we have plenty of those already. There should be some challenge!


Quote:
Heroic 4's should be doable with just 2 people with their companions, this isn't true either for all of them. Although as mentioned some are able to be done solo.
My gf and I do that already. Good communication between the two players is key. Even then it's not always a steamroll through the place.


Posters upthread said it best: grouping-to-level just isn't viable for most players, and the planets are deserted now that the rush is done. I agree that there should be more Heroic 2+ and not as many Heroic 4's, or at least move the 4's to earlier in the planetary quest hubs. Little reason to do them when you're leaving the planet, extra content or otherwise.

Butcheress's Avatar


Butcheress
03.31.2012 , 02:56 PM | #36
Well, a more precise wording might be: The current set up is discouraging people who want to do these missions.?

Bioware should set up the missions in a way that encourages people to experience it. That's why we have mission hubs, bread crumb missions etc. I do think they could do a better job though.

Quote: Originally Posted by Aeryl View Post
Why do people assume that if they don't want to do the mission, that it's meant to be skipped? The guy above spelled it out pretty clearly: it's extra content. It doesn't hurt you if you skip it but it rewards you if you do it when it's level appropriate.

How dumb do people have to be to complain that soloing a Hoth H4 at 50 doesn't give good loot?

The only problem with completing them is that there are too many low population servers, but that has nothing to do with Heroic 4s in and of themselves.

Malles's Avatar


Malles
03.31.2012 , 11:27 PM | #37
Yeah. I already made a thread about this, got pretty much the same responses. Let's sum up the arguments real quick.

1. Heroics are extra content. No one's making you do them. Well, SWTOR is a video game. No one's making me play it. But I do, because I want to.

2. Heroics are not meant to be done solo. No duh, Sherlock. The whole argument is that it can take a miracle of God and an act of Congress to get a group together to knock out a 15-20 minute quest that makes you choose between mod gear, a box, or commendations.

3. They're not hard if you have a tank and healer. Again, no duh. There is no content outside of a Flashpoint or Operation that can't be knocked out by a tank/healer duo. Try that with two DPS at the appropriate level, doesn't work so well. And this is coming from a guy that plays all three specs.

4. Use companions. I learned on my very first origin world that companions can and always should be considered base-line retarded, no matter how well you think you've configured them. Mako is good for eye-candy, Slicing, and helping out against the class-story elites. Not soloing a Heroic and keeping me alive when a combo Strong/Elites are kicking the tar out of me, even with her and mine CCs. And this is, again, coming from someone who rolled a tank.

5. Socialize and make friends. I don't know what kind of friends you have, but if I told mine to drop everything they were doing and fly halfway across the galaxy to help me knock out an optional Heroic, I wouldn't have friends for very long. Or a guild, for that matter. Hell, people lose their minds just when I spam General asking for one single random guy in the same area with the same quest.

No where in any of those is one thing properly explaining why 4-man Heroics are a needed and loved thing in this game. They're here, they're annoying as hell, they don't reward anything near making the effort worth it. They need to be either made easier to manage (bumped down to 2-mans, make less of them, etc), or need to be made worth the effort (better rewards, mandatory to complete planet side-quest saga, hide datacrons in them, etc.)
I used simple happy language words to help you understand.

Why yes, I have been a proud SWTOR Community member since August 2011. Why, wanna fight about it?

Butcheress's Avatar


Butcheress
04.02.2012 , 03:05 PM | #38
You forgot one powerful arguement: Re-roll in a high-population server!

Quote: Originally Posted by Malles View Post
Yeah. I already made a thread about this, got pretty much the same responses. Let's sum up the arguments real quick.

1. Heroics are extra content. No one's making you do them. Well, SWTOR is a video game. No one's making me play it. But I do, because I want to.

2. Heroics are not meant to be done solo. No duh, Sherlock. The whole argument is that it can take a miracle of God and an act of Congress to get a group together to knock out a 15-20 minute quest that makes you choose between mod gear, a box, or commendations.

3. They're not hard if you have a tank and healer. Again, no duh. There is no content outside of a Flashpoint or Operation that can't be knocked out by a tank/healer duo. Try that with two DPS at the appropriate level, doesn't work so well. And this is coming from a guy that plays all three specs.

4. Use companions. I learned on my very first origin world that companions can and always should be considered base-line retarded, no matter how well you think you've configured them. Mako is good for eye-candy, Slicing, and helping out against the class-story elites. Not soloing a Heroic and keeping me alive when a combo Strong/Elites are kicking the tar out of me, even with her and mine CCs. And this is, again, coming from someone who rolled a tank.

5. Socialize and make friends. I don't know what kind of friends you have, but if I told mine to drop everything they were doing and fly halfway across the galaxy to help me knock out an optional Heroic, I wouldn't have friends for very long. Or a guild, for that matter. Hell, people lose their minds just when I spam General asking for one single random guy in the same area with the same quest.

No where in any of those is one thing properly explaining why 4-man Heroics are a needed and loved thing in this game. They're here, they're annoying as hell, they don't reward anything near making the effort worth it. They need to be either made easier to manage (bumped down to 2-mans, make less of them, etc), or need to be made worth the effort (better rewards, mandatory to complete planet side-quest saga, hide datacrons in them, etc.)

Felioats's Avatar


Felioats
04.02.2012 , 03:08 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Majestic_Jazz View Post
I am not against Heroic 4s, but I am against them being EVERYONE in one planet and outnumbering Heroic 2s.
Your per-planet population gets up to 4? Hot dog! What server are you on?

Anyway, the only problem with Heroics is that we can't do them. Not with a pickup group anyway. Nobody to pick up.
>

Malles's Avatar


Malles
04.02.2012 , 05:03 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Butcheress View Post
You forgot one powerful arguement: Re-roll in a high-population server!
That's an argument?
I used simple happy language words to help you understand.

Why yes, I have been a proud SWTOR Community member since August 2011. Why, wanna fight about it?