Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

False Emperor: Locked Out Before Loot

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
False Emperor: Locked Out Before Loot
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jobalo
04.02.2012 , 08:08 AM | #1
Hi,

My character name is Abra, on the Keetael Server. I'm a Light-side Shadow Tank on a Light Server. I've been trying to Gear for OPs by running HM Flashpoints for a month now. Because of the Light Server, OPs groups are never formed...we only have 10-15 people in fleet on most nights, its sad.

I have run False Emperor dozens of times and the "Force-Master" Chest piece never drops, I accept RNG for what it is and keep running FE to hope to see it...

Well, last night I was tanking Malgus, Stayed up til 4AM on a work-night to try for the Chest piece as I already got my daily HM done. In the final part of Malgus, I pulled him near the edge of the bridge and strategically put myself by the boxes or pillars so I could not be knocked off...while tanking him, he still Electrocutes me into the abyss and I fall to my death, even though I was against a wall...

Now, of course while I died on my fall, my group took Malgus down in the process and completed the flashpoint. Since I fell, I could not be resurrected...so I go to the Area Start point to get back in and receive the loot and of course I'm locked out. I waited to accept the completion of mission and everything so I could get in...and with great frustration, my Columi Chest piece dropped while I was Locked out and couldn't partake. I was extremely frustrated, absolutely to the point of quitting this game...no one in my group needed the chest other than me and I deserved it. I run FE whenever I can for the small chance my chest piece drops and I get Locked out the one time it does!!! This is a major bug, and yes I created a ticket involving this...there is absolutely no reason I should have been locked out yet or not be able to be resurrected. I am extremely disappointed and frustrated...I deserve the Chest Piece and have given this game my blessing through this RNG loot, but this has put me at my boiling point...Please Help and fix the lockout issue!

Thank You!

-Abra

Erevan_Kindelar
04.02.2012 , 08:12 AM | #2
Technically, there is no issue with the system. According to GMs and CSRs from Bioware, the FP lockout is behaving exactly as it is intended to.
(You die and choose to respawn outside the FP or, as in this case, you are knocked onto a "no-go" zone and are forcibly ejected from the instance)
As far as I know, if you respawn during the fight and make it back into the zone before the boss goes down, you "should be" able to get back into the zone. I say "should be", because I have never encountered the problem myself so I have never tested it. Once the boss is down, the zone is locked and becomes exit-only.

Jobalo
04.02.2012 , 08:44 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Erevan_Kindelar View Post
Technically, there is no issue with the system. According to GMs and CSRs from Bioware, the FP lockout is behaving exactly as it is intended to.
(You die and choose to respawn outside the FP or, as in this case, you are knocked onto a "no-go" zone and are forcibly ejected from the instance)
As far as I know, if you respawn during the fight and make it back into the zone before the boss goes down, you "should be" able to get back into the zone. I say "should be", because I have never encountered the problem myself so I have never tested it. Once the boss is down, the zone is locked and becomes exit-only.
Thats fine and dandy and I accept that system...except there was no time for me to go to Start Area and get back in before the boss died...

I absolutely accept that system, as long as I can be Revived, which was IMPOSSIBLE...I'm sure it wasn't BW's intent for me to be SOL on this situation...I'm trying to have great patience with this, giving the Customer Service a chance, I believe I deserve that Chest Piece without a question because who knows when it will drop again...

Tirvaak
04.02.2012 , 09:46 AM | #4 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Jobalo View Post
Thats fine and dandy and I accept that system...except there was no time for me to go to Start Area and get back in before the boss died...

I absolutely accept that system, as long as I can be Revived, which was IMPOSSIBLE...I'm sure it wasn't BW's intent for me to be SOL on this situation...I'm trying to have great patience with this, giving the Customer Service a chance, I believe I deserve that Chest Piece without a question because who knows when it will drop again...
Hi Jobalo,

I'm sorry to hear that this issue has occurred for you. From your previous post I can already see that you have sent a ticket into our Customer Support team which is the best course of action to take in this instance

Once Customer Support get to your ticket they will investigate the situation for you and notify you of the outcome.

Please make sure that you have included the keyword "Jupiter" and make sure to include as much detail about the problem as possible.

Thanks.

Tirvaak | Bioware Customer Service - Forum Support

Jobalo
04.02.2012 , 10:18 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Tirvaak View Post
Hi Jobalo,

I'm sorry to hear that this issue has occurred for you. From your previous post I can already see that you have sent a ticket into our Customer Support team which is the best course of action to take in this instance

Once Customer Support get to your ticket they will investigate the situation for you and notify you of the outcome.

Please make sure that you have included the keyword "Jupiter" and make sure to include as much detail about the problem as possible.

Thanks.
Thank You! I'll be sure to take the appropriate measures and be as detailed as possible! I appreciate it!

Tatumsa
04.02.2012 , 11:20 AM | #6
Had this with the Bounty Hunter boss, our tank got thrown off and managed to get back in but he couldn't roll on the loot, even though he was there for most of the fight - even more annoying was it was a tank drop :/