Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

An arguement for why Marauders were nerfed, 1.2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sentinel / Marauder
An arguement for why Marauders were nerfed, 1.2

Deviltreh
04.02.2012 , 05:10 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by doromleynek View Post
you cant cleanse a 4k+ crit from smash
Yes, but not everyone has cleanse. Now everyone has D key to step away.........
The bravery of being out of range...

Smash now does 100% damage to targeted enemy and 33% damage to all other enemies. <- there, I fixed Smash, how hard it is?..

Deviltreh
04.02.2012 , 05:13 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Ridisi View Post
1. Marauder LOSE the 100% damage reduction at a 2 point cost for an ACROSS the board damage reduction of 50%, effectively GAINING more out of the tree.

2. 30% run speed was a waste of talents, in Anni. There are vastly superior places to put 2 talent points over this. This talent was a noob trap for Anni, and is the reason it was moved.

3. Carnage has and always will be the strongest group based spec. Root's are the single strongest form of CC in this game hands down, and the spec comes with 3 of them. The burst damage it brings trumps everything but Rage now as well, but it has better returns and is less CD reliant.

4. Do I even need to point out the fallacy in this? Biased trash coming from someone who has zero idea what makes a class/spec strong or weak.
80% was a pro trap, and you're a noob. And I fail see how nerfing Force Camo from IMMUNITY to basicly useless, yeah a huge gain...
The bravery of being out of range...

Smash now does 100% damage to targeted enemy and 33% damage to all other enemies. <- there, I fixed Smash, how hard it is?..

Rohns
04.02.2012 , 05:29 AM | #13
when i fight rage marauders i usually take a look on they're bar and when i see 4x shockwave or when they use obliterate with 4x or 3x or they finish force chocke and hava already the proc buff i always vanish, and taking 2k dmg more to me is a huge loss
FUS RO DAH!!!!

EasymodeX
04.02.2012 , 08:17 AM | #14
You guys must have a lot of low-expertise Sorcs on your server.

Quote:
when i fight rage marauders i usually take a look on they're bar and when i see 4x shockwave or when they use obliterate with 4x or 3x or they finish force chocke and hava already the proc buff i always vanish,
Non-retarded Rage Marauders don't hit Smash at those times.

... Unless there are 2 other targets standing next to you and they don't actually care about doing damage to you.
I can see things no one else can see. Do things no one else can do. Real things!

Rotanartlu
04.02.2012 , 08:52 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Xerain View Post
you can cleanse a force crush and kick choke... thus *********** your one big hit
we are talking 1.2 here. Kicking choke won't do anything. plz refer to patch notes. cleansing crush will usually take 1.5-3 seconds still applying atleast 2-3 stacks no matter what. u obviously never played rage...

Rotanartlu
04.02.2012 , 08:58 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Xerain View Post
this mad guy speaks the truth...

problem with carnage is how well we survive, what i hate about the spec i feel far more squishy. Annihilation's survivability+ it's high damage output just trumps the other two specs.

Also it's kinda ridic annihilation will non crit for 3k on soft targets and it's what iusualy get 5k crits off of.
by trumps you mean does less burst, cc, and now has less utility. then yes.

HBninjaX
04.02.2012 , 10:36 AM | #17
I can't comment on rage and carnage, but the build I use was certainly nerfed.

Ferocity moved, 100% damage reduction nerfed, fury generation nerfed. I wont be able to carry Huttball games nearly as often. I won't be able to avoid death as easily too, games where I am at 40+ kills and 0 deaths when I'm solo queueing will be harder to achieve.

The silver lining is that obfuscate doesn't cost rage and is off the GCD and predation affects the entire raid.

jkcheng
04.02.2012 , 11:09 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by HBninjaX View Post
I can't comment on rage and carnage, but the build I use was certainly nerfed.

Ferocity moved, 100% damage reduction nerfed, fury generation nerfed. I wont be able to carry Huttball games nearly as often. I won't be able to avoid death as easily too, games where I am at 40+ kills and 0 deaths when I'm solo queueing will be harder to achieve.

The silver lining is that obfuscate doesn't cost rage and is off the GCD and predation affects the entire raid.
How is Fury generation nerfed? All I'm seeing in patch notes is Short Fuse moved to Tier 1.

Swarna
04.02.2012 , 12:17 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by jkcheng View Post
How is Fury generation nerfed? All I'm seeing in patch notes is Short Fuse moved to Tier 1.
He's probably referring to using Smash/Sweeping Slash via the Quick Recovery talent as an extremely efficient fury builder that basically allowed you to spam 80% boosted Predations all the way to the endzone or made you able to enter most combat situations with 30 fury already built up. Quick Recovery is being removed in 1.2.
Swarna/Pong-ping
Marauder/Sniper
Jung Ma

Cruxe
04.02.2012 , 12:22 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by jkcheng View Post
Also Short Fuse only applies to abilities that spend rage. Now that Awe, Disruption and Obfuscate don't have rage costs they don't generate Fury.
This is not the droid you're looking for.

Quote: Originally Posted by Makar View Post
I used to shoot arrows into completely different dimensions, until bizarro me took an arrow to the knee.