Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Minor plot hole with darth vader

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Minor plot hole with darth vader

Toonimator
04.01.2012 , 08:55 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by GrandAdmrlThrawn View Post
The Ugnaugts remove the cuffs as they position him to be frozen. Now the thing attached to his triceps that goes around his back was not removed and we see no sign of that when he is thawed in Episode 6.
Theory: the upper-arm cuffs linked behind his back are MADE of carbonite. So when he's thawed out, they're just melted along with the rest of the carbonite around him. Carbonite freezing seems somewhat common (it was used in The Clone Wars for the Jedi & clones to infiltrate the Citadel prison, and it protected the government of Taris when bombarded by Malak), the main risk would be in 'crude' facilities like the one in Cloud City. But if it's fairly common, carbonite cuffs would be a good way of keeping prisoners bound for the process. They'd probably just be thawed in whatever cell they were deposited in, so no need for cuffs afterward.

Spartanik
04.01.2012 , 08:58 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Vektarulz View Post
There is misinformation in lore though,there is a book considered canon saying that is the reason he cannot use lightning and it is explained in kotor 1 you cannot just pick up a saber yet many people within canon lore who dont use the force do,and vader clearly uses choke Its Cannon lore saying the other are wrong and that's why its a plot hole
dont count game mechanics as lore or canon... because well they arent.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Also
Quote:
HK47: Statement: You are like a delightful random cruelty generator, master, poisoning all you touch with your presence. You are a testament to all organic meatbags everywhere.

Slamuel
04.01.2012 , 11:41 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Vicente View Post
If your first language isn't English I apologize in advance for saying: Good grammar is your friend.

Anyway, firstly, Vader could still use the Force, it is specifically lightning that requires your organic arms to be used as a channel. The Force itself is a different story.

Second, non-Force users are perfectly capable of using a lightsaber, however, only Force users have the reflexes to use them as effectively as they. With Grevious being a cyborg, I imaging he has safeties preventing him from cutting himself.

So, no, these are not plot holes.
also, grievous had implants to help him get an edge in lightsaber combat.
Copy this signature if you believe Timothy Zahn should take over the EU.

Datamonger
04.01.2012 , 11:50 AM | #24
Lets forget his fall to the darkside that took 3 seconds(mace windu's death,go watch that scene again and listen to the dialogue its kinda silly)
Nope, sorry. His descent into darkness started way before that.

There is misinformation in lore though,there is a book considered canon saying that is the reason he cannot use lightning and it is explained in kotor 1 you cannot just pick up a saber yet many people within canon lore who dont use the force do,and vader clearly uses choke Its Cannon lore saying the other are wrong and that's why its a plot hole
Which book are you referring to?

Icebergy
04.01.2012 , 11:52 AM | #25
I think the OP is trolling.

If not trolling, I suggest you read Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader by James Luceno.
Mikal'B, Battlemaster and Fleet Commodore of the Republic.
<Contraband Inc> 10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 7/12 NiM, HM GF, 4/5 NiM
Jedi Covenant

MishraArtificer
04.01.2012 , 06:33 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Datamonger View Post
Which book are you referring to?
Check towards the very end of the novelization of Revenge of the Sith. I'm pretty sure Palpatine mentions it in a monologue in his mind. I'd look myself, but the book isn't right in front of me right now.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
Twiki (with or without Dr. Theopolis), Muffet, and Wesley Crusher could form a boy band and do a Buck Rogers/BSG/Trek crossover tour, then crash on a remote asteroid, meet up with Doctoor Zee, and save themselves by making a spaceship out of random Cylon debris... and it would still be much less stupid than Jar Jar.
Behold...my referral link!

BrandonSM
04.01.2012 , 07:04 PM | #27
I know,kills tusken raiders,mad about padme has a few fits of rage in diffrent events but watch the final scene before it happens again ''YOU MUST BE DSTOPPED EMPEROR,YOUR A TRAITOR!( still not evil derp) NO DONT KILL HIM WINDU HE NEEDS TO STAND TRIAL(still not evil derp) I KILLED MACE FOR NOT FOLLOWING THE LAW!(STILL not evil)

Emperor:thankyou anakin your now evil
anakin:OH OK SWEET BRO!

I sorry i just dont feel the third movie was that good :P some awsome parts but dialogue wise and such not so much
No...

The moment Anakin killed Mace, he knew his old life ended there. No more Jedi, No more Goody Two-Shoes.

If you watch the TCW Series and read books, he's been on the edge for a very long time. Hell since before he was a Jedi Knight.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Captain_Zone
04.01.2012 , 08:48 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by GrandAdmrlThrawn View Post
The Ugnaugts remove the cuffs as they position him to be frozen. Now the thing attached to his triceps that goes around his back was not removed and we see no sign of that when he is thawed in Episode 6.
They didn't show it in the movie, so it goes down as a blooper. lol
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.