Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

sentinals and marauders op as it is and still get a buff

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
sentinals and marauders op as it is and still get a buff

dinasty
04.01.2012 , 08:00 AM | #1
am i the only one that is annoyed with sent and mar gettin buffed in 1.2 i feel they really dont need it. there hard to kill as it is with there 99% reduced dmg and there bleeds tick for so much dmg and not forgettin there shield that dodges attacks ..... even if they get low on health they stay alive cause of the 99% dmg reduction am i the only one that thinks a new instead of a buff is in order

oh and this thread really isnt for a sentinal and marauder to answer cause i know they will defend there class and say how they deserve to be op and bla bla bla

WNxAres
04.01.2012 , 08:03 AM | #2
This has been stated many times before.

dinasty
04.01.2012 , 08:20 AM | #3
im not complainin about people bein god classes im statin a fact that they dont need a buff they put a crap load of dps out already

Xarielle
04.01.2012 , 08:23 AM | #4
It's clear they are balancing classes on metrics alone, they are so many bad Marauders and Sentinels out there they are underperforming as a group.

Toweleeeie
04.01.2012 , 08:29 AM | #5
If you actually played one you would notice they are nerfing the Watchmen tree(which we all play) and buffing combat and focus trees. Combat and focus under perform compared to watchmen.

I myself cant wait to get out of watchmen, sentinels should not be a DoTing class IMO.
Combine Force Melt and Cauterize. Combine Defencive Forums and Defencive Roll. Call it a day.

Lexster
04.01.2012 , 08:31 AM | #6
Meh, most of these 'buffs' are to the two trees that are under represented in the game. Although, the two skills being replaced as no cost and off gcd is pretty helpful, especially the interrupt at 6s spec'd.

Jaidn
04.01.2012 , 08:33 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by dinasty View Post
am i the only one that is annoyed with sent and mar gettin buffed in 1.2 i feel they really dont need it. there hard to kill as it is with there 99% reduced dmg and there bleeds tick for so much dmg and not forgettin there shield that dodges attacks ..... even if they get low on health they stay alive cause of the 99% dmg reduction am i the only one that thinks a new instead of a buff is in order

oh and this thread really isnt for a sentinal and marauder to answer cause i know they will defend there class and say how they deserve to be op and bla bla bla
The spec you're describing annihilation, didn't get buffed, just the others were brought up to be more in line with annihilation. All in all annihilation got a small nerf.

rkopczak
04.01.2012 , 08:37 AM | #8
No, they are not OP, and I'm not even playing one to say this.
For Hope, for Freedom, For the Republic!

Orrow
04.01.2012 , 08:39 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Jaidn View Post
The spec you're describing annihilation, didn't get buffed, just the others were brought up to be more in line with annihilation. All in all annihilation got a small nerf.
Exactly, too many terrible players couldn't handle playing the relatively difficult annihilation spec so Bioware buffed the ever living crap out of the face roll easy rage/focus trees so even those terrible muras/sents can rip you apart. . . yay for balance

Quikfox
04.01.2012 , 08:40 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Toweleeeie View Post
If you actually played one you would notice they are nerfing the Watchmen tree(which we all play) and buffing combat and focus trees. Combat and focus under perform compared to watchmen.

I myself cant wait to get out of watchmen, sentinels should not be a DoTing class IMO.
I'm not sure how you view the 1.2 changes to Sentinel as a nerf to Watchman because nothing DMG wise was changed to the Watchman tree as far as notes go.

In my opinion even after 1.2 Watchman will still be better then Combat and Focus in both PvE and PvP.
When hell is full... The dead will walk the earth...