Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Act quickly to address the faction imbalance.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Act quickly to address the faction imbalance.

Streamline
12.16.2011 , 10:10 AM | #21
What if more Republic players step their game up and help out?

On my server, the Republic has some talented PvPers. It's a shame they can't get more of their own to fight alongside them. I bet they have plenty of people grinding their brains out in PvE though.

...but as others have said, 3 faction system would be better and it is still too early to tell how things will ultimately shake out.

RangKer
12.16.2011 , 10:20 AM | #22
Last time an MMO introduced a 3rd faction they started to die out faster then any other MMO created (CoH/V).

2 Faction MMOs work fine, its how they are managed by the devs and the players. WoW is the most successful with 2 major factions and they have the biggest balance issues when it comes to their PvP server populations, ToR will be fine, as well it is STILL far to early to make any real judgment so the foilhats are not needed.
[ S Y N E X U S ]
[ D E V A R O N I A N ]

RycheMykola
12.16.2011 , 10:22 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Shadeaon View Post
WoW managed to survive when most of the popular PvP servers were Horde almost 2:1 to Alliance.
Most PVP servers in WOW are an absolute joke now. If you are Horde on a PVP server, you're a bigger carebear than someone playing on a PVE server.

SuperSithSerum
12.16.2011 , 10:47 AM | #24
I see an expansion in the future...

A third nation that is neutral that can be a collaboration of both Empire and Republic characters, in other words Bounty Hunters being for hire would belong to this neutral state, along with Jedi and Sith that don't agree with their states but believe in the unification.

Meh. Not really.

I think the faction imbalance is right on the spot, for one the Republic in itself is massive, the Empire dominates in strategy.
So if the Empire side is 2-1, more bodies to rack up among them...
9:29:11

The day nerds everywhere screamed out in horror, and then were silenced forever...
-Squad 11-

Sloopik
12.16.2011 , 10:53 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Kunda View Post
Where are you finding the population numbers?
Taugrim has a good breakdown based on what guilds are where and their numbers. Read his top entry concerning Empire imbalance. The only servers it doesn't account for is RP-PVP.
Squadron 11
Weekend Warriors

Sloopik
12.16.2011 , 10:54 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Sloopik View Post
Taugrim has a good breakdown based on what guilds are where and their numbers. Read his top entry concerning Empire imbalance. The only servers it doesn't account for is RP-PVP.
^^ Sorry forgot to post the link, here it is. http://taugrim.com/
Squadron 11
Weekend Warriors

Waldorf
12.16.2011 , 11:05 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by RangKer View Post
Last time an MMO introduced a 3rd faction they started to die out faster then any other MMO created (CoH/V).

2 Faction MMOs work fine, its how they are managed by the devs and the players. WoW is the most successful with 2 major factions and they have the biggest balance issues when it comes to their PvP server populations, ToR will be fine, as well it is STILL far to early to make any real judgment so the foilhats are not needed.
WoW PvP only works because the great majority of it is instanced and the cross server system helps to cut down on the queue times generated by the faction imbalances. The only part that wasn't instanced when I last played (Wintergrasp) was a total flop - at least on my server.

Dreadspectre
12.16.2011 , 11:05 AM | #28
Tell me again why server imbalance matters at all with instanced PvP?

World PvP here isn't really an issue, the game doesn't revolve around it. That leaves warzones which don't start until theres an equal number of players in queue for it to begin so that doesn't matter either.

If anything, a faction imbalance is a BOON for the underdog because you will be in queue for much less time than the side with more players.

What's the issue here..I'm not seeing it?

Btw I played Alliance on several Horde dominated servers because I wanted to actually PvP, not sit around in a city staring at a vendor waiting for my queue to pop.

Faction imbalance only effects games with World PvP that matters, the World PvP we have here so far doesn't matter at all.

RycheMykola
12.16.2011 , 11:12 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Dreadspectre View Post
Tell me again why server imbalance matters at all with instanced PvP?

World PvP here isn't really an issue, the game doesn't revolve around it. That leaves warzones which don't start until theres an equal number of players in queue for it to begin so that doesn't matter either.

If anything, a faction imbalance is a BOON for the underdog because you will be in queue for much less time than the side with more players.

What's the issue here..I'm not seeing it?

Btw I played Alliance on several Horde dominated servers because I wanted to actually PvP, not sit around in a city staring at a vendor waiting for my queue to pop.

Faction imbalance only effects games with World PvP that matters, the World PvP we have here so far doesn't matter at all.
Because if you don't like Huttball, chances are thats all your going to be doing for warzone's on Empire side.

Faction Imbalance for Warzones means longer queues for the more populated side, and near instant queues for less populated.

Spomo
12.16.2011 , 11:16 AM | #30
You people need to learn to qq less. Imbalance of faction means absolutely nothing. I am not sure if you ever heard of Mal'ganis in WoW but that is where I played, on Alliance. We were like 8:1 or something ridiculous cause we had goonsquad and somewhere else. I had a blast. There were always horde to kill, and pve content it meant jack. And then queuing for PVP meant nothing. I had fast queue times because there weren't a ton of people. you need to relax.