Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lightning Rotations?

HOUSEoPAIN
03.30.2012 , 03:37 PM | #1
I'm a lvl 31 sorcerer, lightning is my spec nothing else but lightning, anyone find the best rotations for this? Thanks for any help I get!

OZGOD
03.31.2012 , 01:50 AM | #2
I would like to know this too. I doubt you will get a response however. Nothing matters before level 50. Figure it out for yourself I think.

Darkzided
03.31.2012 , 02:09 AM | #3
lightning spec is fail in leveling. epic fail. its faster to level when you can just spam your force lightning with no cool down. respec right now

DakataTan
03.31.2012 , 07:51 AM | #4
I ran the hybrid when leveling and it was good, force lightning is ur friend. Agree with above.
MittRomney Sith'Happens - Sorceror 50.

Don't quit WZ's, you make baby Jesus cry.

Molrune
03.31.2012 , 09:29 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkzided View Post
lightning spec is fail in leveling. epic fail. its faster to level when you can just spam your force lightning with no cool down. respec right now
I had no problem with it, finished my story line at 46, and pvp'd until 50.

Molrune
03.31.2012 , 09:42 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by HOUSEoPAIN View Post
I'm a lvl 31 sorcerer, lightning is my spec nothing else but lightning, anyone find the best rotations for this? Thanks for any help I get!
You want to start out with your Affliction dot so you can get your proc chance going. Then lightning until all your stacks are up. Crushing Darkness after that. Chain light when storm is active, Force lightning when barrage proc. Not sure what level you train the different skills anymore, I pretty much level'd over a weekend. Then....Slept a lot.. Go with Force>Aclarity>crit>surge and you'll do fine.

Carjitsu
03.31.2012 , 10:09 AM | #7
Alacrity ? I am pretty sure your priority in stats should be :

1. Willpower
2. Power
3. Crit (soft cap)
4. Surge (soft cap)
5. Alacrity

The reason for willpower and power being 1st & 2nd priority is due to scaling. There are no soft or hard caps for these. You should always reference to your knowledge gleened from years of playing WoW.. is basically all the same.
Logic (Sorc - The Maw)

Molrune
03.31.2012 , 10:24 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Carjitsu View Post
Alacrity ? I am pretty sure your priority in stats should be :

1. Willpower
2. Power
3. Crit (soft cap)
4. Surge (soft cap)
5. Alacrity

The reason for willpower and power being 1st & 2nd priority is due to scaling. There are no soft or hard caps for these. You should always reference to your knowledge gleened from years of playing WoW.. is basically all the same.
Willpower is on every Sorc piece of gear, I just considered that a given. Aclarity from exp, is much better than crit and surge. Ya wanna reference Wow; think Elemental Shaman: Haste over Crit. Same concept.

Carjitsu
03.31.2012 , 11:39 AM | #9
My main alt was Ele Sham... and if I remember correctly maxdps.com rated crit > haste to soft cap.

This is not a personal atk on you friend, just trying to make sure the OP doesn't get bad info.

I do apoligize however if you think my response was aggresive in nature. Wish everyone the best of luck and hope all have as much fun as I do playing this game. Ultimately the point of this game (for me at least) is to have fun pwning content and wzs with my fellow players *guildies, friends, non-douche PUGs etc..*

Having fun > being right. If is more fun for you to stack alacrity then do so. The actual difference in stat priority is neglegible as long as you are not debating something along the lines of acc > power (for example)
Logic (Sorc - The Maw)

Molrune
03.31.2012 , 11:48 AM | #10
That's ok. Didn't take it personal. Just doing the same. I dunno what max dps says. Ele was my main, so it's more experience, and Elitistjerks.com studying theory craft on it. It might be just because I played Ele for so many years that the Aclarity seems like the same playstyle. I dunno. Your right though, fun > right. I love the 0.6 sec lightning spammage! lol