Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Community Q&A – March 30th 2012 Blog Discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Community Q&A – March 30th 2012 Blog Discussion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

GeorgZoeller
03.31.2012 , 02:20 AM | #41 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by pangwl View Post
I'm still abit confused...

So can someone clarify for me, what will indeed happen to Champion gears? I mean I thought it'll just be retained but players won't be able to get them anymore? Now, I'm seeing/ reading that it'll automatically be downgraded to Recruit gear ? I thought it was only the BM set that automatically switches over unless the mods/ enchs were modified?
Your existing Champion gear stays Champion gear.

Recruit gear is a separate set of gear that can be acquired for credits in Game Update 1.2.

flyersfan
03.31.2012 , 02:45 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Stadulator View Post
Legacy! Fluff the masses! Cotton Candy instead of content!
Like the new Warzone, Operation, and Flashpoint as well as all the new unlockables and guild banks! Give us more cotton candy.
Clan Brevyc

Drevenya - Shield Tech
Vozza - Bodyguard

TheEdgeOfMadness
03.31.2012 , 03:39 AM | #43
Is there a thread where we can post questions for next week, or are they just chosen from questions generally asked throughout the forums?

TheEdgeOfMadness
03.31.2012 , 03:46 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Ushela View Post
Duh..anyone who thought that they would be is now banned from posting ANYTHING in the pvp forums regarding balance or nerfs..
Great call. It was seriously a no brainer. Wish there was like a 3 strikes policy where people like that could be banned from posting in forums for a month :P

corecoating
03.31.2012 , 03:51 AM | #45
Shame.. this game had so much potential.. think ill pull the plug on it now.. good luck everyone here!! im off to some real open world pvp... tera online here i come

ztee
03.31.2012 , 04:34 AM | #46
they better give us an option to put augments on our gear. I do not like the orange legacy stuff ive seen thus far - Having to use it to gain BiS is an utter joke ....

calendrapro
03.31.2012 , 04:46 AM | #47
So BiS PvE items will be BOE?

That is one of the worst ideas i've ever heard.

AetherMcLoud
03.31.2012 , 05:02 AM | #48
Legacy Rocket boost will NOT be usable in PVP. Faith in PVP team restored
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Y-Yorle
03.31.2012 , 05:09 AM | #49
This post made me confused. I initially thought only the new 1.2 endgame armors would have removable armoring because of the Q&A of March the 14th:

Quote:
Systems Designer David Hunt let players know that many new Crafting schematics in 1.2 (on PTS) are available only via reverse engineering. He also reassured us that customizations to gear made pre-1.2 will be retained, and let everyone know that in 1.2 and beyond, you’ll be able to move new endgame gear set bonuses by removing the armoring mod. However, this change won’t be applied to older endgame items, just to those new in 1.2 and beyond.
And now we see in this Q&A of march the 30th that apparently they will be removable?:

Quote:
In this case, it means your currently empty Champion gear will be purple and show a filled/extractable armoring and empty mod and enhancement slots. Those mods and enhancements will still be present in your Jedi Battlelord set.
I am hoping they will be removable, as I really dislike the looks of my Guardian's PvP champ armor. When I am not in PvP I usually switch back to my robes.
The Guiran Legacy
Providence | Conflict | Proselytism
Catch me @ http://www.twitch.tv/elendus
Heliste | Pyron | K'rdas | Elendus | Judia | Pretho | Nirav

Dafroog
03.31.2012 , 05:20 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Y-Yorle View Post
This post made me confused. I initially thought only the new 1.2 endgame armors would have removable armoring because of the Q&A of March the 14th:

And now we see in this Q&A of march the 30th that apparently they will be removable?:

I am hoping they will be removable, as I really dislike the looks of my Guardian's PvP champ armor. When I am not in PvP I usually switch back to my robes.
From what I've read the armoring will be removable but the set bonus will only be removable on the new tier
opinions are like bacteria, everyone has them but no one wants to take anyone else's on board