Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Thoughts on the Recent PTS Changes...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Thoughts on the Recent PTS Changes...

Twor
03.30.2012 , 03:00 PM | #11
I can understand the change for rated pre vs pre. For pug vs pre or even pug vs pug this is a really horrible idea.

pogmahone
03.30.2012 , 03:05 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by FourTwent View Post
Just some things that stuck out while I was reading through the patch notes this morning. . .

So now it won't be a flat X% bonus for Damage Output, Damage Reduction, and Healing?

So we won't have to RE this gear to learn it. . .we'll just have to buy the schematic?

So at first, they made the side speeder bikes a 3 second activation time. . .then they made it so that it activated instantly. . .but the path it took to 'ride' from spawn to the side turret was increased. And now they're gone all together?
These changes are insane

FourTwent
03.30.2012 , 03:06 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Twor View Post
I can understand the change for rated pre vs pre. For pug vs pre or even pug vs pug this is a really horrible idea.
I gotta agree. Rated will be very competitive and very close matches I would assume. Most pug vs pug(or premade vs pug) is so lopsided that its not even a fair fight(whether this is due to high lvl team vs a low lvl team. . .or a skilled team vs a no skilled team), typically it's obvious within the first 5 minutes who is gonna win the warzone.

At least the way it was, let the 'better team' slip up so to speak, making it easier for the worse of the two teams to defend. It actually made it so that a worse team could win against a better team(gear wise) if they just used proper tactics.

Who knows, maybe this route will create some new tactics and open up some new doors. It just seems so backwards.

ShadowOfVey
03.30.2012 , 03:09 PM | #14
I like the idea of removing the side speeders a lot actually. Hope that makes it to live.

Anything that makes it harder to defend and encourages shifts in the tide I like.

fungihoujo
03.30.2012 , 03:16 PM | #15
BW motto- If it ain't broke, break it. If it is broke, take it away.

Twor
03.30.2012 , 03:18 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by ShadowOfVey View Post
I like the idea of removing the side speeders a lot actually. Hope that makes it to live.

Anything that makes it harder to defend and encourages shifts in the tide I like.
It encourages that the side with the better equip/zergers will almost always win, as the only way to counter that was to create bigger numbers at a node and holding it till reinforcements arrived.
That will no longer be possible as reinforces will just take too long and can be easily held off now (try running from spawn to a side to stop a tap, woho).

Lymain
03.30.2012 , 03:20 PM | #17
I generally agree with that, but the speeder change seems to simplify the warzone into a zergfest.

Really, instead of worrying about those side speeders so much, I wish they'd do something about the advantages defense has on Voidstar.

SWImara
03.30.2012 , 03:23 PM | #18
It definitely sounds like one of the few good things about Alderaan (fluidity of the map) is getting removed with one central choke-point being installed instead. One more step toward an awesome Voidstar-esque AE murderball I guess. I haven't seen it yet though, so maybe it'll come out much better than I'm expecting.

ViperI
03.30.2012 , 03:28 PM | #19

I think you'll see less shifting without them as now middle becomes the only point worth fighting over. The only reason to go for the sides was their ease of defense. Now that that's gone, it will boil down to who controls the middle.

In a typical scenario where you control your left and the other team controls both mid and your right, sending a group to attack right will be problematic. The enemy team knows you can only spawn at the center, so they'll camp just outside the landing area and cut you off from ever getting to right. Your other option would be to go left and then through the tunnel under mid to get to right, but that route will take much longer and give the defending team time to react.
Viper 1
Frozen In Carbonite

Metalmac
03.30.2012 , 03:29 PM | #20
STUPID IDEA.

Remember the ILUM CHOKE POINT AT THE BASE?

This is the same stupid idea that ruined Ilum.

You put a choke point and the better geared side just wins over and over and over.

This has to be a Imperial concept as they outnumber the Republic.