Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Are shadows better than assassins?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
Are shadows better than assassins?

jbuschell
03.30.2012 , 08:05 AM | #11
Ironically consulars do not like the animations on telekentic throw and project and would prefer lightning boltz
E-Thuggin since 1987

trakata
03.30.2012 , 10:51 AM | #12
As a shadow, I can tell you that the main beef we have is the delay on project, not the "hurr durr we throw rocks" QQ. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten frustrated in PVP by an assassin or operative who vanishes (or uses immunity abilities like force shroud) as soon as I use a project, leaving the rock hanging in the air. It sucks.
Vrook Lamar: Kaltos - Jedi Shadow, Ryld - Mercenary
Quote: Originally Posted by Froteus View Post
The only thing that needs fixing is for bads to stop being bad.

Varicite
03.30.2012 , 01:34 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by trakata View Post
As a shadow, I can tell you that the main beef we have is the delay on project, not the "hurr durr we throw rocks" QQ. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten frustrated in PVP by an assassin or operative who vanishes (or uses immunity abilities like force shroud) as soon as I use a project, leaving the rock hanging in the air. It sucks.
The delay can also work out slightly to your advantage, letting the Project hit at the same moment as the following move for a bit of burst. It's easier to heal from damage that has a longer delay between abilities.

Small consolation, I know, but there's something. : )
Quote: Originally Posted by JayPres View Post
Strap your digital dog to your digital roof and take your ideologies, lovely wife, and sweet little 8yr old girl to a PVE server where you fit best.

Doozzer
03.30.2012 , 02:31 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Benora View Post
maybe I'm just having a harder time keeping up with my procs. I wish we could use addons like in WOW to let us know when something procs. With the way it is now it's hard to see and keep up with the fight. I'm mostly in champ gear with a few cent pieces
your buffs stack in from the left of your portrait, and your debuffs stack in from the right.

I agree that its kind of a pain in the *** to see your proc list, especially since most of our buffs are tiny purple men.

I find its easier to observe the length of the buff bar rather than actually pay attention to the individual buffs.

note the length of your buff bar at the start of the match. assuming you have no other class buffs, its going to be your saber charge and your class buff. 2 squares long. When you shock/wither, harnessed darkness- 3 squares long. when you hit thrash, look for the bar to get longer and more purple- there's going to be another little purple man on your bar if you got your energize proc. When you're familiar with what your buff bar looks like when your procs are up, you dont actually have to read it- you can glance at it and determine from how many icons are on it what you have up.
TK-421, the fragrance for men.
"Because it was a boring conversation anyways."