Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Debunking The Myth About Assassins: One Troll At A Time

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
Debunking The Myth About Assassins: One Troll At A Time

verfallen
03.30.2012 , 11:26 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by TheOpf View Post
Chain Shock build is supposed to have more burst. Due to double shock RNG. I have yet to try it, but I couldn't imagine it would be more powerful than improving the damage of VS, Maul, and every other ability that needs AP.

I believe that some simulation was run where it had a higher burst capacity. Double shock = greater damage than improved Maul and VS.
You can always get 2/3 of it (30% chance rather than 45%) with a 3/31/7 build. Will require dropping the buff to VS tough.

iSenseSomething
03.30.2012 , 12:06 PM | #72
Boy does this thread discourage playing as Deception in pve. Doesn't anyone have anything uplifting to say about pve Deception? (other than "great burst for rage timers").

verfallen
03.30.2012 , 12:16 PM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by iSenseSomething View Post
Boy does this thread discourage playing as Deception in pve. Doesn't anyone have anything uplifting to say about pve Deception? (other than "great burst for rage timers").
It IS a burst spec. You prefer sustained DPS to it? Go for Madness. Want survivability? Go for darkness.

Want **** pwnage across the board? Go for Kotor 2.

TheOpf
03.30.2012 , 12:23 PM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by iSenseSomething View Post
Not at all! I am a big proponent of the deception spec. It's only issue is survivability in pvp, and the misconceptions of a lot of ignorant players in pve. Most opponents of deception are opponents of any assassin that isn't darkness.

Currently with simulations the dps difference between deception and Madness is between 5 and 10 percent with Madness winning out due to the damage buff when a target gets below 30 percent health.

If you prefer deception you will do fine in ops and HM's.
The Bounty Hunter AP Guide: Always Learning -Vanguard Tactics Guide: Where is my PG Slow?
Anam Ithieor- 50 AP Powertech
Anbas Ithieor- 20 Operative (lethality/healer)