Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Games crashes while quiting game

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Games crashes while quiting game
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

VegaPhone
03.30.2012 , 01:00 AM | #1
The game has several times crashed while exiting the game.

Not sure why this happens, but having to rely on alt tabing, or ctrl-alt-delete without doing a hard reboot which could cause dmg to my actual hard drive, and important files, is unnecessary.

If there is an explanation, or possible solution to this problem it would be handy.

Before people suspect I'm incompetent, I know enough about my pc to not have these issues.

So its the client. Either the files are not good due to patching, or patches, ... or specific settings of the game are not specific enough to allow for a smooth operation. For example setting the game to administrator, which again, should be unnecessary. But, if that's the kind of thing that people have to do, then lay it on us.

Thnx

Tirvaak
03.30.2012 , 01:29 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by VegaPhone View Post
The game has several times crashed while exiting the game.

Not sure why this happens, but having to rely on alt tabing, or ctrl-alt-delete without doing a hard reboot which could cause dmg to my actual hard drive, and important files, is unnecessary.

If there is an explanation, or possible solution to this problem it would be handy.

Before people suspect I'm incompetent, I know enough about my pc to not have these issues.

So its the client. Either the files are not good due to patching, or patches, ... or specific settings of the game are not specific enough to allow for a smooth operation. For example setting the game to administrator, which again, should be unnecessary. But, if that's the kind of thing that people have to do, then lay it on us.

Thnx
Hi Vegaphone,

I'm sorry to hear that you have been experiencing this problem when trying to exit the game.

I'm just wondering if you have tried to run a repair through the launcher settings to see if it will fix any files that may be corrupt. To run this click on the cog wheel in the bottom left corner of the launcher and click repair.

While I am not certain that this will fix the problem I would like you to test it out to see if it gives any improvement.

Thanks.

Tirvaak | Bioware Customer Service - Forum Support

CJ_SAX_MAN
03.30.2012 , 02:17 AM | #3
I need to test that out too, I have had the same issue, about 9 times out of 10 now when i close it it freezes up and crashes. Been having to do the thing where i hold the power button to turn it off, which i hear doing that too much is rough on the computer.
Sarthist, Jedi Guardian Guild: Inferno Server: The Fatman
Please help me get Bioware to make my guide into a "sticky"
Guide for players on weak computers: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=383030

VegaPhone
03.30.2012 , 02:29 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Tirvaak View Post
Hi Vegaphone,

I'm sorry to hear that you have been experiencing this problem when trying to exit the game.

I'm just wondering if you have tried to run a repair through the launcher settings to see if it will fix any files that may be corrupt. To run this click on the cog wheel in the bottom left corner of the launcher and click repair.

While I am not certain that this will fix the problem I would like you to test it out to see if it gives any improvement.

Thanks.
I ran it previously a few days ago. I do sometimes notice an improvement from repairing. So I will try now again.

Thnx

Tirvaak
03.30.2012 , 02:34 AM | #5 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by VegaPhone View Post
I ran it previously a few days ago. I do sometimes notice an improvement from repairing. So I will try now again.

Thnx
Hi VegaPhone,

Thanks for replying. When you ran the repair the other day did you receive any notifications that a number of files were repaired?

Thanks.

Tirvaak | Bioware Customer Service - Forum Support

VegaPhone
03.30.2012 , 10:42 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Tirvaak View Post
Hi VegaPhone,

Thanks for replying. When you ran the repair the other day did you receive any notifications that a number of files were repaired?

Thanks.
I did not. It just said it was complete with the task of repairing.

So I am guessing that means the repair might have helped or maybe not (if it compresses the files to run smoother) but I did not get that message.

Also the freeze from quitting the game rarely happens.

I have logged in a few times already and no problems so far.

Tizzysawr
03.30.2012 , 11:05 AM | #7
Having this issue sometimes. The thing is, the game takes an awful amount of time to close - Several minutes - Even if I log off beforehand.

I really think this game is very poorly optimized.

overunitee
03.30.2012 , 12:02 PM | #8
I was having this issue also so I would like to help .

I will take a guess that you have less than 8 gb of ram ?

On my system this was the issue and installing 8gb of ddr3 fixed it ,and it now closes immediately .

One thing you can do to prove this is the case for you is to just quit game and let the computer close itself ,It may take up to 10 minutes ,but it does look like its crashed because you cannot interact at all with it ,If it does close by itself then install the ram .

My ram usage in taskmanager can be 6gb especially if I have done some warzones .

This will also help with graphic issues ,If you notice when the game fps drops that the light on your computer is lit up ,this means the info is not in the ram so the system has gone to your disk for it and until it gets it your gpu can do nothing .

Ram is very fast and the whole game would preferably be loaded on it .

Your drive were you have the game stored is a lot slower .

If you want fast load screen times, get yourself an SSD drive ,put game and operating system on it and the loads times should be lightning fast.

Hope this is your issue and I have helped .
Looking for mature gamers ?
The Red Eclipse ,Overunitiy lvl 50 Commando reroll
Sentinel lvl 12 at moment