Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So can I remove armoring mods from BM/Rakata gear?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
So can I remove armoring mods from BM/Rakata gear?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Urkanan
03.29.2012 , 02:17 PM | #131
Quote: Originally Posted by Seydis View Post
Also, for the new gear, will the set bonuses be "bound" to that armor mod forever? Just wondering what woudl happen if they were to eventually be able to acquire a better armor mod, but then be shafted again because of the set bonus being tied to the inferior armor mod.
This will always happen with set bonus pieces no matter how you set it up: a stat increase that makes you lose the bonus will always need to be weighed, too small, not worth it.

The only other option is to bind bonus to shell, with the current issues.

Quinlynn
03.29.2012 , 02:30 PM | #132
Quote: Originally Posted by XavinNydek View Post
Because the mod system is supposed to allow full "look" customization. It's becoming increasingly clear that they should have just gone for an appearance tab and saved everyone a ton of grief.
QFE, howver I appreciate the effort to include the crafters in end game gear vs. just appearance items.

That said, I totally agree it is the best solution here.

Quinlynn
03.29.2012 , 03:01 PM | #133
Totally and utterly a slap in the face to all players that existing gear is not appropirately updgraded to a post 1.2 status. As others indicated they are already going into the database to retro-change mods in those items so how much harder is it to change the armor mod to carry the set bonus.

Only word that comes to mind is fail.

I can imagine some whiny tard complaining that it is too hard to write the code.

No excuse for not making this part of the 1.2 patch when the game is only 4 mons old and already struggling with bad PR.

Try again BW.

grezgorz
03.29.2012 , 03:32 PM | #134
If I understand the dev posts, we will be able to take the 61+ armor mods (set bonus tied to mod) out of campaign gear, and transfer it to the old gear (set bonus tied to shell) to create uber double set-bonus gear? This would go beyond being stupid, poorly thought out and lazy, if true.

I really hope that the dev position is revised and the system is changed to be consistent with what we were told would happen. Honestly, how hard is it to go in and move the set bonus from the armor shell to the mod? You're already having to modify the current sets by creating removable mods... Why give us this half-baked, inconsistent and potentially exploitable system?

What reasonable explaination could there be for doing things this way? If it's pure laziness I volunteer to pay out of pocket to fly to Austin or wherever the hell the actual work is supposed to be done to do it myself! While I'm there I'll delete all of those hideous end-game armor models and replace them with slave bikinis. This is SO frustrating!

Nessirin
03.29.2012 , 03:59 PM | #135
Quote: Originally Posted by Quinlynn View Post
Totally and utterly a slap in the face to all players that existing gear is not appropirately updgraded to a post 1.2 status. As others indicated they are already going into the database to retro-change mods in those items so how much harder is it to change the armor mod to carry the set bonus.

I can imagine some whiny tard complaining that it is too hard to write the code.

No excuse for not making this part of the 1.2 patch when the game is only 4 mons old and already struggling with bad PR.

Try again BW.
1) Most of the set bonuses are crap
2) You won't need them to get the new 1.2 gear anyway.

Try again poster.
Darth Mado vas Nightfall 50 marauder Ven Zallow

scofield
03.29.2012 , 05:02 PM | #136
Can someone please post the ingredients needed for the orange armor pieces? I heard that this changes with 1.2

Any armor piece will do. I can then compare to what is currently needed.

Thanks!

Rotoroot
03.29.2012 , 05:43 PM | #137
Quote: Originally Posted by Quinlynn View Post

Try again BW.
Win.

I guess people HM raiding for Rakata pre-1.2 are wasting their time entirely.

ReddNekk
03.29.2012 , 06:06 PM | #138
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidHunt View Post
The part that only applies to new gear is the set bonus. Before Game Update 1.2, the set bonus is attached to the shell item, and thus it cannot be moved from old items. In Game Update 1.2, the set bonus will be attached to the armoring, meaning you can move it between items.
Does this apply to the new level 50 PvP gear that's replacing Cent/Champ gear? I sure dont want to see my alts in ugly as hell PvP gear for who knows how long because i cant transfer mods from the new PvP gear to orange gear/weaps that i like the looks of more.
"Man does not cease to play because he grows old. He grows old because he ceases to play."

DavidHunt
03.30.2012 , 11:43 AM | #139 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Urkanan View Post
What happens if I remove the PvE armorings from 1.2 chest and leg pieces, with PvE bonus attached, and put them in my PvP chest and legs "shells" from pre-1.2, which also have the PvP bonus attached?
Mods are the primary building blocks of items. Just as the damage on a base mod is what matters for a weapon, the same is true for the set bonus.

If you put a set bonus mod in a set bonus shell, the set bonus on the mod replaces the set bonus on the shell. In this case, you would have the PvP appearance with the PvE stats and set bonus.

Quantemoq
04.01.2012 , 09:37 AM | #140
does that mean i can now take out armoring of say eliminator battlemaster and put it in my bracers and belt and recieve both the 2 piece (say eliminator rakata) set bonus ontop of my 4 piece setbonus from chest bracers gloves and helm ?