Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Question...I get stuck moving sometimes, answer?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Question...I get stuck moving sometimes, answer?

ZaruenMakai
03.30.2012 , 11:31 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
Finally...someone who feels my pain, yet no solution :-/...When this happens I generally tell my team I'm bugged while furiously mashing my keyboard. If my character doesn't stop moving I'll just go afk until the game ends in a corner because I'm worthless.
leech, you should immeditately leave the game, why are you bringing your tea mdown because youre bugged? There sno reason for your tea mto lose cuz youre bugged.. just bvecause you are worthless, it does not mean your tea mshould suffer for your mistakes

no offense, but dont tell me the bug prevents you from leaving the game cuz that sounds like a bad excuse

bromery
04.18.2012 , 10:45 AM | #42
The problem with internet forums: everyone thinks that no matter how different their problem is it is the same problem....

I have the issue this thread is about, it is VERY simply when alt-tabbing into the game, the character will start moving backwards, and all forward controls just make them stop (can no longer move forward until logging out and in). THAT IS THE ISSUE, if your issue is different, then it is NOT the same issue, I don't know why that is so hard to understand. I have not been able to figure out what is causing this or how to fix it, but speculating about other issues does not help.

Side note: the game doesn't seem to do this when running in Windowed mode... but that's hardly a solution.

bromery
04.18.2012 , 10:50 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by ZaruenMakai View Post
leech, you should immeditately leave the game, why are you bringing your tea mdown because youre bugged? There sno reason for your tea mto lose cuz youre bugged.. just bvecause you are worthless, it does not mean your tea mshould suffer for your mistakes

no offense, but dont tell me the bug prevents you from leaving the game cuz that sounds like a bad excuse
According to you, they should just let the money they spent on the game go to waste because the game is defective?

Iboga
04.18.2012 , 10:53 AM | #44
It used to happen to me... doesn't anymore. I suspect it was some sort of lag or something, where the client loses connection with the server and just continues sending the "move forward" command or something like that...
Iboga - Scoundrel - Soresu (Retired)

Shastymax
05.11.2012 , 09:40 PM | #45
I have the same COMPLAINT about about that. Either the developer failed and it's a glitch or they failed in the keybinding system. In any case I have the same situations but with different buttons and bindings and solutions. PLEASE FIX THIS SO I CAN ENJOY THE GAME. Who TF autoruns in a direction anyway? Makes me #SMH

My movement is on numberpad and Shift+ any movement binding causes my guy to sapper run into some serious **** and dies. Makes me rage at this game. Especially in PVP and I get no respect too.... To fix it I need to figure out the direction Im moving and then hit Control+ that key to stop him. Do you know how hard that was for me? Damn, I kept dieing SO MANY times before I figured that out. *Sigh* I suck at this game. Who the **** autoruns like that??

Shastymax
05.11.2012 , 09:53 PM | #46
ON Behalf of Cheja, his **** 'n mission objective wont load up. He's pissed off about it. That's fun too... Ever played with a rager? INSANE. Istant buzzkill. I know... I know... I'm guilty of it too because my mission objective mess up too. On top of auto-piloting my guy. It's like that one deaf-mute uncle swinging a baseball bat at a pinata on your 5th birthday party. Fun to watch I'm sure.

doctorfirepants
05.11.2012 , 11:03 PM | #47
I've had this exact problem a hand full of times. Usually the only way out of it for me is for someone to come in range and I force leap to them, then all of a sudden I have full control again. Obviously this isn't going to work for everyone.
CE

CorbinCrawford
12.26.2012 , 09:58 AM | #48
This happens to me all the time, but I get stuck turning left or right, round and around. The way to stop it is simply to press whatever keybind direction I have been stuck in (so if I get stuck turning left I press shift-F which is my turn left keybind).

No one I know in game has encountered this. I think this is maybe because I use many movement keybinds, both mouse for general turning and mouse+keyboard for "hard turns" in Warzones when I have to quickly get behind and face a player (scoundrel backblast). Not sure how they can fix it if they don't experiencing it GM side. I'd allow myself to get stuck and submit a ticket to show them if it didn't take them 3 days to answer a ticket

Whitelightr
12.26.2012 , 10:12 AM | #49
Ive had this as well. its something to do with using certain key modifiers on keybindings. usually pressing the movement hotkey (in the direction youre running) will 'clear' it
Whitelightr/Kysyn-Vangard/Commando-BC
Darklighter/Darklightr-Marauder/Assassin-BC
Spoiler

Solarenergy
12.26.2012 , 11:52 AM | #50
This has happened to me a few times too. I'll be stuck moving in place, cannot actually move anywhere. It happened on both sorc and assassin. The character looks like he/she is running in place. Usually it will only last about 5-10 seconds. Or I will die because I can't escape people who are beating me, then when I respawn it will be normal again.