Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Battlemaster Bags - A complete joke!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Battlemaster Bags - A complete joke!!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Durex
03.02.2012 , 02:43 PM | #1
I would like to express my disgust at the battlemaster bag drop rate. You guys at bioware claim that it is 25% chance and have said you have tested it. But I bet you placed a load of bags in your bag and opened them one after the other!!!! I have opened 14 in a row, 2 a day and 4 on one day in the week and manage to obtain a single BM commendation. That is a 7.14% chance so far and it will probably decline further. You need to rethink the way BM gear is obtained because this is truely ridiculous!!!!

RANT OVER

Thank You

Thingy|50 Assassin - Legions of Lettow

Lergash
03.02.2012 , 02:49 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Durex View Post
I would like to express my disgust at the battlemaster bag drop rate. You guys at bioware claim that it is 25% chance and have said you have tested it. But I bet you placed a load of bags in your bag and opened them one after the other!!!! I have opened 14 in a row, 2 a day and 4 on one day in the week and manage to obtain a single BM commendation. That is a 7.14% chance so far and it will probably decline further. You need to rethink the way BM gear is obtained because this is truely ridiculous!!!!

RANT OVER

Thank You

Thingy|50 Assassin - Legions of Lettow
I think the 25% refers to opening one bag, not 25% of all bags yields the comm.

Like flipping a coin, there is a 50/50 chance to get heads or tails. If you flip 20 heads in a row, the odds of flipping tails on the 21st flip are still 50/50.
IA* I wouldn't venture out there fellas. This sniper's got talent.

Jurakan
03.02.2012 , 03:29 PM | #3
It's still utterly dumb to make or obtaining battlemaster or any kind of pvp gear luck based. It presents a possible scenario where a person opens 100 bags and gets not even 1 battlemaster token. It's just dumb and not well thought at all.

elitenz
03.02.2012 , 03:35 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Jurakan View Post
It's still utterly dumb to make or obtaining battlemaster or any kind of pvp gear luck based. It presents a possible scenario where a person opens 100 bags and gets not even 1 battlemaster token. It's just dumb and not well thought at all.
What has been well thought of about anything in this game the devs are complete knuckle heads.

Lergash
03.02.2012 , 03:40 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Jurakan View Post
Whatever one's opinion on the battlemaster bags RNG issue, that's for the suggestion forums, not the CS forums.

Quote: Originally Posted by elitenz View Post
What has been well thought of about anything in this game the devs are complete knuckle heads.
You're not helping.
IA* I wouldn't venture out there fellas. This sniper's got talent.

LanceUpercutt
03.02.2012 , 04:12 PM | #6
i went three weeks without getting a single battlemaster commendation a while back (havent played since then), thats over 50 bags with nothing, made a ticket but they said they tested it and its working as intended, guess i just have **** luck

Alericus
03.30.2012 , 11:14 AM | #7
Getting the same as everyone else...and have been seeing comments form others.Having said that it seems since the last patch the drop rate has dramatically dropped. Bioware you need to correct things like this.....dont and your subscription rates will drop. In closing Ill say this, Bioware said they would review the issues with iluum...where a lot of people got their valour so they could become BMs. So is this the solution, make it so no BM commendations drop for anyone?
Alaricus
"Through Strength I Gain Power!"

Missandei
03.30.2012 , 11:24 AM | #8
They fixed it. In 1.2 patch.

Axolipher
03.30.2012 , 11:26 AM | #9 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings all,

Being an avid PvP player and Battlemaster myself I can empathise with the frustration you are feeling about the battlemaster token drops.

I can happily say though that this system is currently being redesigned/changed in the 1.2 patch that is coming soon.

While these patch notes are currently in testing and are subject to changes, some of the following points may be of interest regarding this topic:
  • High-level PvP Daily and Weekly missions now reward a combination of Warzone and Ranked Warzone Commendations.
  • Battlemaster PvP vendors now sell Battlemaster gear pieces for Warzone Commendations.
  • The Valor Rank requirement has been removed from Battlemaster earpieces and implants.

Thank You.

Axolipher | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support