Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Blurry loading screen (with screenshots)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Blurry loading screen (with screenshots)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MuNieK
03.12.2012 , 07:10 AM | #1
http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/5415/swtor1.png
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/1448/swtor2j.png

Those 2 screens shows the difference between first 1-2 seconds of loading screen and all the rest.
Make notice that the 2nd screen ismoved by like 1,5px which is propably the reason of it getting blurred (positioned on fraction of pixel).

I have reported it trough in-game support but then they asked for irrelevant informations im not going to provide like some lemming. Here you have complete info of the issue. Its up to you if you gonna use it or not. I will just judge your worth as developers of quality products looking at how long time it gonna take you to fix the quality issue for which you will need time equal to finding the positioning code and fixing it so it place bitmap on integer (like half hour top?).

Kindajenin
03.12.2012 , 08:39 AM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings MuNieK,

Can you please try running the Repair function on the launcher. To do this please open the launcher and then click on the Cog icon.

Thank you for your continuing patience in this matter.
Kindajenin| BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

MuNieK
03.12.2012 , 02:03 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Kindajenin View Post
Greetings MuNieK,

Can you please try running the Repair function on the launcher. To do this please open the launcher and then click on the Cog icon.

Thank you for your continuing patience in this matter.
Done. Nothing changed as i thought. The software is making the bitmap not stay on integer. I experience such things while working with bitmaps in adobe flash. The software is trying to deal with bitmap on fraction of pixel and smooth it. And then we get blurry loading screen and a waste of such a nice, sharp details artist have made.

kmufc
03.12.2012 , 02:06 PM | #4
OP, i also have this happen to me, i just thought it was normal for the loading screen to do this?

seallone
03.12.2012 , 02:23 PM | #5
change you rez to lowest then back too monitor rez, this wil help.
LVL 50 sorc 6 LVL 20's

seallone
03.12.2012 , 02:25 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by seallone View Post
Untill swtor work with nividia, nothing we can do, but are they ?
LVL 50 sorc 6 LVL 20's

MuNieK
03.12.2012 , 02:40 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by seallone View Post
I dont see why this would help... Care to elaborate? Im not willing to dance on one leg around campfire either if someone gonna come with this idea.

littlegreymen
03.30.2012 , 09:16 AM | #8
I have the same issue....gets annoying after a while

Carousel_t
03.30.2012 , 10:46 AM | #9
it's not an issue with either your hardware nor your resolution. it's simply game engine downscaling from 1920x1200 resolution making the picture somewhat unsharpened. same thing with whole game. it looks quite good with 1920x1080 and only after a while you start noticing blurry image, text especially, but downsize your resolution a little more and you start noticing the game engine can't handle resizing images all that well.

this engine is broken, rather than loading textures based on your resolution, it ALWAYS loads maximum resolution textures and then just downscales it to your monitor's resolution (AND THEN either your monitor or your graphics card downscales the image further to the resolution you've set in your settings menu).

it's both a very bad performance and quality wise.

to proof my point, see how even BEST machines are having so much problems with micro stuttering in this game.

i understand the need to put one type of textures due to vast areas with lots of different textures, but texture can be compressed and then loaded. it's simply lack of creativity on developers end.

to sum up and answer your question as simply as possible - it cannot be fixed, it's internal engine's fault your image is blurry.