Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Free oceanic server tranfers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Free oceanic server tranfers
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

fleamz
03.29.2012 , 09:03 PM | #1
I'm not quite sure I'm legible for these when they come up. How do I find out if I am?

Ratae
03.29.2012 , 09:05 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello fleamz,

Please see this FAQ article http://www.swtor.com/info/faq/game#q400115 and skip to the part about the Asia Pacific Launch. It contains a section about the one-off transfers being offered to eligible players in the APAC region. If eligible, you should by now have received an email from us with further details about timescales.

I hope this answers your questions.
Ratae | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

fleamz
03.29.2012 , 09:44 PM | #3
So in short since I'm pretty sure I started paying on the 5th of this month I'm not eligible correct? : /

Ratae
03.29.2012 , 09:51 PM | #4 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings fleamz,

Yes, if you started playing after the end of February, then unfortunately you would not be eligible for the free transfer to an APAC server, as these were launched on March 1st.

Ratae | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

fleamz
03.29.2012 , 09:53 PM | #5
Thanks you very much for the quick and concise replies Ratae.

If I could ask you one more question. Would you happen to know when paid transfers to Oceanic servers might be becoming available? I really don't want to have to level my main all over again :P

Onyx
03.29.2012 , 10:31 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by fleamz View Post
So in short since I'm pretty sure I started paying on the 5th of this month I'm not eligible correct? : /
Started paying or started playing?

If your character was created on or before Feb. 28th and you had a valid subscription method on your account, then it looks to be eligible (at least as long as you meet the other registration requirements).
Star Wars fan for life
C C X X:
1st Special Forces Group
S . A . N . C . T . U . M . . . O . F . . . T . H . E . . . E . X . A . L . T . E . D
SWG: 2003 thru 12.15.2011 . . . . . Kettemoor ~ Starsider

Bucke_Thead
03.29.2012 , 11:37 PM | #7
Also beware: "Bioware Asia Pacific" isn't the same as "Regular Asia Pacific". Bioware think Asia Pacific only covers 4 countries. I live in a country defined as Asia Pacific by the rest of the world, but Bioware's limited definition means I'm having to say goodbye to my guild and will probably be unsubscribing soon. Once all the "Bioware Asia Pacific" players transfer, my server will be a ghost town during my prime time.

Bioware still haven't explained why they are preventing me (and others like me) from transferring with our guilds. If they would at least give us an outline of their plans, I could probably keep my ops spot... but they won't