Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Oh look, a wild crash appears....again

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Oh look, a wild crash appears....again

dksocal
03.29.2012 , 03:17 PM | #1
So after getting crashes related to Windows User accounts I took the CSR advice and created a new one. Seems to fix the crashes that actually produce an error report.

Now my game just flat out quits. No error messages, no nothing. I'm not sure if you're still having issues with certain key press combinations crashing the game or what, but this is getting out of hand.

Crashes have occurred in warzones only so far (Civil War and Huttball). They seem to happen when I'm in the midst of fighting and rapidly using multiple keys.

The crash is similar to Alt-F4'ing out the game where the game locks up for a second or so and then dumps to desktop.

IndianPaleAle
03.29.2012 , 04:03 PM | #2
Welcome to the club man... Having crashing issues very similar and I have yet to have a fix. Take a look at this thread...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=348441

dksocal
03.29.2012 , 05:49 PM | #3
I've posted so many times in that thread its ridiculous. The most help I got was:

"Create a new Admin User Account because your crash error seems to point at user file corruption."

K.

IndianPaleAle
03.29.2012 , 08:15 PM | #4
Yeah same here. I've tried just about everything imaginable and still have the same problem.
It's frustrating and this is a brand new computer!!

My roommates can play without any type of crashing.

dksocal
03.29.2012 , 08:44 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by IndianPaleAle View Post
Yeah same here. I've tried just about everything imaginable and still have the same problem.
It's frustrating and this is a brand new computer!!

My roommates can play without any type of crashing.

No idea. Just had a crash again in a Voidstar. I'm not sure if they have same issues as BF3 with realtek audio or what.

Its embarrassing that this kind of stuff goes for a 1000 post thread and an additional 7 pages without a single CSR response.

I wish my 15$ was more substantial so that they could actually feel it when people leave because of poor support.