Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Questions about Legacy system

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Questions about Legacy system

SabreNova
03.29.2012 , 05:40 PM | #1
So I recently just attained Legacy on my Slinger. I noticed while fighting enemies, I gained Legacy EXP as well as normal EXP, so thats fine. However, if my Slinger is ever deleted (he is the starter of my legacy, first character to legacy) do I lose my legacy as well? Was just wondering how that worked. Also, for leveling up Legacy, is there any benefits as of right now? I understand after 1.2 there will be some bonuses (not sure the specifics yet) but right now are there? And I can raise my legacy level on any character on the account, right?

Thanks!
The Skysaber Legacy
Master Nihalus Master Akrizios
Agent BartonCaptain ThatchGladiator Novius

KurganNazzir
03.29.2012 , 05:48 PM | #2
I've never read it myself but this thread should have your answers and more.
Dark Eclipse
GAF

DarthDemens
03.29.2012 , 05:53 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by SabreNova View Post
So I recently just attained Legacy on my Slinger. I noticed while fighting enemies, I gained Legacy EXP as well as normal EXP, so thats fine. However, if my Slinger is ever deleted (he is the starter of my legacy, first character to legacy) do I lose my legacy as well? Was just wondering how that worked. Also, for leveling up Legacy, is there any benefits as of right now? I understand after 1.2 there will be some bonuses (not sure the specifics yet) but right now are there? And I can raise my legacy level on any character on the account, right?

Thanks!
Once you unlock the Legacy, it stays, even if you delete all your characters.

Currently, the only Legacy benefit is the last name/title you can display. The rest of the perks will be added in 1.2 and beyond.

And you can raise your Legacy on any character on that server, not across the entire account. If you play on a different server, you get a different legacy.
Oh, great . you live on in our hearts!
Comprehensive Guide to Space Missions

Disodium
03.29.2012 , 06:18 PM | #4
Legacy is a server level system bound to your account.
Once you unlock it, set a name it remains bound to your account on that server even if you delete the character who unlocked it.

People have tried to remove their characters that unlocked their legacy to try to change their legacy name, this did not work.
▓█ [SITH LEGION] █▓
Server: Dalborra
Guild Desc: Australian 18+ Casual/Relaxed guild.