Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Guide] The Sith Assassin's Codex

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
[Guide] The Sith Assassin's Codex

Meeth
03.25.2012 , 11:33 AM | #191
why is this post no longer stuck?

TheOpf
03.26.2012 , 10:59 AM | #192
Quote: Originally Posted by Meeth View Post
why is this post no longer stuck?
Because there is quite a bit of misinformation that needs to be updated.

The Deception tree carries a lot of misinformation on it, which should be changed.

To name a few.

1. Any Deception build without Charge Mastery is a bad build. VS and Maul desperately need the improved Armour Pen. The only reason you wouldn't use Charge Penn is if you planned on running around in Dark Charge at which point why not just roll Darkness spec.

2. The rotation is a bit off.
1. Assassinate
2. Maul (Duplicity Up)
3. Discharge w/Reck (with 5 Stacks of Static Charge)
4. Discharge w/o Reck (with 5 stacks of Static Charge)
5. Shock (Induction Up)
6. Voltaic Slash
7. Saber Strike

3. Discharge should not be used on CD except possibly in pvp when you don't have time to build a stack of five, but it is a significant dps loss to do it. It's 6 percent more per stack. Losing 12-18 percent damage is a significant dps loss.

4. Force Slow should not be used all the time. I am almost positive it builds resolve though I will have to double check.

5. Low Slash with Whirlwind is almost ridiculoulsy comical. There isn't a single Deception Sin I know who uses Whirlwind except in Extreme Circumstances. It's like using Forced Lightning. It's never used except when you have no other options.
The Bounty Hunter AP Guide: Always Learning -Vanguard Tactics Guide: Where is my PG Slow?
Anam Ithieor- 50 AP Powertech
Anbas Ithieor- 20 Operative (lethality/healer)

psipogskillz
03.26.2012 , 01:22 PM | #193
Its probably already been said but your whither stab link is for a Jedi Consular... Here is an updated link for you.... http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200rcrozrckfsZhMb.1

Skorpeo
03.27.2012 , 08:29 AM | #194
Quote: Originally Posted by TheOpf View Post
Still shouldnt be a reason on why it should be unsticky. All the other information is a big help for new assassins.

Resticky please!
Saints Fleurdelis

Bombado
03.27.2012 , 11:00 AM | #195
Thank you. That's exactly what I was looking for. I really liked the Assassin role.

deags
03.29.2012 , 02:33 AM | #196

The Deception tree carries a lot of misinformation on it, which should be changed.

To name a few.

1. Any Deception build without Charge Mastery is a bad build.

3. Discharge should not be used on CD except possibly in pvp when you don't have time to build a stack of five, but it is a significant dps loss to do it.
I really think you don't play PVP so you really don't know every viable spec. currently playing with http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200MZhGrRkhMbtzZf0c.1 I've found it to be the most viable Chain Shock spec for PVP, Charge master isn't greatly needed in PVP with a chain shock spec, Waiting for 5 stacks to use Discharge in PVP is an awful idea discharge should be used on Every CD.
Vors, sith assassin of Guild Grievance
www.grievanceguild.com

Ushela
03.29.2012 , 02:42 AM | #197
Discharge is used on CD regardless of pvp/pve..simulationcraft has proved it.

deags
03.29.2012 , 06:52 AM | #198
Quote: Originally Posted by Ushela View Post
cheers for the further proof, i don't really do endgame PVE so could only comment on PVP.
Vors, sith assassin of Guild Grievance
www.grievanceguild.com

TheOpf
03.29.2012 , 09:17 AM | #199
Quote: Originally Posted by Ushela View Post
If you are talking about the sithwarrior.com forum. They have even stated in the thread that it's best to wait for 5 stacks, but the dps loss is ~1percent DPS. Please don't state things that are random tosses of misinformation spouted by the misreading of a thread.

I stated in pvp is the only time not waiting on 5 stacks is not a dps loss. This is inherently true a loss of 1 percent is still a loss. If you feel you can't use discharge when it hits 5 without waiting a few GCD's to pop it than use it on CD between 3 and 5. Using Discharge with less than 3 stacks on it is a significant dps loss.
The Bounty Hunter AP Guide: Always Learning -Vanguard Tactics Guide: Where is my PG Slow?
Anam Ithieor- 50 AP Powertech
Anbas Ithieor- 20 Operative (lethality/healer)

Ushela
03.29.2012 , 05:37 PM | #200
If you are talking about the sithwarrior.com forum. They have even stated in the thread that it's best to wait for 5 stacks, but the dps loss is ~1percent DPS. Please don't state things that are random tosses of misinformation spouted by the misreading of a thread.

I stated in pvp is the only time not waiting on 5 stacks is not a dps loss. This is inherently true a loss of 1 percent is still a loss. If you feel you can't use discharge when it hits 5 without waiting a few GCD's to pop it than use it on CD between 3 and 5. Using Discharge with less than 3 stacks on it is a significant dps loss.
Ive never seen a post backed up by numbers in a simulcraft chart that shows discharge used on CD doing less dps than not using it on CD....could you link that info please?