Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Knight or consular


flem's Avatar


flem
03.29.2012 , 02:52 AM | #11
Knight has a much more epic class storyline, basically the "official" Republic one.
Jedi Covenant | Formerly: Squadron 840; Shii-Cho | Bring back warzone Tauntauns!

Cerion's Avatar


Cerion
03.29.2012 , 04:13 AM | #12
I will say, as a JK:Guardian, that it is a very reactive playstyle -- you will need to master the use of several interrupts that stymie your opponent. At first I wasn't used to this, thinking I'd just hack through things with my saber. Now, however, I miss my interrupts when I play on alts, lol.

Ashu-ri's Avatar


Ashu-ri
03.29.2012 , 06:55 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Eternalnight View Post
/facepalm


That's just a stupid comment. Having 2 melee attacks that are practically useless does not make it not ranged.

And Troopers can use Stockstrike even with Commando advanced class, which still does not mean that their role is not ranged dps or healer


grow up



It was not incomplete. It was misleading. There is a huge difference.

Saying that consulars "focus on dps and/or healing" is practically suggesting that they don't have tank spec.
Jedi Shadows have more than 2 lightsaber attacks. It's the consular that only has 2. Consular is more stand back and watch them die, while shadow is more get behind them and kill them.

GymQuirk's Avatar


GymQuirk
03.29.2012 , 07:49 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Ashu-ri View Post
Jedi Shadows have more than 2 lightsaber attacks. It's the consular that only has 2. Consular is more stand back and watch them die, while shadow is more get behind them and kill them.
Shadow is a Consular Advanced Class. ITYM "Sage".

Owsley's Avatar


Owsley
03.29.2012 , 09:34 AM | #15
The Consular story line was way too care bear and zen for me.

Ashu-ri's Avatar


Ashu-ri
03.29.2012 , 09:44 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by GymQuirk View Post
Shadow is a Consular Advanced Class. ITYM "Sage".
Sorry, my mistake, I meant to say Sages only have to light saber attacks, and they aren't very good at that.

To the OP, I agree, try each to a certain level. While the play style of one class may agree with you, the class story may bore you to tears.

GellonSW's Avatar


GellonSW
03.29.2012 , 10:31 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Ashu-ri View Post
Sorry, my mistake, I meant to say Sages only have to light saber attacks, and they aren't very good at that.

To the OP, I agree, try each to a certain level. While the play style of one class may agree with you, the class story may bore you to tears.

We get 2 light saber attacks and an awesome roundhouse kick to boot.

Ashu-ri's Avatar


Ashu-ri
03.29.2012 , 01:26 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by GellonSW View Post
We get 2 light saber attacks and an awesome roundhouse kick to boot.
I DO love the kick!