Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Your Legacy Begins

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CourtneyWoods
03.29.2012 , 09:56 AM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Senior Designer William Wallace details the upcoming Legacy System changes in Game Update 1.2:

Quote:
Where would you start if you were constructing the Skywalker family tree? Letís start with Anakin. If you ask me, Anakin is a level 50 Sith Warrior anchoring the top of the family tree. Heís married to Padme Amidala and they have two kids, Luke and Leia. Luke and Leia were both strong in the Force, like their father before them. Leia ends up marrying Han Solo, undoubtedly a level 50 Smuggler, and they have three children who all turn out to be Jedi. Luke marries Mara Jade, and they in turn have Ben, who is also a powerful Jedi Knight. Looking at their family tree, itís clear that the Skywalker legacy produces powerful Force users and great heroes.
Read More
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Icysunx
03.29.2012 , 10:02 AM | #2
In your Legacy picture example I see 3 men and 1 woman followed by a ring that contains the option to add children, with one child already added.

!) Whos child is that from? Do the other 3 characters know which one got her pregnant

2) Is it possible to have 4 men in a family tree and still have children?

3) if you have a child, does he look like a child in game as well?

VicSkimmr
03.29.2012 , 10:04 AM | #3
Quote:
In case thatís not enough, the astromech also repairs items and buys your junk!
omg omg omg thank the maker!!!
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

Echuu-Shen-Jon
03.29.2012 , 10:06 AM | #4
Whilst I like the idea of Rocket Boots is there going to be a chance that there will be a selection of Tier 2 speed boost skills?. As rocket boots wouldn't really be appropriate for a force user even if it is a legacy unlock. Its a cool idea and I am looking forward to it?.

mathol
03.29.2012 , 10:08 AM | #5
The thing about that the legacy surname i bound to every other class you make has ruin alot of my roleplay feeling..
I havn't even made my legacy yet, and i have already pass chapter 1

VicSkimmr
03.29.2012 , 10:10 AM | #6
Give roleplayers in-game options to make roleplaying more fun, watch as roleplayers complain about it because it doesn't fit in with their view of roleplaying.
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

DarthTHC
03.29.2012 , 10:11 AM | #7
The information about companion unlocks is sort of vague. It's clear to see that we've maxed out our companions' affection, but how do we know whether or not we've completed a companion's story?

melsworld
03.29.2012 , 10:12 AM | #8
but with the number of different species and only 8 character slots, you can't unlock but more than a couple species and the actually play them, so you really can't experience all those options. We need more character slots on a server.

Iwipe
03.29.2012 , 10:13 AM | #9
For anyone looking for specific details of the legacy system, I did a writeup on the current legacy system in place on the PTS. Enjoy!

http://dulfy.net/2012/03/27/legacy-system-in-1-2/

Mazarill
03.29.2012 , 10:16 AM | #10
I like these ideas sure cause atm all Legacy is good for is a last name
I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?