Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Heroic 4s in this game is pointless

Cichard
03.28.2012 , 08:49 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Kendakon View Post
I'd just like to point out that the devs said "a group is 4 players but COMPANIONS count against this total". I believe it even comes up as a tip on the loading screens sometimes.

That said,
ALL Heroic 2's should be soloable with your companion AT LEVEL (depending on class this currently isn't always true).

Heroic 4's should be doable with just 2 people with their companions, this isn't true either for all of them. Although as mentioned some are able to be done solo.

Honestly some of the solo class story fights are harder than some of those H2's. And therin lies the problem, there is absolutely zero consistency throughout this game.

BTW, I was doing this as well, because I was bored, until I found out the rewards are pretty much crap. It takes alot of effort and WAY more time to do these and you basically get nothing useful out of it. Even the XP being double makes it less efficient. It takes way longer then twice the time to drop a group of elites or champ and therefore you are actually wasting time. And to get nothing to drop but a couple credits, often less than what i get from a group of 4 normal mobs... Well that just kinda sucks. And the actaul quest rewards 9/10 aren't worth the time either, not even an upgrade in most cases just more vendor trash.
I as a tank and My brother as a healer have Done every single heroic +4 with our 2 companions as dps. So you can do them with just 2 people and 2 companions. obviously we kept up on our gear and our companions gear. and we where Assassin tank and Operative healer. So we had 2 saps and a droid cc pretty much it most the time i just aoe tanked everything and said f cc.

the quest reward xp is only half of what your earning by doing htem. The heroic content xp is per kill is higher then normal quest xp per kill. Normaly doing 1 heroic +4 and doing hte bonuses will yeild you close to a full level.
Quote:
The order in which you will gain entry into EGA is dependent on how early you burned your Pre-Order Code. The earlier you burned your Pre-Order Code, the earlier you will be granted entry into EGA.

Reeny
03.28.2012 , 11:19 PM | #22
I agree with the OP.

Too many H4 missions on some planets, especially Hoth.
It's almost impossible to find people to group up with and having to find 2 or 3 people to do those quests is really hard.

Reduce Heroic4 missions to Heroic2 and maybe if you really really still want a H4 mission, just have one single big H4 mission on each planet. Make it shareable as well.

Dont make the same dumb mistake that blizz/wow made with their silly elite mob areas in azeroth. Now they are all gone as no one quests in those areas.

tekkamansoul
03.28.2012 , 11:27 PM | #23
Good points on both sides, but the issue is that Heroic 4s are NOT getting done most of the time. It's hard enough to get groups for Heroic 2+. If you aren't on the fleet , chances are you aren't gonna find 3 people willing to group for a single planet quest.

They should tone down the difficulty or turn them into world quests. Its true. At the moment its largely wasted content.

Hicksior
03.28.2012 , 11:49 PM | #24
Maybe take from "that" other game, things like Ring of Blood, Amphitheater of Anguish were a great distraction while questing, it was good to grab a group for these as the Exp was brilliant, the end rewards were very useful plus the little things like health pots and so on.

I normally wait for a few mates to catch up to an area and then I will go and run them through the H4's, I normally just skip them as while I quest I also sign up for PVP so the exp isn't worth the time it takes to find a group and do the quests, but this is just me. If people ask in General for a Healer or Tank I will go along unless I don't have the quest yet, some tried to share but it doesn't always work, yet if you go pick it up it's fine.

They need to make the Exp either a little more worth while or rewards better, give people the incentive to run these and they will do it, but remove a couple as well so people feel like they are missing out if they don't do them.

From what I have done I found because I do PVP a lot, I normally only ever complete half a planet if that, I did it on Quesh recently, I did the class quest and moved on, I was too high for the area, so moved onto Hoth I think it was for class story line.

Astarica
03.29.2012 , 12:12 AM | #25
Pretty much all Heroic 4s can be done by 2 people plus companions unless you get into some oddball one like The First Commando and your healer is merc (he cannot interrupt, so your tank gets one shot by the final boss because you don't have two interrupts). Problem is 95% of the time the guy you find isn't going to be convinced 2 is enough and will be looking for a tank and a healer, which he will pretty much never find. Looking at chat with the guys who are "LF2M for some heroic 4" I can say with certainty most people are too scared to do them with 2 so the fact that they can be done with 2 doesn't help.

All the heroic 2s can be soloed unless they feature a mob mix that you cannot CC. For example Assassins can't fight the mobs in the Heroic 2 in Belsavis because all the mobs are droids (but he can just stealth past them). I think some ACs can only CC droids and they'd get mauled by a standard 2 elite + 1 strong humanoid formation.

The point is not whether I can do them. I actually can do a lot of them especially the ones where you just have to click on something (send in companion to die, click, done), and most are quite easy with stealth. The point is that they're clearly not done by most people. Go to any planet and you'll see the same guys that's LFM for Heroic 4s all day. What's the point of the content if it's not done? You don't need it to level, it's not really that challenging, and the reward isn't even very good. I'm only doing it because I want to see if they've interesting story (and if you're curious, they do not). Other than for the sake of being a completist, there's really no reason to do it. Sure it doesn't harm me to do it, but what's the point of content if it's never done?

Astarica
03.29.2012 , 12:14 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Cichard View Post
the quest reward xp is only half of what your earning by doing htem. The heroic content xp is per kill is higher then normal quest xp per kill. Normaly doing 1 heroic +4 and doing hte bonuses will yeild you close to a full level.
The XP is great, so great that if you were actually doing all heroic 4s by killing your way in, you'd have to end up skipping entire planets at some point to not out level them assuming you've no interest in doing quests that yield no xp.

So again, what's the point to do content that, if you did it all, would force you to skip a planet later? I guess you can do ONLY heroic + story + major quest, but what do you gain out of it? It's not really any faster than doing normal quests, and the gear reward is negligible (heroic 4 oranges are usually worse than plain blues of same level).

Xsorus
03.29.2012 , 02:53 AM | #27
Rofl, Heroic 4s are one of the reasons this game leveling system doesn't blow balls..

I lvled up with 2 other friends (we always had a pug healer with us and it was usually the same guy) and we flew to 50 very quickly because we only did the Class quests on whatever Planet we were on, and the Heroics, i mean we skipped a STUPID amount of quests, Hell I'm still finding places i've not been on my 3rd Character i'm lvling... all because of Heroic 4's, If you group up in this game, they're honestly the fastest XP in the game, and the best way to lvl period.

This is one of the few games that actually did it right on lvling, You can solo if ya want, and you have some nice solo content, but if you group, it's faster and you get rewarded for doing it.

Gformutorila
03.29.2012 , 03:03 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Jianka View Post
I think, you all confused what purpose [Heroic] missions really serve.

- It is not part of planet story
- It is not part of class story
- It can be skipped without decrementing to your experience
= You aren't required to do them in any way or form

+ It giving fun alternative to players completing content in group
+ It provide one of a kind orange gear as reward or planet commendations in ample quantities, so you can feast yourself at commendation vendor
+ It sometimes giving you unique loot from inside heroic NPCs, like orange bracers/belts (I look at you, Taris)
= Right alternative to solo questing or just bonus activity with right rewards for right kind of people.

At level 50 you also have few daily heroics, and all of them giving you just that - bonus. Be it purple mod or armoring, or one of a kind orange gear for your companions, or commendations in ample quantities, so you can feast yourself at commendation vendor... see the trend here now? Guess no one have problem finding group for level 50 dailies, right?

TLDR: It is bonus - you can do it and get above average rewards, or you can skip it easily.

P.S. I've completed almost all [Heroic] missions on every planet, and never I met problem finding group for them. Even while at average planet population is 15-20 on my server.

In fact I have had bigger problem finding group for Ancient Probe droid on Hoth, then for any of Hoth bonus series heroics.

15-20 people on a planet is a lot I hardly ever see more then 3-4 people on a planet.
Doomsters are not kvlt, tr00, gr1m or pretentious.
Life is a sexually transmitted disease
Any song shorter than 8 minutes is an 'Intro'.

Gformutorila
03.29.2012 , 03:05 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Xsorus View Post
Rofl, Heroic 4s are one of the reasons this game leveling system doesn't blow balls..

I lvled up with 2 other friends (we always had a pug healer with us and it was usually the same guy) and we flew to 50 very quickly because we only did the Class quests on whatever Planet we were on, and the Heroics, i mean we skipped a STUPID amount of quests, Hell I'm still finding places i've not been on my 3rd Character i'm lvling... all because of Heroic 4's, If you group up in this game, they're honestly the fastest XP in the game, and the best way to lvl period.

This is one of the few games that actually did it right on lvling, You can solo if ya want, and you have some nice solo content, but if you group, it's faster and you get rewarded for doing it.
Most people that play this game have no friend who also play and since most planets are empty it is very hard to find a group.
Doomsters are not kvlt, tr00, gr1m or pretentious.
Life is a sexually transmitted disease
Any song shorter than 8 minutes is an 'Intro'.

Bafucin
03.29.2012 , 07:04 AM | #30
Guys, you can kill one mob and leave the Heroic, enter again, kill second one, and do that over and over again. Nice when doing it solo.